USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea! GB-585P  (Read 3115 times)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Idea! GB-585P
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:53:20 am »

Dear folks!

Here comes the brother of GB-580P, GB-585P.

Any idea or expectancy of features?  ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

canadien

Re: Idea! GB-585P
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:23:52 am »

mmm... I suppose SSIV and a little more waterproof for multisports uses?

jervanheg

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »

Big buttons = nice!(providing the sweet spot is spread across the surface, ie. Not limited to one precise spot in the middel of the button)

I'm a bit confused with the question though. Since the mockup seems to indicate that hardware design is already decided upon, there's only minor differences possible such as barometer, software...it becomes confusion for the buyer as to why such minor differences warrant a different model.

My suggestion would be, if you wish to build a diverse portfolio of products, to differentiate more on other factors (hardware) - example a larger, higher-resolution screen. Or, why not, a devise that is built for both bike and running, so with both a solid steering bar connector AND a good wristband.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »

This one is proposed to professional cyclist. ;) Perhaps touch panel. ;)

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:04 pm »

This one is proposed to professional cyclist. ;) Perhaps touch panel. ;)

Perhaps exclusive for specified territory with special promotion.
Or with superior functions like touch panel or bigger display.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TurboTorben

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 02:39:40 am »

Big buttons = nice!(providing the sweet spot is spread across the surface, ie. Not limited to one precise spot in the middel of the button)

Jep - I certainly agree ;)

I'm a bit confused with the question though. Since the mockup seems to indicate that hardware design is already decided upon, there's only minor differences possible such as barometer, software...it becomes confusion for the buyer as to why such minor differences warrant a different model.
Also my thought! To me it looks like you're putting almost the same device in some different houses. These general purpose devices could be okay to the wide consumer market - but if you wan't to make devices for serious training, it is important that the devices are focused on the sports they are made for. There are enough general purpose devices on the market already (example: The small buttons of GB 580 is making it frustrating to me when I mountainbike. If the GB 580 was dedicated to mountainbiking it should be contained in a casing of aluminium and with buttons large enough that they could be operated with gloves). Another way to stand out from the other vendors - would be that you could buy a basic device for biking, running, skiing, or whatever - and then later could supply that with extra hardware options. In this way the customer could buy the devices that supports exactly his/her needs. I don't know if its possible - but think about this sample. A basic biking device with ANT+ support, where you could by a HRM option, Barometer option, Cadence option, Speed Option, Solar power panel option for long distance riders and so on...

My suggestion would be, if you wish to build a diverse portfolio of products, to differentiate more on other factors (hardware) - example a larger, higher-resolution screen. Or, why not, a devise that is built for both bike and running, so with both a solid steering bar connector AND a good wristband.
And how about remote control for handlebar. How about real maps. How about colour-screen. How about true waterproof so that it can be used for triathlon. How about bluetooth for wireles communication to computer or smartphone.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:47:58 pm by TurboTorben »
GH-625M: F-GGH-2A-1012103_Interval training
GB-580B: F-GGB-2O-1107122

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 09:09:43 am »

And how about remote control for handlebar. How about real maps. How about colour-screen. How about true waterproof so that it can be used for triathlon. How about bluetooth for wireles communication to computer or smartphone.
Good suggestions !  I would like them all !

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 11:53:48 pm »

Jep - I certainly agree ;)

Also my thought! To me it looks like you're putting almost the same device in some different houses. These general purpose devices could be okay to the wide consumer market - but if you wan't to make devices for serious training, it is important that the devices are focused on the sports they are made for. There are enough general purpose devices on the market already (example: The small buttons of GB 580 is making it frustrating to me when I mountainbike. If the GB 580 was dedicated to mountainbiking it should be contained in a casing of aluminium and with buttons large enough that they could be operated with gloves). Another way to stand out from the other vendors - would be that you could buy a basic device for biking, running, skiing, or whatever - and then later could supply that with extra hardware options. In this way the customer could buy the devices that supports exactly his/her needs. I don't know if its possible - but think about this sample. A basic biking device with ANT+ support, where you could by a HRM option, Barometer option, Cadence option, Speed Option, Solar power panel option for long distance riders and so on...

Hi TT, Hubert,

The sporting season is coming, our team is getting more busy.  8)
For GB-585, our marketing strategy is to expend the market quickly with different designs upon territory. The insider circuit would be similar, we try to customize the cosmetic and user interface to fit in customers' demand.

For colorful device with map, yes, we have done the demo board. It engages several sensors likes WiFi, Camera, Bluetooth, Gyro, barometer, compass. We are seeking customers who are interesting now. ;)

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 03:23:11 am »

Ok. I'm the pessimistic one as usual...what would the price on such a nice device be?
Smartphones are getting cheaper and cheaper and containing all those things already? Nokia offers free maps and applications that does most of these things and Iphone is coming with a cheap version in a few weeks...
Sorry, I don't want to kill enthusiasm, I just wonder if there is a market.

Best regards
Anders

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 04:55:40 am »

Ok. I'm the pessimistic one as usual...what would the price on such a nice device be?
Smartphones are getting cheaper and cheaper and containing all those things already? Nokia offers free maps and applications that does most of these things and Iphone is coming with a cheap version in a few weeks...

Best regards
Anders

Hi Anders,

Do you aim at colorful device?
There are still market interesting the strong design which be able to bear raining, shock as well as long battery life.
These devices marketing price usually is 349-499 USD.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TurboTorben

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 05:39:44 am »

Hi guys,

We have often discussed the amount of information in the display, and the frequence of updating info etc. How about offloading the display - and get som off the info through a wireless earplug? For instance you could get the speed every minute, your time for the last kilometer you have been ring, or directions while using track back function - or whatever. This would be more safe while riding -since you don't need to remove your eyes from the track.

Of course the earplug should be a type suitable for training, and it should be possible to configure which information you would like, and if it should be given with a configurable interval, or only when a preset value is reached.

What do you think of this idea?

Regards
TT
GH-625M: F-GGH-2A-1012103_Interval training
GB-580B: F-GGB-2O-1107122

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 04:50:10 am »

Best regards
Anders

Hi.
No i don't aim for colourfulness. I was just wondering if there is a market since most smartphones can do all these things already and most people have or are buying smartphones so my question is why they should need this device.
And since you say that you know there is a market you have answered my question.  :)

//Anders

Hi Anders,

Do you aim at colorful device?
There are still market interesting the strong design which be able to bear raining, shock as well as long battery life.
These devices marketing price usually is 349-499 USD.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 18 queries.