USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unboxing the new 2011 GS-Sport GB-580p GPS bike computer from Globalsat  (Read 13878 times)

albert

• this product gives value for money

Hello Canadien,

Aldo I have not got the GB580P jet, I can see the advantage of your idea. But for me it is also very important to switch from navigation to user page quickly, you don't want to press to many buttons while driving down hill with 60 km/h. Best would be to have at least one little screen in navigation where in a loop the most important values are displayed, like speed, hrm, cadence and high. maybe as little as the clock display mentioned in the GH625xt. I like a bit bigger more, but it would be a good start. 

Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

canadien

Loop mode is an incredible idea because right now main functions are bit scattered on the 4 buttons.

Have nice trips!

canadien
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:14:04 pm by canadien »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator

Hello Canadien,

But I was referring about Alberts' passion for bicycle, Longjob's hard work dedication for his repair center and so on...
I am not jealous, you do a lot of work as admin. there for you should get the rewards, and if somebody thus put a question in you can then help them because you know the device.
I am happy I am lucky and may try it, thanks to the team and you all.

I am just back from a holiday and the 18e of July I go to France and hope the bicycle computer arrived, so I can thoroughly test it in the coming 2500 km
I don't like the verification so much, it puts me of to give a comment, to much hassle 

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Do you get information about sample arrangement from Claire? Just a check.
I am happy you can join us and look forward to your valuable comments.
Enjoy your training and summer vacation.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator

Hello Canadien,

Aldo I have not got the GB580P jet, I can see the advantage of your idea. But for me it is also very important to switch from navigation to user page quickly, you don't want to press to many buttons while driving down hill with 60 km/h. Best would be to have at least one little screen in navigation where in a loop the most important values are displayed, like speed, hrm, cadence and high. maybe as little as the clock display mentioned in the GH625xt. I like a bit bigger more, but it would be a good start. 

Regards,

Albert

Hello Albert, Canadian,

Do you auto loop from custom pages? It seems good idea and we may keep as next implementation. ;)
By the way, do you get sample, Albert?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TurboTorben

Hi Canadien,

the rubber has 2 wholes for mounting horizontally and two other wholes for mounting vertically. Turn the handlebar mount 90 degrees! Have a look!

Hi longjog

It is obviously what I did but I mean the rounded cavity under the mount that will adapt to the handlebar. Try it in both way and you'll see what I mean...

Hi Canadien - and others! I think I have figured it out! - The bike mount is a little square piece that consists of a plastic part (the part that holds the device, and a rubber part (that prevents it from slippering on the handlebar). Here comes the trick. These two parts can be seperated - and you can rotate the one of them 90 degrees and then put them together again. In this way - you can mount the device both horizontal and vertical, both on the stem and the handlebar - it's all up to you.

Regards TT
GH-625M: F-GGH-2A-1012103_Interval training
GB-580B: F-GGB-2O-1107122

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator

Hi Canadien,

the rubber has 2 wholes for mounting horizontally and two other wholes for mounting vertically. Turn the handlebar mount 90 degrees! Have a look!

Hi longjog

It is obviously what I did but I mean the rounded cavity under the mount that will adapt to the handlebar. Try it in both way and you'll see what I mean...

Hi Canadien - and others! I think I have figured it out! - The bike mount is a little square piece that consists of a plastic part (the part that holds the device, and a rubber part (that prevents it from slippering on the handlebar). Here comes the trick. These two parts can be seperated - and you can rotate the one of them 90 degrees and then put them together again. In this way - you can mount the device both horizontal and vertical, both on the stem and the handlebar - it's all up to you.

Regards TT

Hi TT

That's right. You can mount the device either horizontal or vertical by rotating the rubber.  ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

Regards TT
Ding! Ding! Ding!...and we have a winner!  ;D

Congratulations Turbo!

I think Geoffrey that this should be add in the manual...

canadien

Do you auto loop from custom pages? It seems good idea and we may keep as next implementation. ;)
Minimally yes. But best would be to offer choice to user. For instance if he want compass he could have it. Same for map mode or else that is not in custom pages. He could also set the speed of the loop rotation. Just an idea.

albert

• this product gives value for money

Hello Geoffrey,
Do you auto loop from custom pages? It seems good idea and we may keep as next implementation.

The best is to have in config page to let user decide if and what has to be in the loop. But it would be very helpful and a big sale item if in navigation could be a data field with the loop option. This option is almost essential for bike riders, sometimes I am looking already to long at the screen or pushing buttons from the GH625, very dangerous.
Second I just got a mail to day that Claire did send the GB580P, I hope it will be arriving before I go next week to France.

Regards,

Albert
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:04:46 pm by albert »
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator

Hello Geoffrey,
Do you auto loop from custom pages? It seems good idea and we may keep as next implementation.

The best is to have in config page to let user decide if and what has to be in the loop. But it would be very helpful and a big sale item if in navigation could be a data field with the loop option. This option is almost essential for bike riders, sometimes I am looking already to long at the screen or pushing buttons from the GH625, very dangerous.
Second I just got a mail to day that Claire did send the GB580P, I hope it will be arriving before I go next week to France.

Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

That's right. I have passed the idea which custom page combines with Map page to design team.
It is doable. Our team will keep this idea for next implementation but it needs to take some time.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 20 queries.