USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625XT samples review  (Read 28073 times)

canadien

Re: GH-625XT samples review
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 06:57:05 am »

I just erase all, but got a feeling that it last longer than my 625 (which is good enough!). I might be approaching 20 hours if not exceed.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 04:32:12 pm »

I think Zingo will love it!

I think it the GH-625XT will be my next favorite. My GH615 is getting old, the battery life is much shorter now, but it's been 3 years so that was expected, it has actually survived about 1,5year longer than I thought and much more bad weather than I was hoping for, I think it almost indestructible. 

I will miss it on the race in the end of this month, but even there the battery life is to short... :).

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 03:35:00 am »

I think Zingo will love it!

I think it the GH-625XT will be my next favorite. My GH615 is getting old, the battery life is much shorter now, but it's been 3 years so that was expected, it has actually survived about 1,5year longer than I thought and much more bad weather than I was hoping for, I think it almost indestructible. 

I will miss it on the race in the end of this month, but even there the battery life is to short... :).

Hi Zingo,

You can ask Brend for the new battery to strength your GH-615.
For GH-625XT sample, I will apply regarding your big contribution. ;)

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 03:42:48 am »

Here you can compare the tracks recorded with GH-625 (left arm), GH-625XT (right arm) and GB-580P (left hand). Maybe the antenna of GB-580 was a little hidden by my hand.
The tracks can switched on / off at the right side.
I did run three rounds.
http://www.gpsies.com/viewTracks.do?fileId=dtsbxvbotiwampmb&fileId=guyepxepvhpzslsv&fileId=itoiarinsdqyoxrb

Result: GH-625XT seems to be the best. The three tracklines of the three rounds are nearest together. But there were only 10 meters difference in total distance (17,45 km). Both watches are good.
The track of GB-580P is not as well, because of hidden antenna.

Best regards

Longjog

Hi Longjog,

Thanks for result providing!
It seems those three devices offered the good performance. Have you run under the bad condition likes jungle?
I also found GH-625XT provides the realize evaluation result compare to GH-625. ;) Perhaps SirFIV with good sensitivity so that has good performance.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 03:43:26 am »

GB-580 altitude is more stable.

How about 625XT?

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 12:18:14 am »

Hi together,

I have tested swimming GH-625XT with different recording-intervalls this weekend. Target was to find out how the accuracy is with the SirF IV-chip. 
First of all: The test was on my own risk. The watch isnīt built for usage while swimmingbecause there is no waterproof! There is no warranty if water comes inside when you are following me and swim with it.

Result of my test: I think with a speed-filter-function it would work better. Iīll announce more details and the recorded tracklines a little later.

Regards

Longjog

http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 01:39:13 pm »

Here comes the screenshots of my swimming-tests:
I did swim crawl stroke on one lane (50 m long) without break for 4 / 5 lanes (200 m / 250 m) the watch wearing on the right wrist.
You can see the watch didnīt loose fix or did get fix back very fast. Only the accuracy is not fine because of the quality of the GPS-signal. This can be solved by the speedfilter which is implemented in GH-505. Now Iīm very curious for testing GH-595 with SirF IV also. 

Recording-Intervall 1s, 200 m

Recording-Intervall 3s, 200 m

Recording-Intervall 10s, 250 m

Recording-Intervall 10s, 2nd test, 200 m

Recording-Intervall 15s, 200 m

Best regards

Longjog
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:50:22 am by Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter »
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

partyman66

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 04:03:13 pm »

Hey LongJog,

What kind of swimming did you do during the duration of your data-logging?  Was it several back and forth laps across the pool in the same lane without you getting out of the pool between laps or at all during the data-logging session?  Did you have the watch on your wrist, or inside a swim cap while swimming?

Longjog: Look above, I modified the posting.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:51:47 am by Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 02:29:03 am »

Hi Longjog,

The testing seems interesting! How was the distance accuracy?
I think to add speed filter will be better, but now the Autumn is coming... :-\
I have pre-offical release firmware on website with many fixed, you may download and update that. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 07:34:45 am »

Okay... so my sample GH-625XT arrived yesterday and unfortunately I will have to
wait until weekend for a first test.  However - I couldn't refrain from unpacking it
and so here are my very first impressions:

1. The watch comes in a really good looking box. The watch itself somehow looks
    better than GH-625. I cannot tell exactly why, because casing is very similar
    maybe even the same. However - for me it looks better.
2. I only switched it on and went trough some menus. So not many results up tp now...
    Menus look very well known from GH-505. Are they any differences ? I don't think so.
    Maybe I should have a more deeper look. Also into the manual (what I didn't do up to now).
3. Buttons feel much better than GH-505. At least when sitting at home on my sofa,
    buttons seems to be perfect. Same btw. for font sizes. Will see more detailed during usage.
4. Most amazing thing was the GPS fix ! I wasn't really interested in it, but after about 1 minute
    I saw, that the GPS fix was there !  After one minute only. After a trip around half the globe.
    And: INDOOR !!  Yes, you are right: Indoor ! And my indoor conditions a really bad. It's even
    hard to use a cell phone. GPS Fix Indoor. Unbelievable !
    If this wasn't just a unforseen event, this is really a milestone. I'm really nervous to see next
    time when starting my training outdoor !
5. Next thing was to charge the battery. My GH-505 never reached the 100% charging status
   (I think there was something wrong with charging logic or software). With GH-625XT it was
   perfect.

So - I have not seen very much of the watch. But what I saw up to now was good, perfect or
even excellent (GPS-Fix). Hope that I can tell more next week.

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

Richard

• Regular Members
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 07:54:40 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I don't see, even in the french manual :D  how to leave the TOD mode after it is activated  :o
the only way is to restart the watch ?  ???

Regards

Richard

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 08:17:39 am »

Hi Geoffrey,

I don't see, even in the french manual :D  how to leave the TOD mode after it is activated  :o
the only way is to restart the watch ?  ???

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sorry for our omit on manual.
You can press DOWN+ PG key to leave.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 08:50:12 am »

Okay... so my sample GH-625XT arrived yesterday and unfortunately I will have to
wait until weekend for a first test.  However - I couldn't refrain from unpacking it
and so here are my very first impressions:

1. The watch comes in a really good looking box. The watch itself somehow looks
    better than GH-625. I cannot tell exactly why, because casing is very similar
    maybe even the same. However - for me it looks better.
2. I only switched it on and went trough some menus. So not many results up tp now...
    Menus look very well known from GH-505. Are they any differences ? I don't think so.
    Maybe I should have a more deeper look. Also into the manual (what I didn't do up to now).
3. Buttons feel much better than GH-505. At least when sitting at home on my sofa,
    buttons seems to be perfect. Same btw. for font sizes. Will see more detailed during usage.
4. Most amazing thing was the GPS fix ! I wasn't really interested in it, but after about 1 minute
    I saw, that the GPS fix was there !  After one minute only. After a trip around half the globe.
    And: INDOOR !!  Yes, you are right: Indoor ! And my indoor conditions a really bad. It's even
    hard to use a cell phone. GPS Fix Indoor. Unbelievable !
    If this wasn't just a unforseen event, this is really a milestone. I'm really nervous to see next
    time when starting my training outdoor !
5. Next thing was to charge the battery. My GH-505 never reached the 100% charging status
   (I think there was something wrong with charging logic or software). With GH-625XT it was
   perfect.

So - I have not seen very much of the watch. But what I saw up to now was good, perfect or
even excellent (GPS-Fix). Hope that I can tell more next week.

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Nice to know you well received sample and your positive feedback. ;)
SirFIV is the milestone on GPS technology and we are working "Superior Track Back" now, you will surprise this. ;)
We also eager your professional comments.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 08:55:44 am »

I copy my own text from Testers wanted thread to here because this is correct place for first impression.
It's funny that me and Hubert picked almost exactly same notifications at first look.

As additional to my previous post, I noticed that on quick start guide there was error on button texts left side of watch picture. Please correct that before mass production.

I GOT IT!  ;D

It comes to my work place and now I have big troubles to focus my real work  ::)

Some quick notice about products before real testing.
1. Watch itself looks good
2. Buttons are much better than GH-505 (buttons dosn't have good pressing feel) or GH-615 (where buttons need too much force to press).
3. Box was really nice even there was that "almost naked man"  ;)
4. GPS fix was very quick even at first start another side of globe. It takes bit over minute at first start and 1-2 sec second start at same place. This is really goog!

and couple things what I wonder
5. When usb cable was connected and watch was on, there was heart rate even HRM belt wasn't weared.
6. In the box was flyer where is mentioned about free Sport tracks software, but current version is not free anymore. There is only very limited free trial available and full version cost 35usd at the moment.

I can start real test later this week, hopefully tomorrow.

Rookie

gerhard

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 05:09:51 pm »

I have been programming more than using it. I have sent many emails to Geoffrey about the com specs.
(Did a marathon this weekend, so I have not been running much but have been biking.)

The GH625XT is great!
I compare the tracks from the 625XT and another fitness device using ST Trails plugin, where I can see the distance difference over time. ( In addition to the other fitness device, I also use my Android phone, will take zingo's 505 some time too (when I have time to sync first).) Will have to set the other device to second recording to be able make better comparisions, but the GH625XT looks better. Trail run tomorrow, better test than biking.

Will write down my comments in a while, will get the SW in a better shape first.
However, one field I miss a lot is to see the GPS Accuracy and number of satellites in fields. That is good to assess why the pace/speed is off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 21 queries.