USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH-625XT samples review  (Read 23070 times)

vajdaz

• Regular Members
Re: GH-625XT samples review
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:36 pm »

Yes that's a good idea. I will use it for sure.
I would write in small fonts under acquisition: "press up and down to reset GPS now"

And I would explain the rest in the manual:

Under bad condition, resetting GPS can help to have a quicker fix as the watch also reset their ephemerides.

Something like that.

I think that would be good idea if it would help to fix GPS faster...

gerhard

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2012, 04:30:19 pm »

Perhaps to add one sentence below the page of acquisition of GPS signal; "Press UP + DOWN" for Quick RESET GPS" ;)
Any ideas?

I suggest just using arrow-down when pressing Power to reset ephemeris.

For the GPS page I want useful information, like GPS Accuracy, no of sats seen etc, not something that is in the manual and just a few experienced users would do.
Additional dialogs are hard to read when exercising, adds to translation etc.

partyman66

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 10:41:20 pm »

A little suggestion that I have about future versions of GlobalSat sports watches would be to include a wrist-strap in the package for the watch which uses Velcro for the adjustments.  Users who prefer the Velcro could then remove the standard wrist straps which use the standard buckle/clasp secure them to the wrist, and they could swap in a Velcro-equipped equivalent of the wrist strap.

Most of my running buddies prefer a Velcro strap because you have a much greater range of adjustment.  I've never had any problems with adjustments of any prior running watches that I've owned, but I have noticed that I have a hard time finding a good adjustment/fitting hole in the wrist strap of the GH-625XT watch that fits my arm perfectly without being too loose or too tight.

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:28 pm »

Low temperature test with 625xt.  ;D

I'm used GH-625xt on every time when I do cross country skiing this year (about 30h so far) and weather was more or less cold. I have had weared watch outer side of jacket sleeve, so it is not covered with anything and it is directly affected to cold outside temperature.

It was working very fine all the time. Today was coldest day and I did 1h 30min training when temperature was -19 degrees Celsius. Only notable thing was, when changed pages, display changed slower than normally. But for example time and hrm was very readable all the time and that little slowness of display refreshing doesn't matter any harm.

So, it seems that this model as well is very suitable for winter sport activities.

Rookie

vajdaz

• Regular Members
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2012, 05:10:50 pm »

Low temperature test with 625xt.  ;D

I'm used GH-625xt on every time when I do cross country skiing this year (about 30h so far) and weather was more or less cold. I have had weared watch outer side of jacket sleeve, so it is not covered with anything and it is directly affected to cold outside temperature.

It was working very fine all the time. Today was coldest day and I did 1h 30min training when temperature was -19 degrees Celsius. Only notable thing was, when changed pages, display changed slower than normally. But for example time and hrm was very readable all the time and that little slowness of display refreshing doesn't matter any harm.

So, it seems that this model as well is very suitable for winter sport activities.

Rookie

I can comfirm that. I had some trainings in -16C and all functions were working properly :)

Vaidas
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 18 queries.