USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New gadget! GH-581  (Read 4880 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: New gadget! GH-581
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 03:05:02 pm »

Add a stepcounter to it as well!

Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 12:43:40 am »

Hi,

It should be a new cool toy !
In my opinion, the fake screw could stay, but they must be moved inside the watch body but not external (a bit like Timex watches). Actually it looks to much like a bike computer and not a running/hiking watch.

I really like the addition of the barometer to improve height accuracy.
For me, there is enough inside, but if you want this product to be used by people who need weather forecast information, it seem that you target people doing moutain rides.
In this case weather tendancy is very important, but also as the speed during climbing or hiking is not very fast, the e-compass is a must to find you route.
Both barometer and e-compass should be present in this product.
As it is done in the Keymaze 700 (an improved GH-615 distributed by Decathlon) the e-compass should only be active when there is no speed, in order to save battery life.
As the watch body seem large enough, and as there is not to much waterproofing need because of the barometer, what about adding a slot for µSD card to store datas instead of using the watch's controler memory, for extra storage or long trail at  1 position/second + height & pressure ?

When will it be released ? I want one !

Best regards,

Dardard

Hello Dardard,

We have moved the screw to back and instead of fake screw. ;)
It is possible to 5 ATM waterproof and currently plan is IPX7. No concern on barometer adding.
Maybe we shouldn't treat it as watch; just a training device.  ;)
However, to add memory slot will affect waterproof, 5ATM is not possible to achieve. Or we can put bigger memory inside? ;)

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 03:17:53 am »

I like the idea of treating it as a trainingdevice instead of a cool everydaywatch. I assume sirf3 is for keeping the price down as the old chip is accurate enough.  Interesting with the barometer. Still don't understand why the buttons are placed so strange if you want it to be easy to operate but maybe it's obvious when you wear it. Why is there no GS-logo?  ???

Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 05:09:05 am »

I like the idea of treating it as a trainingdevice instead of a cool everydaywatch. I assume sirf3 is for keeping the price down as the old chip is accurate enough.  Interesting with the barometer. Still don't understand why the buttons are placed so strange if you want it to be easy to operate but maybe it's obvious when you wear it. Why is there no GS-logo?  ???

Anders

Hi Anders,

It is under concept stage. More suggestions on printing and user interface are welcome.
I am wondering the idea of buttons placement. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 20 queries.