USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schematic  (Read 2418 times)

jdeitch2

• Regular Members
Schematic
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:23:00 pm »

Is it possible to download the schematic for this module?  If not download how about email?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Schematic
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »

Have you tried looking at the User Manual: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/542/er332_ug.pdf)?

If not, can you please provide an example of what you're specifically looking for?

jdeitch2

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:04 pm »

Have you tried looking at the User Manual: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/542/er332_ug.pdf)?

If not, can you please provide an example of what you're specifically looking for?

Yes I have tried to use it.  Specifically I am looking to see how the PPS signal is bought out to the header.  The voltage level on the pin mysteriously dropped from a couple volts to millivolts and am trying to trace it out.

Jim

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:04:42 pm »

What do you mean by bought out by the header?

Also, can you specify what is the initial voltage before it dropped to what value of millivolts?

Please provide more details as possible.

jdeitch2

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

What do you mean by bought out by the header?

Also, can you specify what is the initial voltage before it dropped to what value of millivolts?

Please provide more details as possible.

Prior to the problem the output voltage on the PPS pulse was 3-5 volts as measured on pin 11 of the header connector.  Currently the output voltage is about 11-15 millivolts.  Both measurements are referenced to ground.

I also undertsnad this module has been discontinued.  Is there a plan to replace it?

Jim

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »

Our engineers wanted to confirm if the ER-332 has been able to acquire a GPS fix. Without the GPS fix, PPS has no pulse. Moreover, even if the ER-332 obtains a GPS fix, PPS pulse is too short to be measured by a regular electronic meter. They suggested to utilize an oscilloscope for measurement.

Also, this module is not considered discontinued.

jdeitch2

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:45:24 pm »

Our engineers wanted to confirm if the ER-332 has been able to acquire a GPS fix. Without the GPS fix, PPS has no pulse. Moreover, even if the ER-332 obtains a GPS fix, PPS pulse is too short to be measured by a regular electronic meter. They suggested to utilize an oscilloscope for measurement.

Also, this module is not considered discontinued.

I used an oscilliscope, the module had a fix, 7 satellites actually.  Like I said it worked fine before.  I tried to order a replacement module and was told that the unit has been discontinued both by USGlobalsat and eXpansys.  If it has not been discontinued how can I order 5 more?

Jim

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 03:12:38 pm »

In our Taiwan GlobalSat Headquarters, they will only produce this product if there is a MOQ for 500 units.

Also, I checked with our USGlobalSat Sales Department and was informed that this module had been discontinued.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.