USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625XT photo  (Read 18069 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
GH-625XT photo
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »

Dear all,

I create a new subject due to I can't find Canadien's previous post which with girlie color. :P
It looks not so perfect as hand drawing. ???

In addition to improve the quality, our product manager made an new type as .

Please give me more ideas about this,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

P.S. We still reserve previous casing for Canadian exchange ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:15:04 pm by TWG_TECH4 »

canadien

Re: GH-625XT photo
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:19:15 pm »

yeah... real nice and sober.

There is a little improvement on the watch symbols. Overall, much more nicer than the girlie one  :P

The time/clock is nice but I realized that when I run with the GH 505 and try to take a look at the time I can't because it's too small. Can you consider make it bigger or I suppose there is no more room for it...?

EDIT:
Or can we consider make the clock as a part of the custom page/division like any other one ex: HR, speed, etc.. When doing long ride, I find it useful to have the time, but while running the arm is moving and make it difficult to take a look at it (the black bar clock). So if we could custom it like the other variable, we could take a look at it without changing the page.

But I may be the only one to enjoy bigger clock?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:34:22 pm by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:21:01 pm »

As for the old thrad I know it disappeared and don't know why. I might have erased it when browsing on my ipod touch, but if It's me I really don't know how I did it???

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:56:59 am »

yeah... real nice and sober.

There is a little improvement on the watch symbols. Overall, much more nicer than the girlie one  :P

The time/clock is nice but I realized that when I run with the GH 505 and try to take a look at the time I can't because it's too small. Can you consider make it bigger or I suppose there is no more room for it...?

EDIT:
Or can we consider make the clock as a part of the custom page/division like any other one ex: HR, speed, etc.. When doing long ride, I find it useful to have the time, but while running the arm is moving and make it difficult to take a look at it (the black bar clock). So if we could custom it like the other variable, we could take a look at it without changing the page.

But I may be the only one to enjoy bigger clock?

Hi Canadien,

Thanks for positive feedback! The custom page is able to configure as GH-625 does.
The screen size is also same as GH-625.
We really need the customer like you love big clock! ;D

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 02:53:26 pm »

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

canadien

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »

Nice inputs Longjob! But for me only white is a bit fade. I would stick with two colors (ex red-white) or two gradients colors (ex dark red-pale red) where the darker color is used for button such power and enter.

As for the rounded corners I think it is because there is a angle in the picture. If it was taken front face, I am not sure the corner would encroach on the LCD screen... Maybe Geoffrey can confirm this? Personally I do like rounded corners...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 10:52:34 am »

As for the old thrad I know it disappeared and don't know why. I might have erased it when browsing on my ipod touch, but if It's me I really don't know how I did it???

Hi Canadien,

It is too bad.
I can't see your innovative creation anymore. :'(

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 01:26:29 pm »

I think I still have them. Just tell me if you want me to email them to you...

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:39 pm »

Nice inputs Longjob! But for me only white is a bit fade. I would stick with two colors (ex red-white) or two gradients colors (ex dark red-pale red) where the darker color is used for button such power and enter.

As for the rounded corners I think it is because there is a angle in the picture. If it was taken front face, I am not sure the corner would encroach on the LCD screen... Maybe Geoffrey can confirm this? Personally I do like rounded corners...

Hi Canadian,

Maybe it is easier to discuss on a drawing with modification. I think there is obvious contrast between rounded corners and rectangular display by inspection. It seems it doesn't encroach in front side.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »

Best regards

Longjog

Thanks for input, Longjog.

We want emphasis the product with SirfIV, due to there isno product has this so far. So we decided to put on face plate.
There is quite contrast between rounded corners and rectangular display by inspection; it doesn't encroach from the front look.
About the color definition, perhaps Canadian can help to do modification for our look? :P

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 08:53:43 pm »

About the color definition, perhaps Canadian can help to do modification for our look? :P
Sure I can  :) but  right now I am busy having two jobs and really don't want to loose my training because of that. So please make your request as specific as you can and I'll try to do it. I don't have really time to play around with different colors, so I will only take the ideas provided by the forum users.

canadien

Quick test during lunch break
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 12:20:26 pm »

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:58:03 pm by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 03:53:47 pm »

I agree with Longjog- the round corners look a little strange together with the down border in the display. Shortening the border with 1 mm on each side could do the trick. Bragging about SirfIV is good. The GSSport-logo however is not that good looking though and I miss the product ID. I think, as others have mentioned before, that you should benefit from the name globalsat rather than the unknown gssport but...if you need a symbol that customers can learn to relate to, how about just just using the "G" and the prduct ID "625XT"?  Part from that I would (as always) suggest larger figures (numbers) in the display. :-)

Best R
Anders

Edit: My 615 has G-sat on the front. i like.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:23:15 pm by AndersBrontosaurus »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Quick test during lunch break
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »

Hi Canadian,

We done first and second, unfortunately they seems too girlie. :(
There is a little far away to our original idea.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 10:23:38 pm »

I agree with Longjog- the round corners look a little strange together with the down border in the display. Shortening the border with 1 mm on each side could do the trick. Bragging about SirfIV is good. The GSSport-logo however is not that good looking though and I miss the product ID. I think, as others have mentioned before, that you should benefit from the name globalsat rather than the unknown gssport but...if you need a symbol that customers can learn to relate to, how about just just using the "G" and the prduct ID "625XT"?  Part from that I would (as always) suggest larger figures (numbers) in the display. :-)

Best R
Anders

Edit: My 615 has G-sat on the front. i like.

Hi Anders,

Thanks for input.
Our company policy is tending to use G-Sport for sport product which was powered by Globalsat.
After checked with mechanical engineer, they told me to keep good water resistance performance, it was not recommended to reduce the width of rounded corner.
Do you mean to write "GPS SirFStarIV" instead current and enlarge font size of display?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 19 queries.