USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Unboxing the new 2011 GS-Sport GB-580p GPS bike computer from Globalsat  (Read 14426 times)

canadien

Hi folks,

It's an exciting moment  8) as I received my bike computer today!

The device is a little marvell. It's small and look nicer than on picture. A real piece of art!

I am sending few pics of unboxing. I want google search engine to continue indexing the product to help make it appearing on the first page when someone search for a bike computer in google.

Will install it today and give it a first try tomorrow on a 60-80km ride.

I am a bit shy as I received it before others and I don't want people here to be jealous ;) as I don't deserve it more than any other users on the forum...

But will have more time in mid-july to make a short commercial for youtube with a nicer look than my previous video (it was a apple motion test for me :P ).

So here we go with the box itself. As you see it looks really nice, classy and will make good impression in a showcase.

The device it self is rather small

... and the accessories

No time to show them but will send more pics when installed on the bike bar.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:10:34 pm by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

Enjoy!
You deserve the package. :-)

Best regards
Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator

Enjoy!
You deserve the package. :-)

Best regards
Anders

The testers recruit is not closed yet, welcome to join. 8)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

Thanks Anders!

But I was referring about Alberts' passion for bicycle, Longjob's hard work dedication for his repair center and so on...

Like Geoffrey said you should give yourself a try, because maybe you already know it, but GB-580 is a competitor of garmin edge 500 which mean that there is no street map. And over all, the way it works is similar to your gps watch. So it's easier and straight forwarder to give good beta tester feedback when you already know Gs-sport product then when you are new to it. Even better if we have some beta tester that own both: gs-sport watch and the garmin device to make comparison.

Here are the accessories.

Ant+ heart rate monitor, wrist watch strap and speed and cadence sensors. That's the reason I am asking you Geoffrey if it wouldn't be more cost effective and simple if you include a speed and cadence combo instead of sending both separately?

For the handlebar mount, the manual said that it can be installed horizontally and vertically but if you mount it horizontally like I did, you will realize that there is no concavity to adapt it to the handle bar. My question is, is it possible to have both concavity in a "cross" shaped form so we can securely mount it in both way?

By the way, on my firmware, the buttons pattern are sometimes inverted when on the horizontal mode. Need more investigation, but you probably know it and already have corrected it in the next firmware.

Here you can see what it looks like on my hairy arm  ;D

And here a size comparison.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:55:02 pm by canadien »

TurboTorben

Hi Canadien,

Regarding your problem with mounting the device horizontally - could that be because the handle mount was intended to be mounted on the stem, when then device should be used horizontally?

Just a thought  :D

Regards TT
GH-625M: F-GGH-2A-1012103_Interval training
GB-580B: F-GGB-2O-1107122

canadien

Hi TT,

Based on the image in the manual, no it is not fixed on the stem, even horizontally.

But was it the idea behind it Geoffrey?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:21:01 am by canadien »

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany

For the handlebar mount, the manual said that it can be installed horizontally and vertically but if you mount it horizontally like I did, you will realize that there is no concavity to adapt it to the handle bar. My question is, is it possible to have both concavity in a "cross" shaped form so we can securely mount it in both way?
Hi Canadien,

the rubber has 2 wholes for mounting horizontally and two other wholes for mounting vertically. Turn the handlebar mount 90 degrees! Have a look!

BTW: You mustnīt be shy - I certainly have GB-580 and GH-625XT also (but no experimental ohter funny front-casings for GH-625XT ;D).

Happy testing

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

AndersBrontosaurus

The testers recruit is not closed yet, welcome to join. 8)

Sincerely,
Geoffrey

Well thank you Geoffrey but as you can see on the photo below I'm no real biker. My 2-geared racer is off course very reliable but I think there are volunteers who will serve the cause better than me. I will though for sure volunteer for betatesting the 625xt. I'm running more and more off trail and it would be intersting to see how the new chip performs.

Thanks Anders!

But I was referring about Alberts' passion for bicycle, Longjob's hard work dedication for his repair center and so on...
i understand that but you do put down a lot of hours and thinking yourself. :-)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:07:23 pm by AndersBrontosaurus »

canadien

Hi Canadien,

the rubber has 2 wholes for mounting horizontally and two other wholes for mounting vertically. Turn the handlebar mount 90 degrees! Have a look!

Hi longjog

It is obviously what I did but I mean the rounded cavity under the mount that will adapt to the handlebar. Try it in both way and you'll see what I mean...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:09:22 am by canadien »

canadien

Well thank you Geoffrey but as you can see on the photo below I'm no real biker.
The photo does not show but to me, on your avatar, you look more like a real farmer  ;D ;D (joke)

One day I will have my own chicken too: egg is one of the only exception in my vegetarian diet and I only eat chicken free eggs but they are so expensive...

AndersBrontosaurus

Well thank you Geoffrey but as you can see on the photo below I'm no real biker.
The photo does not show but to me, on your avatar, you look more like a real farmer  ;D ;D (joke)

One day I will have my own chicken too: egg is one of the only exception in my vegetarian diet and I only eat chicken free eggs but they are so expensive...

Hmmm...I use min.us and the site acts a little strange at the moment. Here is another try...and if you thought i looked like a farmer before I guess it's only a straw between my teeth that are missing now. :-)
Off topic: what do you mean by chickenfree eggs?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:50:45 pm by AndersBrontosaurus »

canadien

I mean soya (toffu) eggs...

No, seriously I meant " in liberty". I think I got this one wrong, hein?

Hmmm...I use min.us and the site acts a little strange at the moment. Here is another try...and if you thought i looked like a farmer before I guess it's only a straw between my teeth that are missing now. :-)

lol... maybe it's getting closer  ;D

Seriously you look really peaceful on this, like coming out from a Bergman color movie.

I think a new Hi-Tech GPS on this bike could make a nice and original contrast ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:46:07 pm by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

No, seriously I meant " in liberty". I think I got this one wrong, hein?
Aye!
Well our eggs are on the contrary chickenrich. Valentino, our great rooster makes sure he "gives courtesy" to all the hens everyday but he's always dancing for them first.  :)

Seriously you look really pacific on this, like coming out from a Bergman color movie.

I think a new Hi-Tech GPS on this bike could make a nice and original contrast ;)
Aye!
And Aye aye again! You're right. It would make a really nice contrast. :-) I barely never bike farther than to the nearest water though. :-)

Best regards
Anders

albert

• this product gives value for money

Hello Canadien,

I am not jealous, you do a lot of work as admin. there for you should get the rewards, and if somebody thus put a question in you can then help them because you know the device.
I am happy I am lucky and may try it, thanks to the team and you all.

I am just back from a holiday and the 18e of July I go to France and hope the bicycle computer arrived, so I can thoroughly test it in the coming 2500 km
I don't like the verification so much, it puts me of to give a comment, to much hassle 

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

canadien

Thanks Albert and I am sure you will really love GB-580 like I do. I would you to tell me what you think of my buttons pattern here after you received your device:

http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3795.msg10125#msg10125

Overall the idea behind it is ok button you go into something (mental idea is positive or going into something narrower) and escape button you get out something (mental idea is division or getting into something more general). Others buttons are neutrals.

This way it is similar to our gs-sport set-up.

Anyway let me know what you think...

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:18:51 pm by canadien »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 18 queries.