USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea: Using navigation during training  (Read 1968 times)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
Idea: Using navigation during training
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:57:17 pm »

Hello GS-Team,

Cadence and heartrate are important parameters for training.
On the other hand I am often cycling in unknown areas when I am doing a training-ride for around 150 km. For this I am using the navigation-function.

Actually Im using navigation with the GH-505 but Im missing the monitoring of heartrate (I still have no cadence-sensor, if so, I would miss cadence also). To show user-configured data-display I have to switch through the different menues. This needs to be optimized.
The best would be to show HR an cadence (and maybe speed) in the navigation-display. If this is not possible at all, it would be helpful to be able to switch directly between navigation-display and data-display and back without toggling through all displays in one direction. But this second solution is also not a good solution because I alwasys want to see the navigation and the most important data for training.

If possible show cadence and heartrate in navigaton-window, please.

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: Idea: Using navigation during training
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:38:38 am »

Hello GS-Team,

On the other hand I am often cycling in unknown areas when I am doing a training-ride for around 150 km. For this I am using the navigation-function.

Actually Im using navigation with the GH-505 but Im missing the monitoring of heartrate (I still have no cadence-sensor, if so, I would miss cadence also). To show user-configured data-display I have to switch through the different menues. This needs to be optimized.
The best would be to show HR an cadence (and maybe speed) in the navigation-display. If this is not possible at all, it would be helpful to be able to switch directly between navigation-display and data-display and back without toggling through all displays in one direction. But this second solution is also not a good solution because I alwasys want to see the navigation and the most important data for training.

Best regards

Longjog

Hi Longjog,

The idea looks good and possible. Just I am not sure the space of display will be become too crowded if Trackback mode is active. For pure map mode in training, it seems no problem.
I would like to collect more suggestions then after samples released, and give feedback to our engineering team.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:27:50 pm »

Hello GS-Team,

Best regards

Longjog

Hello Longjog,

I sugested it a few months a go, You are complete right on this. Speed, HR and if possible Candence or a toggle between Cadence and HR and or navigation. I think speed is essencial, A lot of times I ride in front and on Tuesdays we should not go above the 32 km/h so to see the speed and ride a track you need both.
This also can be done with a quick switch button what we could configure in the config menu. So a toggle key and you can put in what should be toggled, looks like a good idea, or not?

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:49:00 am »

Maybe an automatic endless scan of the values is possible. I dont like to switch the values by pressing the buttons manually while riding.
But the best would be to show the nescesary values instantly!

Happy engineering! 8)

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

TurboTorben

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 08:24:26 am »

Maybe an automatic endless scan of the values is possible. I dont like to switch the values by pressing the buttons manually while riding.

Happy engineering! 8)

Longjog

I can fully understand your concern about switching display while riding. I dont think the endless scan will do the job, because it would often be the wrong value it shows. While you wait for the right value to come up - you are not focused on the road - and accidents could happen.

A wild idea could be remote control! - one og two buttons which could be placed on the handlebar, and communicate with the GB580 wireless. This makes it possible to control the device while riding, and keeping your hands on the handlebar.

Regards TT
GH-625M: F-GGH-2A-1012103_Interval training
GB-580B: F-GGB-2O-1107122

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »

Happy engineering! 8)

Longjog

I can fully understand your concern about switching display while riding. I dont think the endless scan will do the job, because it would often be the wrong value it shows. While you wait for the right value to come up - you are not focused on the road - and accidents could happen.

A wild idea could be remote control! - one og two buttons which could be placed on the handlebar, and communicate with the GB580 wireless. This makes it possible to control the device while riding, and keeping your hands on the handlebar.

Regards TT

I like the option to see the speed definite and HR or Candence in the navigation screen, it thus not have to be big. If this ideal option is not possible I like to see it with only one toggle key(button) It could be in the botom from the screen or top or both. Speed than in the top.

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 09:15:40 am »

Happy engineering! 8)

Longjog

Regards TT

Hello TT

I have seems the similar concept ont this product in exhibition.
However the price will be higher and makes design change a lot.
I  will keep this idea and servey the marketing feedback.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 18 queries.