USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625XT photo  (Read 16623 times)

canadien

Re: Quick test during lunch break
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:06 am »

Hi Canadian,

We done first and second, unfortunately they seems too girlie. :(
There is a little far away to our original idea.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Oh, it sucks! I am sorry for that. Do you want me to try something else or you'll stick with gray (which is nice enough)?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:36:00 am by canadien »

didofreims

• Regular Members
Re: GH-625XT photo
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 07:06:38 am »

Hi, what is the most important : something with a great looking or something that is working very well... I think the gh-625 xt is enough good looking like that, I just want it to work well now... and I want to buy it if it can be possible one day  :-[

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »

I agree with Longjog- the round corners look a little strange together with the down border in the display. Shortening the border with 1 mm on each side could do the trick. Bragging about SirfIV is good. The GSSport-logo however is not that good looking though and I miss the product ID. I think, as others have mentioned before, that you should benefit from the name globalsat rather than the unknown gssport but...if you need a symbol that customers can learn to relate to, how about just just using the "G" and the prduct ID "625XT"?  Part from that I would (as always) suggest larger figures (numbers) in the display. :-)

Best R
Anders

Edit: My 615 has G-sat on the front. i like.

Hi Anders,

Thanks for input.
Our company policy is tending to use G-Sport for sport product which was powered by Globalsat.
After checked with mechanical engineer, they told me to keep good water resistance performance, it was not recommended to reduce the width of rounded corner.
Do you mean to write "GPS SirFStarIV" instead current and enlarge font size of display?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hi!
Well we can't interfere too much with companypolicy. :-)  But I still think the productID should be visible. About round corners my impression is that it looks cheap when the black pixeled border disappears behind the rounded frame. Therefore my suggestion was to shorten the border a little so it doesn't go in behind the frame.
Yes, gps starsirfIV id what I meant.And bigger fontsize on the display.Only the numbers though. Text is fine in current size.

Keep up the hard work!

Anders

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Quick test during lunch break
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 05:49:29 pm »

Hi Canadian,

We done first and second, unfortunately they seems too girlie. :(
There is a little far away to our original idea.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
I wouldn't mind piloting a girlie version. ;-)
Part from that, a woman on my work is about to buy the new Nike watch just because of it's colour (and design) it seems.  :o

Richard

• Regular Members
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 02:29:59 am »

....But I still think the productID should be visible. About round corners my impression is that it looks cheap when the black pixeled border disappears behind the rounded frame. Therefore my suggestion was to shorten the border a little so it doesn't go in behind the frame.
Yes, gps starsirfIV id what I meant.And bigger fontsize on the display.Only the numbers though. Text is fine in current size.

Keep up the hard work!

Anders
Hi all,
i agree with Anders  ;)
maybe  like this ? :)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:33:11 am by Richard »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 09:40:21 am »

....But I still think the productID should be visible. About round corners my impression is that it looks cheap when the black pixeled border disappears behind the rounded frame. Therefore my suggestion was to shorten the border a little so it doesn't go in behind the frame.

Keep up the hard work!

Anders
Hi all,
i agree with Anders  ;)
maybe  like this ? :)

Hi Richard,

It is much clear. :D  I will go forward to communicate this idea to our deisnger.

sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 04:00:50 pm »

Dear guys,

please donīt make to much. The watch is looking more and more like a toy.
Black is beautiful and elegant.

Regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

canadien

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »

Quote from: Richard

Mmmm it's a lot of text... Foreruner 110/210 and Nike+ are both based on ssiv, and none of them have ssiv written on the watch. So I wonder if it is a good idea to write it somewhere else like on the bracelet (strap) for instance. Like the word GPS on the 505...

The more the watch is bare looking the better it is IMHO.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:35:04 pm by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »

please donīt make to much. The watch is looking more and more like a toy.
Black is beautiful and elegant.

Of course. I think it was easier and less aggressive to bring colors when there was the inner line.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »

Ok. I thought 625XT was the first watch on the market carrying SSIV...
Then I support canadien and Longjog.

Best regards
Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 10:11:05 am »

Hello Canadien, Longjog,

I applied two beta samples for you both evaluation. In this way is eaier to come out conclusion and improve products. ;)
Even though the firmware, software are not finalize, so they will be sent later. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

mikekc

• Regular Members
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 04:50:16 am »

Nothing except instructions would be my preference.  No sirf, no globalsat, no gps  If you have to have anything  "625XT" would be palatable. For colours the red , looks good, so does black so does grey.  I think I would like mine to be the black and red colour as per photos.  Those other colours, not good.
I agree with Longjog- the round corners look a little strange together with the down border in the display. Shortening the border with 1 mm on each side could do the trick. Bragging about SirfIV is good. The GSSport-logo however is not that good looking though and I miss the product ID. I think, as others have mentioned before, that you should benefit from the name globalsat rather than the unknown gssport but...if you need a symbol that customers can learn to relate to, how about just just using the "G" and the prduct ID "625XT"?  Part from that I would (as always) suggest larger figures (numbers) in the display. :-)

Best R
Anders

Hi Anders,

Thanks for input.
Our company policy is tending to use G-Sport for sport product which was powered by Globalsat.
After checked with mechanical engineer, they told me to keep good water resistance performance, it was not recommended to reduce the width of rounded corner.
Do you mean to write "GPS SirFStarIV" instead current and enlarge font size of display?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 10:50:36 am »

Nothing except instructions would be my preference.  No sirf, no globalsat, no gps  If you have to have anything  "625XT" would be palatable. For colours the red , looks good, so does black so does grey.  I think I would like mine to be the black and red colour as per photos.  Those other colours, not good.

Best R
Anders

Hi Anders,

Thanks for input.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hello Mikekc,

Thanks for suggestion, we will keep the information to our design team. 8)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey 8)

canadien

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »

I decided to buy some cheap "never buy under any consideration" burgundy acrylic from the dollar store to get rid of the strange red on the 625xt casing I received. I did it fast just to see... And you know what? I still think burgundy and orange is a nice contrast. Will try yellow-black and orange-black. Tomorrow. Should look nice to.

As you see, I am no Van Gogh  ::)

canadien

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 09:00:02 pm »

... and yes I know I should clean my keyboard more often!  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 19 queries.