USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New gadget! GH-581  (Read 4504 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
New gadget! GH-581
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:17:28 am »

Dear customers,

Here is the new coming gadget, GH-581, wrist training device which with GPS starIII, 2.4GANT and pressure sensor.
Here is the first look,

Any idea? ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
Re: New gadget! GH-581
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:01 am »

Hi Geoffrey !

Surprise, surprise !  I didn't know, that you are working on a new model like that.
Or - wait a moment - is this the "new 505" ?  No, this was called different, wasn't it ?
I'm a little bit confused.

Mostly I need to understand the reason for this new model. What is the advantage ?
The only thing I found in your description is the pressure sensor. I know, this is useful
for some people. Is there anything else ?

My basic question is: What is the reason, why customers should buy this ?
And not one of the other models ?  At this moment I cannot see...
Maybe I need more information.

The only thing, I can see right now, is the design.
And - I'm sorry to say - but the four screws a the corners are nor looking very
professional. Just my opinion...

Maybe you can tell us some more details !

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:25:19 am »

Hi Geoffrey !

Surprise, surprise !  I didn't know, that you are working on a new model like that.
Or - wait a moment - is this the "new 505" ?  No, this was called different, wasn't it ?
I'm a little bit confused.

Mostly I need to understand the reason for this new model. What is the advantage ?
The only thing I found in your description is the pressure sensor. I know, this is useful
for some people. Is there anything else ?

My basic question is: What is the reason, why customers should buy this ?
And not one of the other models ?  At this moment I cannot see...
Maybe I need more information.

The only thing, I can see right now, is the design.
And - I'm sorry to say - but the four screws a the corners are nor looking very
professional. Just my opinion...

Maybe you can tell us some more details !

Regards, Hubert

Hi Hubert,

New training partner, GH-581. ;)
The features are:
- GPS sirfIII
- 2.4G ANT for HRM
- Large display (128*128)
- Barometer inside
- Virtual Partner
- Invertal Training
- Smart Track Back

The four screw can be instead by decorated screw. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 12:35:28 pm »

Me I like it. However I see you guys seem to invest a lot to personalize every devices casing, but not screen. It is like you put the same square screen on every device. I think you should alter slightly screen and typo to give personality to every device instead of always having the same "face". My brother which is a good graphist designer at Radio-Canada (national antenna) told me that typo help to gives personality. Without using weirdo fonts we could use slightly different fonts for every device. Same for screen cover form pattern. When you look at other company all their models are different. Maybe we should do the same to complete your original casing design.

And like Hubert, my first reaction was to whom it is design for? It is alpinists?

Having a specific target help the reflection when giving the personality to the device (casing, screen, typo and, of course, functions/features).

But I do like the casing.

canadien
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:47:37 pm by canadien »

jervanheg

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:11:04 pm »

Me I like it. However I see you guys seem to invest a lot to personalize every devices casing, but not screen. It is like you put the same square screen on every device. I think you should alter slightly screen and typo to give personality to every device instead of always having the same "face". My brother which is a good graphist designer at Radio-Canada (national antenna) told me that typo help to gives personality. Without using weirdo fonts we could use slightly different fonts for every device. Same for screen cover form pattern. When you look at other company there all different. Maybe we should do the same to complete your original casing design.

And like Hubert, my first reaction was to whom it is design for? It is alpinists?

Having a specific target help the reflection when giving the personality to the device (casing, screen and typo).

canadien

I will second that! It's very hard to differentiate your products if the actual UI remains the same. Same fonts, same icons, people think: whats the difference?
I would even say more: it's possible to differentiate ONLY on the screen (resolution, backlighting, size).

And I would also like to back up the coment on the Font design, the layout, the general UI design. Working for an Asian company myself, I am all too aware about how much difference this makes. I can spot an "Asia-originated" email message without even reading the content from 10 meters away, simply by looking at the layout/fonts used etc. You may underestimate the impact of this - a beautiful layout is more of a critical sales factor than you may imagine. Please do hire a graphics guy, and.... don't let engineers anywhere NEAR the design of the UI.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 04:38:33 pm »

As always i enjoy a big display when I see one. But like others say, the rest looks strange and who are the planned customers?. And buttons on top and under?

Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 09:08:07 am »

Me I like it. However I see you guys seem to invest a lot to personalize every devices casing, but not screen. It is like you put the same square screen on every device. I think you should alter slightly screen and typo to give personality to every device instead of always having the same "face". My brother which is a good graphist designer at Radio-Canada (national antenna) told me that typo help to gives personality. Without using weirdo fonts we could use slightly different fonts for every device. Same for screen cover form pattern. When you look at other company all their models are different. Maybe we should do the same to complete your original casing design.

Having a specific target help the reflection when giving the personality to the device (casing, screen, typo and, of course, functions/features).

canadien

Hi Canadian, Hubert,

It is much better if your brother provides comesitc idea to beautify products. ;) The gadget is proposed for runners who need more accurate information as well as weather forecast to against the annoying from bad weather. ;)

We also plan to create more innoviated features and interact to make more practice and interesting.
Our GPS wrist training devices family tree is:
GH-601 (EOL) > GH-615 > GH-625 > GH-505 > GH-581 > GH-595. ;)

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:13:06 am »

As always i enjoy a big display when I see one. But like others say, the rest looks strange and who are the planned customers?. And buttons on top and under?

Anders

Hi Anders,

Regarding to our marketing research, simplify, easy to use and low price,  are most important.
We also put pressure sensor into which consider the altitude inaccuracy of GPS limition.
So our orginal propose is make more customers are able to enjoy GPS technology without high doorsill. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 09:16:44 am »

Me I like it. However I see you guys seem to invest a lot to personalize every devices casing, but not screen. It is like you put the same square screen on every device. I think you should alter slightly screen and typo to give personality to every device instead of always having the same "face". My brother which is a good graphist designer at Radio-Canada (national antenna) told me that typo help to gives personality. Without using weirdo fonts we could use slightly different fonts for every device. Same for screen cover form pattern. When you look at other company there all different. Maybe we should do the same to complete your original casing design.

Having a specific target help the reflection when giving the personality to the device (casing, screen and typo).

canadien

I will second that! It's very hard to differentiate your products if the actual UI remains the same. Same fonts, same icons, people think: whats the difference?
I would even say more: it's possible to differentiate ONLY on the screen (resolution, backlighting, size).

And I would also like to back up the coment on the Font design, the layout, the general UI design. Working for an Asian company myself, I am all too aware about how much difference this makes. I can spot an "Asia-originated" email message without even reading the content from 10 meters away, simply by looking at the layout/fonts used etc. You may underestimate the impact of this - a beautiful layout is more of a critical sales factor than you may imagine. Please do hire a graphics guy, and.... don't let engineers anywhere NEAR the design of the UI.

Dear customer,

Thanks for suggestion. Total agree the point of view.
We will be toward the direction to make our product more perfect.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 05:12:13 pm »

Quote from: TWG_TECH4
It is much better if your brother provides comesitc idea to beautify products. ;) The gadget is proposed for runners who need more accurate information as well as weather forecast to against the annoying from bad weather.
I once asked him to help designing the watch. I tought he would liked it because he is a dedicated swimmer, but he told me that even if the project is interesting, he gave so many free time to have the post he has today that now he will only work for money... :-(

As for the family name watches, I wonder if it would be better to give them name instead of only number. It would then be easier to remember, distinguish, personalize and marketing them...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:14:41 am by canadien »

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 06:16:03 pm »

Hi seems that GH-581 is a modified GH-580 don't know what the differences are, just no cycling stuff??

Maybe I'd like it, I think large display is interesting, buttons seems akward placed, but might work, its big, will it have realy good batterylife?
The screws and the shape, it's not the nice'est of your design, smothen the edges or use a more GH-580-like look is what I think.

Code: [Select]
GH-601 (EOL) > GH-615 > GH-625 > GH-505 > GH-581 > GH-595

From the outside it looks more like:

Code: [Select]
GH-601 (EOL) > GH-615 > GH-625 > GH-625XT            (cheap)
                                        \---- GH-505 > GH-595     (pro)
                                                      |---- GH-581     (big) (a GH-505 sw in a GH-580 formfactor, mega batterylife?)
------------------------------------------GH-580                (bycycle brands)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 05:44:02 am »

Hi Zingo,

Our designer has designed the fake screw to instead metal ones.
The battery life is as longer as GB-580 due this is GB-580 hardware inside. And we plan it used for personal training application, therefore more training features will be added in.
What component is more important, barometer or e-compass?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TurboTorben

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 07:36:24 am »

Hi Zingo,

The battery life is as longer as GB-580 due this is GB-580 hardware inside. And we plan it used for personal training application, therefore more training features will be added in.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

For the use of the GB-580 as a training device I would prefer the barometer, to give a precise height measurement. In my opinion the e-compass is a navigation instrument and I don't have the need for this when I'm training.

Regards
TT
GH-625M: F-GGH-2A-1012103_Interval training
GB-580B: F-GGB-2O-1107122

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »

Hi Zingo,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

For the use of the GB-580 as a training device I would prefer the barometer, to give a precise height measurement. In my opinion the e-compass is a navigation instrument and I don't have the need for this when I'm training.

Regards
TT

Hi TT,

Thanks for advise.
We also prefer barometer.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Dardard

• Regular Members
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:31 am »

Hi,

It should be a new cool toy !
In my opinion, the fake screw could stay, but they must be moved inside the watch body but not external (a bit like Timex watches). Actually it looks to much like a bike computer and not a running/hiking watch.

I really like the addition of the barometer to improve height accuracy.
For me, there is enough inside, but if you want this product to be used by people who need weather forecast information, it seem that you target people doing moutain rides.
In this case weather tendancy is very important, but also as the speed during climbing or hiking is not very fast, the e-compass is a must to find you route.
Both barometer and e-compass should be present in this product.
As it is done in the Keymaze 700 (an improved GH-615 distributed by Decathlon) the e-compass should only be active when there is no speed, in order to save battery life.
As the watch body seem large enough, and as there is not to much waterproofing need because of the barometer, what about adding a slot for µSD card to store datas instead of using the watch's controler memory, for extra storage or long trail at  1 position/second + height & pressure ?

When will it be released ? I want one !

Best regards,

Dardard
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:41:22 am by Dardard »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 19 queries.