USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 questions - black pixel and calculation of distanse  (Read 1166 times)

meirfalk

• Regular Members
2 questions - black pixel and calculation of distanse
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:34:54 am »

Hi,

I have 2 questions:
1. I would like to calculate the distance that I ran with my sport shows, Is there way to sum a lot of training sessions using the Gym Pro program? or do you have any other idea how to sum the distance of a lot of trainings?

2. I bought the watch (GH-505) before about 10 months at Taiwan, In the last month I started to see black pixel on the screen, seems like there are more from day to day, I saw some info on that at the forum here, but I didn't understand what is the bottom line, Is there some way to fix it? Did GS-Sport took responsibility on this issue?

Regards.
--Meir.

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: 2 questions - black pixel and calculation of distanse
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:11 pm »

1. One way I sometimes do it is to save the tracks in some XML format like gpx then just cut&paste them together in a texteditor.
Another tool I used was GPSPrune http://activityworkshop.net/software/prune/ you still have to save it to gpx or other format it understand.

2. One solution is to put in in the freezer for 20-30min, it doest only solve it tempraraly and the dots come back, but then just put it back a few minutes in the freezer again.

meirfalk

• Regular Members
Re: 2 questions - black pixel and calculation of distanse
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:17:56 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas, seems like the best solution is to use the "grep" command to find the overall distance for each training, than extract it to excel.

Regarding the black dots, I know that you are not working at GS-Sport but if the company knew that there is some reliability issue with the screens they need to take the responsibility and found good solution.
I expected that someone from GS-Sport will answer this question and will inform me what I need to do.

Regards,
--Meir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 20 queries.