USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The watch went in Stand by-mode and my race disappeared.  (Read 1322 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

The watch went in Stand by-mode and my race disappeared.
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:49:29 pm »

hello!
When the watch was still new to me 3-4 weeks ago I used in when I participated in a race. I had set the standby to 10 minutes but thought it meant shutdown like the 625. 5 minutes before the race the watch went in stand bymode and i had no clue about how to get back to normal mode. Tried all combinations and finally the watch switched off so i could restart it.

Somewhere after the race this happened again. After a bit of rest I wanted to check my performance in the watch but stand by mode was on again. Tried to unlock it by pressing various buttons and in the end the watch went down. When I restarted it, I realized to my big surprise and disppointment that everything from the race was gone. I was so tired when i finished so I'm not sure if I managed to save and reset properly, butI'm quite sure i did. In case I didn't it still always remembers if you switch it off normally. However this doesn't seem to be the case if you kill it from standby-mode.
So what
- can I have done becausethis shouldn't happen to anybody
- and what should i have done instead?

Have looked through the manual and in the standbychapter nothing is said about how to come back from standby-mode.

Best regards
Anders

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: The watch went in Stand by-mode and my race disappeared.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:19:37 pm »

Breakthrough!

Finally I've managed to reproduce the error and it wasn't too hard after all.

• Stop the cronograph after your run
  • reset data and save
  • leave the watch on without doing anything more until it goes into standbymode
  • switch it off and restart

If you do this then your last race will not have been saved.
If you go into activity info which is what you do most of the time, then your last time will be saved.
If you immediately, without doing anything else, switch the watch off it will also be saved. It seems like it's only when you end up in standbymode that the problem occur.  Quite strange. When you save and reset you get the message "save and finish" but apparently it isn't untill you proceed.

I'd say this is a major bug that even if it doesn't happen often shouldn't happen at all. For me it happened after a cross countryrace where I really pushed myheart and lungs so i was quite disappointed when I found that the training info was gone.
Also, I asked in the post above if there is a way to come back from standby mode instead of switching the watch off. Is there or is there not? I think there should be one.

And if there is a standbyfunction in the 625XT, maybe that one too needs to be fixed.

Best regards!
Anders

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:36:20 pm by AndersBrontosaurus »

canadien

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:57:38 pm »

And if there is a standbyfunction in the 625XT, maybe that one too needs to be fixed.
I might have missed it but I did see any standby mode option.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 03:39:16 am »

Hi Anders, Canadian,

Standby mode is the feature which keep timing operation and save more power consumption.
You may check CONFIGURATION>WATCH MODE>STAND BY to make sure if it was active.
When watch stand by mode is entering, for GH-505, you can escape by pressing PG+DOWN for 3 seconds.
For GH-625XT, PG+DOWN for 3 seconds as well.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:24:25 am »

Good news!
I have tried all buttoncombinations but I guess I didn't press and hold long enough.  :-[
This should be in the manual. At least I haven't seen it anywhere.

And I still think the bug should be corrected.

Best regards
Anders
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:54:37 am by AndersBrontosaurus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 19 queries.