USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625XT samples review  (Read 23058 times)

Vianney51100

• Regular Members
Re: GH-625XT samples review
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2011, 01:53:58 pm »

Hi Geoffrey,

Good news so far.
Don't worry for translation, just give us the datas and we will do the job.
You did not answer about a full translation of all the watch messages, is it too complex to implement ?

Regards,

Dardard

Hi Darhard

Thanks for kind support.
It is not complicated, it needs to get started until firmware has been finished; since the wording is keeping changed.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Hello everyone,

I'm a recently owner gh-625xt ;D. As the menu in french is not exactly,

I can help to translate the menus in French. ;)

canadien

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:21 am »

Hi Viennay,

No need to do this it's already done (manual and watch menus translation). The only thing left is to put the translation in the watch.

Vianney51100

• Regular Members
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2011, 03:31:20 pm »

Hi Viennay,

No need to do this it's already done (manual and watch menus translation). The only thing left is to put the translation in the watch.

Hi Canadien,
Je proposais seulement d'améliorer certains terme en français, et les termes qui sont encore en anglais dans le menu français de la montre.
Si évidement la traduction des menus français a évolué pour le prochain firmware, il n'y aura rien à faire. ;)

Alain51170

• Regular Members
    • MTB and RAID Nature - France -
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2011, 11:25:36 am »

Hello.. Back in France from 2 weeks in Germany.. and several trails with STB (Smart Track Back / F-GGH-2P-1112021.GHX)
-   :o Was almost ok on main of the tracks for running.. (but my wish is still to get a real full track displayed with some arrow on the track (not an additional arrow pointing next waypoint)
-   :'( But, i got a huge issue on one complex track. When back to begin, i was on the same path as 30mn ago, the direction was no more pointing to the  right direction (begin) but the opposite one. (was going to previous situation (30 mn ago) So, with a GPS, I was not able to know what is the right direction!!!  :'( (reminder i was in the forest, on a new area).
I suppose that the GPS lost the position, and after have locked to the first part of the track.. ??
==> Please could you check this : the watch should retain the last position, even lost.. to be able to continue after loosing position..

- :-\ When the track is displayed, if the track is at the scale area, the scale is erased.. so no way to know the scale. Please re-draw scale info after each display refresh
- Heart rate.. I got some bad measurements running, not with MTB// With MTB the watch is closer the belt.. could be an explanation.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2012, 08:05:26 am »

Hello.. Back in France from 2 weeks in Germany.. and several trails with STB (Smart Track Back / F-GGH-2P-1112021.GHX)
-   :o Was almost ok on main of the tracks for running.. (but my wish is still to get a real full track displayed with some arrow on the track (not an additional arrow pointing next waypoint)
-   :'( But, i got a huge issue on one complex track. When back to begin, i was on the same path as 30mn ago, the direction was no more pointing to the  right direction (begin) but the opposite one. (was going to previous situation (30 mn ago) So, with a GPS, I was not able to know what is the right direction!!!  :'( (reminder i was in the forest, on a new area).
I suppose that the GPS lost the position, and after have locked to the first part of the track.. ??
==> Please could you check this : the watch should retain the last position, even lost.. to be able to continue after loosing position..

- :-\ When the track is displayed, if the track is at the scale area, the scale is erased.. so no way to know the scale. Please re-draw scale info after each display refresh
- Heart rate.. I got some bad measurements running, not with MTB// With MTB the watch is closer the belt.. could be an explanation.

Hi Alain,

May I know the orginal trace and scale? It is not clear for me to know the complicated trace...
Now we have released new firmware to improve the compressed alogrithm with more accurate trace. I am also wondering your feedback.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Alain51170

• Regular Members
    • MTB and RAID Nature - France -
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2012, 09:23:29 am »

Hello Geofrey. i just sent the track via email. Best regards. Alain

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2012, 09:32:51 am »

Hello Geofrey. i just sent the track via email. Best regards. Alain

Thanks, I will check my mail box tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Geoffrey

vajdaz

• Regular Members
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2012, 05:02:18 pm »

Hello,
today was running in the forest, the weather was very bad (it was raining and so on), the worst thing that I was running for about 15minutes until the watch has fixed it's position and for sure the timer was reset :( Now I don't know the exact time I was running... so the watch haven't done it's main job...

Wouldn't it be possible to make timer to continue to run after the GPS is fixed ? This problem I had very often with 625M and I see that I have it with XT... I beg for this to be fixed :) please please please

The same situation when the memory is filled the timer stops running, this happens not very often, but happens, and when happens then you cant hear lots of bad words :) and everybody around me thinks that I'm crazy, so I think it should be fixed. also...

Sincerely,
Vaidas

gerhard

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:51 pm »

Wouldn't it be possible to make timer to continue to run after the GPS is fixed ? This problem I had very often with 625M and I see that I have it with XT... I beg for this to be fixed :) please please please
Thre has been some discussions about it that I do not find now.
This is supposedly handled in the GB-580 and Globals at has considered adding it to 625XT too (in the thread I cannot find). Some info here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1538.msg10502;topicseen#msg10502

canadien

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2012, 07:24:27 pm »

the worst thing that I was running for about 15minutes until the watch has fixed it's position
That's one of the reason I proposed to have a reset combination keys on startup instead of waiting for the system to ask if you want to reset GPS. That way you gives yourself more chances of having a quicker fix.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:20:15 pm by canadien »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »

the worst thing that I was running for about 15minutes until the watch has fixed it's position
That's one of the reason I proposed to have a reset combination keys on startup instead of waiting for the system to ask if you want to reset GPS. That way you gives yourself more chances of having a quicker fix.

Hello Canaiden,

Do you mean to show up the message on startup screen about "RESET GPS"?
I am not sure customer will to know what does it work for? ::)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2012, 10:43:41 pm »

Dear Vadias, Gerhard,

We still keep this improvement as long term since it needs more effort and also impact the software as well.
Now to fix the main issues from customers as priority.

Please don't heasitate to contact me if any ideas,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »

Hello Canaiden,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Not not any message. Just that when turning on on watch we could press two buttons to force reset gps instead of waiting for gps reset message. Faster reset to get faster fix.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:08:24 pm by canadien »

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2012, 12:38:11 am »

Hello Canaiden,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Not not any message. Just that when turning on on watch we could press two buttons to force reset gps instead of waiting for gps reset message. Faster reset to get faster fix.

Dear Canadien,

Thanks for reply.
Perhaps to add one sentence below the page of acquisition of GPS signal; "Press UP + DOWN" for Quick RESET GPS" ;)
Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2012, 12:31:58 pm »

Yes that's a good idea. I will use it for sure.
I would write in small fonts under acquisition: "press up and down to reset GPS now"

And I would explain the rest in the manual:

Under bad condition, resetting GPS can help to have a quicker fix as the watch also reset their ephemerides.

Something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 20 queries.