USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Superior Smart Track Back firmware is available now  (Read 8779 times)

Alain51170

• Regular Members
    • MTB and RAID Nature - France -
Re: Superior Smart Track Back firmware is available now
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »

Hello everybody..
Today, was the day to test "Smart Track back" with a long test. (50km but in a complex route into forest (and a lot of mud :-( ..)
Anyway I was using GH625XT and Edge305 in // .. After 10km, I have stopped to look at GH625XT).. :-( and I am back to you with some considerations..
As everybody said here, "smart trackback" is a bit better than "trackback" but not usable yet for me. May be it is the way i want to use.. let me explain :
I am used to download tracks from the web very often to discover new regions, new paths..
1/ So, i don't want to spend time to rework the track.. My need is to transfer and to enjoy it. (I am doing this from years with the OLD Edge 305)
2/ GH625XT DON'T HAVE a "trackback" BUT a "Route back".. Let me explain.. My need (our need?) is to display the track and the current path. NO NEED TO GET DIRECTION OF THE NEXT Waypoint. No need for waypoints. No need for route, just the track displayed + the ongoing path..
I don't know if we need this "route back" but if yes, we need to have every important points (not based on distance but based on "interest".
Anyway, we could have 2 different options. Trackback + Route back..
3/ Yes, i confirm that with 10000 points (recorded with GH625XT), the time to get the route ready is 10 to 15mn..
Everything and e lot of solution was given from several weeks.. I don't know if it is doable.. But, i will wait a solution for a real trackback usable for bike.
Yet, I will use GH625XT for running not biking.. For me, GH625XT is nice, but only for short track/route. So i will keep Edge305 installed on my bike, waiting new soft...?.. :-)

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »

Understood. How about to pop up "Do you want to close Track Back?" if at "REACH GOAL"?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Personally, and I might be opposite as others, but I would shut off map mode without asking any question (too much questions IMO) unless you decided to record your trackback like any other activity, then map mode should be removed when "resetting and saving".

But would like to hear what others think.
I agree with you.

Other option would be reset map mode after swich of watch.

Rookie

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

Hello Alain,

Here is my reaction on your comment.
My need (our need?) is to display the track and the current path. NO NEED TO GET DIRECTION OF THE NEXT Waypoint. No need for waypoints. No need for route, just the track displayed + the ongoing path..
I don't know if we need this "route back" but if yes, we need to have every important points (not based on distance but based on "interest".
Anyway, we could have 2 different options. Trackback + Route back..
I agree with your wish of having the original Track but I don't want to lose the arrow pointer. I will explain why.
If I cycle with 30 km or more the arrow gives me the indication where to go ( all do it is not always right yet) long before the junction. This is important because I can then sign the orders from my club witch way we go, to avoid accidents. Without I would need much more time to study the  path, with a speed above the 30 km it is dangerous.

With regards,

Albert       
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

albert

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 05:53:30 am »

Understood. How about to pop up "Do you want to close Track Back?" if at "REACH GOAL"?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Personally, and I might be opposite as others, but I would shut off map mode without asking any question (too much questions IMO) unless you decided to record your trackback like any other activity, then map mode should be removed when "resetting and saving".

But would like to hear what others think.
I would like to have the map closing automatic if track back thus reach goal, but it should ask if you want to SAVE AND RESET, this is necessary because not always you want to stop simply because the  tracks ends. Example: we drove in France and we did a section of a route (total 4400km) I loaded in a piece but if the weather was good we did more, so SAVE AND RESET was not nice in this case (i am using the GB580P).

With regards,

Albert

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:09:29 pm by canadien »
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

Alain51170

• Regular Members
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 05:10:10 pm »

Hello Albert.. I got your point!
I agree with your wish of having the original Track but I don't want to lose the arrow pointer. I will explain why.
If I cycle with 30 km or more the arrow gives me the indication where to go ( all do it is not always right yet) long before the junction. This is important because I can then sign the orders from my club witch way we go, to avoid accidents. Without I would need much more time to study the  path, with a speed above the 30 km it is dangerous.
In fact, i agree with you.. but, i was not able to figure out how to keep the direction with the external arrow, as too much points to be pointed in case of full track displayed.
I am thinking about 2 different solutions
1/ Display all the track with some arrows on the track as done with Sportrack 3.0 ==> This will be super.. and rge best and easier solution (from my vision :-) )
2/ or as described  previously.. have more waypoints for low scale (20m / 50m.. ) and keep the function as it is..
So.. this is a wish.. 

albert

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 02:20:02 am »

Hello Albert.. I got your point!
In fact, i agree with you.. but, i was not able to figure out how to keep the direction with the external arrow, as too much points to be pointed in case of full track displayed.
I am thinking about 2 different solutions
1/ Display all the track with some arrows on the track as done with Sportrack 3.0 ==> This will be super.. and rge best and easier solution (from my vision :-) )
2/ or as described  previously.. have more waypoints for low scale (20m / 50m.. ) and keep the function as it is..
So.. this is a wish..

Hello Alain,

Please read this thread again the first part this is what I would like.
 http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3960.msg11333#msg11333
Specially the wish of the original track as a picture hooked on a view coordinates (this is technical possible, see oziexplorer with calibrating the map) and on top only the SSTP is the solution, but sometimes you can't have what you want, is it not it?

With regards,

Albert

Alain51170

• Regular Members
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 04:38:41 pm »

Hello Albert.. Double  :)
Sure.. we have exactly the same need.. It looks like a really usable solution..
Additional note : Getting the direction on the track displayed should not be mandatory if the track is oriented to the on going way.. If Go to Begin or Go to End is defined.
I was pointing a similar solution several months ago ..
Please Geoffrey, is this possible?.. It will be a perfect solution..
The watch will be a perfect solution for sport and also hiking.. (light solution to use every tracks found in VTTrack :-) ) .
No need more from my point of view..
Let me know your feeling..
Best regards. Alain
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:37:51 am by Alain51170 »

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 10:31:26 am »

Hi all,

I want to add a suggestion to solve the problem of too long time needed for
SSTB compression. You remember ?

5/ Regarding display of a track when starting trackback : the conversion of a long track (10000 points) take about 15mn.. This is long, but as to be added to the documentation.. (If no way to enhance)..
(@Alain: Did you really mean 15 minutes ?? - If yes, this is really not acceptable !).

Okay - now we know why this time is needed !  It's because of this:

1.  Improve accuracy of SS Track Back:
Due to the complaination of SS track back, the current compression scenario is to:
- To set the max compression points is 200
- Set filter for Dist as 50m, Turn angel as 15 degree
- Compress trace regarding filter
- If total points are over 200, increase Dist 1m,
- Repeat compression until to under 200 points

Have a nice weekend, Geoffrey

When I read this, I had immideately these ideas:
1. Couldn't there be a smarter algorithm, instead of try and error ?
    Repeat several times until result is okay ?  Actually I have no idea,
    but I will think about it !
2. If we keep this algorithm as it is now, it can easily be optimized:
    a) Use a larger distance filter increasing step ! Instead of 1m use 5m or 10m.
        This will fasten the calculation by a factor of 5 or 10.
    b) Use a dynamic distance filter increasing step. Instead of using a fixed
        value like 1m or 5m, make it depend on the number of resulting points.
        So, when a first calculation compresses an original amount of points
        of e.g. 10.000 points to 3.000, it doesn't make much sense to increase
        the distance filter from 50m to 51m. The resulting points will never reach
        the goal of 200.  Because the difference from 3.000 to the final 200 is
        still so big, it would make more sense to try next time with e.g. 100m.

I'm not able to tell more, because I still cannot imagine exactly how the compression
algorithm is working in detail. And furthermore which are the limits (any why)
the algorithm is created for. Maybe if I knew more, I could make more suggstions...

Regards, Hubert

GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 09:28:01 pm »

Hi all,

I want to add a suggestion to solve the problem of too long time needed for
SSTB compression. You remember ?

5/ Regarding display of a track when starting trackback : the conversion of a long track (10000 points) take about 15mn.. This is long, but as to be added to the documentation.. (If no way to enhance)..
(@Alain: Did you really mean 15 minutes ?? - If yes, this is really not acceptable !).

Okay - now we know why this time is needed !  It's because of this:

1.  Improve accuracy of SS Track Back:
Due to the complaination of SS track back, the current compression scenario is to:
- To set the max compression points is 200
- Set filter for Dist as 50m, Turn angel as 15 degree
- Compress trace regarding filter
- If total points are over 200, increase Dist 1m,
- Repeat compression until to under 200 points

Have a nice weekend, Geoffrey

When I read this, I had immideately these ideas:
1. Couldn't there be a smarter algorithm, instead of try and error ?
    Repeat several times until result is okay ?  Actually I have no idea,
    but I will think about it !
2. If we keep this algorithm as it is now, it can easily be optimized:
    a) Use a larger distance filter increasing step ! Instead of 1m use 5m or 10m.
        This will fasten the calculation by a factor of 5 or 10.
    b) Use a dynamic distance filter increasing step. Instead of using a fixed
        value like 1m or 5m, make it depend on the number of resulting points.
        So, when a first calculation compresses an original amount of points
        of e.g. 10.000 points to 3.000, it doesn't make much sense to increase
        the distance filter from 50m to 51m. The resulting points will never reach
        the goal of 200.  Because the difference from 3.000 to the final 200 is
        still so big, it would make more sense to try next time with e.g. 100m.

I'm not able to tell more, because I still cannot imagine exactly how the compression
algorithm is working in detail. And furthermore which are the limits (any why)
the algorithm is created for. Maybe if I knew more, I could make more suggstions...

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for ideas sharing!
We have made done an simulation tool, which be able to the step distance, angle, increasing step...
This is the better way after tried hundreds cases. 8)
For sure, the dynamic step control scenario is: total distance/10km in order to reduce the compression time.
We have tried to increase angel or to used larger step of distance, but it was not perfect. ???
Compression by PC is really fast! Only within 1 second! :o

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2012, 05:13:49 am »

Hi,

last weekend I was in unknown area and I did use the Superior Smart Track Back function the first time.
I used the Firmware 2.02 F-GGH-2P-1201201. I designed the tracks in the internet with runmap.net, exported to kml-file, imported with Training Gym Pro and upped it to the GH-625XT
Distances were 18,4km and 25,6km. Both tests were successful. No missing types in any displays.

Best regards

Longjog.
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 20 queries.