USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is sports training gym really needed?  (Read 1772 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

Is sports training gym really needed?
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:43:09 pm »

I know. It soumds rude but I still want to raise the question.
Sports training gym is not performing very well and I have read in other threads that Globalsat have very many different things going on at the same time and quite a hard time finding time to work on all the products. Therefore I wonder, have you considered making a deal with Sporttracks (or trainingpeaks or other...) to be able to offer a full license with the watch rather than working on sportstraining gym? Off course every company wants to have their own software and be independent rather than having to rely on partnerships that suddenly can change through the years but I would say that Sports training gym is not what attracts customers. Rather the opposite. I wonder if giving up developing ST gym would give you more manpower to develop the firmware and the watches? Myself, I still update sports training gym but the only thing I really use it for is firmwareupgrade of the watch.

I might be completely wrong on this but I felt it would be interesting to see what others think of the matter since this have been on my mind for quite a while.

Best regards
Anders

canadien

Re: Is sports training gym really needed?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:18:05 pm »

I must admit it seems that the emphasis is more on hardware than software. But TGP had very good improvments in their last updates. I like it more and more. The thing is that they are creating new functions on their devices which have their penchant in the software. I.e. controlling the device, creating intervales or routes, setting the system, etc.

I am confident that with our feedback TGP will become a must have for all gs-sport user because more adapted to their devices. But one must admit that it might still take some more time to tune it to the top!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:24:15 pm by canadien »

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:25:50 am »

I agree both of you.

I have expierences of usage of ST and it is wonderfull software for training diary. But it would need more GS defined options in it to fully replace TGP, eg multisport support.

But definatelly we also need kind of cofiguration tool which allow modify settings of device and upgrade firmware etc...

If this all could be implemented in one software like ST, it would be bull's-eye.

I don't know, if this configuration tool part could be as addin for ST. Is it technically possible?

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:47:35 am »

Personally I don't think we can get all this in a ST plugin...

But maybe I am wrong. Maybe Phil and Zingo could share their point of view on that.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 05:09:44 am »

I think you can do most of the stuff as SportTracks plugins then the developers at Globalsat will make plugin instead of thire own tool. If you make the plugin opensource we will also try to help you.

If this is a better idea then the current plan I don't know since I don't use training gym myself as it's not available for Linux. My personal opinion is that its a good idea for that reason I can make it run under Linux (somewhat hackish but still better than not being able to). Maybe Apple computer might work also.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »

Thanks for all valuable comments.
Training Gym Pro is important to implement more ideas for customers at this moment, and we are seeking more third party partners to make products more compatible. If without our own software, it is difficult to simulate more features and scenarios for customers.

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey

tmallgolf

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:44:06 am »

Training gym must to be modernised and updated according to  demand and current scenario there will be more  updated trainers available for them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:27:18 am by USG_TECH10 »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 11:54:07 am »

Hello All,

With regards to Training Gym Pro, please refer to this forum posting: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4257.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 20 queries.