USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combined wrist/footpod for multisportswatch  (Read 1481 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

Combined wrist/footpod for multisportswatch
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:33:28 pm »

How about creating a wristpod that can fit under the watch in the same way the chargingclip does?
This would make it possible for swimmers to log strokes and how many lengths/laps you've been swimming when exercising in swimmingpools. I assume it would be possible with an acceleratorpod and good algorithms to part strokes from turns due to gliding and/or dip'n'roll when turning. By entering the length of the pool you could for instance keep instant track on how far you've been swimming.
I'm not sure if physical transmission between clip and watch works under water. If it does it would be great but even if it doesn't I assume normal wireless contact would work. I know that transmission in water is more difficult than on land but when the devices is next to each other this can't really be a problem. If the pod could be easily moved from wrist to foot it could then be of good use for triathletes when switching over from swimming to cycling. The pod could hopefully also be used for other sports like wheelchairracing, rowing, kayaking and crosscountryskiing if algorithms are finetuned. Maybe even boxing to measure speed and explosivity if that is interesting.
This does of course pose new challenges for sports training gym but that's just a matter of work.

May you all have a nice midsummerweekend!
Anders
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:49:06 pm by AndersBrontosaurus »

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Combined wrist/footpod for multisportswatch
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:30 am »

with a bit of luck could it even pick the pulse?
Tried the HRM for my 505 on my wrist and it picked up pulse but 25-30 bpm too high...

BR
Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 05:27:05 am »

How about creating a wristpod that can fit under the watch in the same way the chargingclip does?
This would make it possible for swimmers to log strokes and how many lengths/laps you've been swimming when exercising in swimmingpools. I assume it would be possible with an acceleratorpod and good algorithms to part strokes from turns due to gliding and/or dip'n'roll when turning. By entering the length of the pool you could for instance keep instant track on how far you've been swimming.
I'm not sure if physical transmission between clip and watch works under water. If it does it would be great but even if it doesn't I assume normal wireless contact would work. I know that transmission in water is more difficult than on land but when the devices is next to each other this can't really be a problem. If the pod could be easily moved from wrist to foot it could then be of good use for triathletes when switching over from swimming to cycling. The pod could hopefully also be used for other sports like rowing, kayaking and crosscountryskiing if algorithms are finetuned. Maybe even boxing to measure speed and explosivity if that is interesting.
This does of course pose new challenges for sports training gym but that's just a matter of work.

May you all have a nice midsummerweekend!
Anders

Hi Anders,

It is good idea to integrate accelerator into watch. If to be an accessory, the performance is easy to get degrade into water. Actually, we are designing for ODM customer for this solution.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 05:50:44 am »

Hi Anders,
It is good idea to integrate accelerator into watch. If to be an accessory, the performance is easy to get degrade into water. Actually, we are designing for ODM customer for this solution.

Sincerely,
Geoffrey

Accelerometer inside would be better for swimming but can not be moved to the foot for biking.
Performance in external accelerometer will degrade in water but if they're situated next to each other or on top of each other it should work, shouldn't it. Basically no water between the gadgets. And can the clipconnection be used under water?
Interesting that you're developing odm for this. :-)

Sincerely
Anders

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:41:30 pm »

I just can't let go of this. Will try to make a few drawings and extra ideas in a few days. Any news from globalsat on this topic or is it still secret odm only?  :) :) :)

Best regards
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 26 queries.