USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Current features and wishlist handling  (Read 2708 times)

Rookie

• Global Moderator
Current features and wishlist handling
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:49:24 pm »

I have idea how to improve knowledge of status of current features and wishlist for every products. Now you have to basically read everything from this forum to get picture of status of each product. There is lot of discussion about good ideas to improve products but nobody don't know excact status of them without reading every new posts on forum.

My idea is publish one sticky and locked thread for every product and located it on top of correct product thread. This can be named for example "Features of GH-625xt" a.s.o.

This thread would be modified only by GS people and should include at least following details.
  • Latest firmware version
    List of current features
    List of features which are wished by us and what is status of them. Status could be for example: 1 On process - implemented on next firmware, 2 Under investigation, 3 not possible in this product

This would give us very clear picture what is already wished and when we can exept to get them ready.

What you think, could this be possible?

Rookie

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Current features and wishlist handling
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:38 am »

Good idea.
It would also be nice to in the future make separate posts about all ideas users come up with (1 idea per thread)  rather than stacking them on top of each other in threads up to 10-15 pages containing all various kinds of ideas and suggestions. This will make it easier to comment on each idea (and to find it again later). It will also minimize the risk of good ideas getting drown among all other good ideas.   :)

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:11 am »

Good idea.
It would also be nice to in the future make separate posts about all ideas users come up with (1 idea per thread)  rather than stacking them on top of each other in threads up to 10-15 pages containing all various kinds of ideas and suggestions. This will make it easier to comment on each idea (and to find it again later). It will also minimize the risk of good ideas getting drown among all other good ideas.   :)
I agree.
But this is something what we all should take care by ourselves as writers of forum. Maybe it would be good to add rules of forum.

Rookie

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:31:13 am »

Hi all,

@Rookie: I agree to your idea of a feature list. I have tried to do this once in very early times
where there was only GH625 (same for GH615). But in the meantime I'm also almost lost in all
the different versions. The only problem I see, that is has be maintained by GlobalSat and
I'm not sure, if there is capacity enough to do this.

@Anders: I also agree to your suggestion of separate post for each idea. However - I'm afraid,
we all are not consistent enough to do this. And btw.: Anders, you are a funny guy.  ;)
Your are suggesting separate threads for different ideas and you are the first to put your new
idea here together with the original one. ;)   Perhaps everybody can try to take more care about
separating different ideas, problems and others. I myself promise for future posts to think about it,
because I know, that I also tend to tell more than one issue in a single post.

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:00:24 am »

The only problem I see, that is has be maintained by GlobalSat and
I'm not sure, if there is capacity enough to do this.

Regards, Hubert
I'm sure that GS have to do this already for they own purpose. Now they only have to copy it to public forum (and remove their funny comments of us before ;-)   )

But if situation is truly so bad that GS don't have done this already, now they have to start. It would be helpful for everybody.

Rookie

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 02:36:35 am »

Geoffrey,
What you think, should we take this in use now when we have new models (GP-580 and GH-625xt) under testing and developing again.

This would make situation more cleare to see where we are going with wishes and which of them are in production (or in future comming to production).

Topic should be sticky, top of each product thread and updated by GS only.

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:14:13 am »

ehhh I don,t understand ?????? this is what I did with my gb-580 sticky thread. When feature is done I put them in blue but there was no firmware update since.

BTW it is taking some time to resume everyone's idea under the same thread.

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 03:33:59 pm »

Actually I mean separate sticky thread where is write access only GS (and perhaps moderators) to update list. No posibility to add any new posts to thread, only updating current "master list" where features would be split by status like below:
1. Implemented features (and latest firmware version number where these features are available)
2. Proposed and approved features which is comming futher firmware versions
3. Proposed features which is not approved yet, but is under investigation
4. Propoced features which is not applicable or some way impossible to implement

Now list was begining of "old thread" and I usually start reading from latest updated posts, so I never saw this before. If there would be sticky thread top of model section and named it something like "GH-625xt current and proposed features"

This way you can quickly check if your (great) idea is already proposed and what is status of it. Maybe that idea is impossible to implement but you just don't know it.

Your list was good, but it was hidden for me. As you mentioned, it take time to collect every idea to list, but after ones list is done, it should be pretty easy to keep up to date. If there will be some idea missing, I think proposal of idea keep loud of it until it is on list.

I hope that this clarify my point now.

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »

Hi Rook,

It's a good idea but one TaiwanTECH will have to help moderator to feed this thread by telling us where they are with the firmware work, what we can expect in the next release, etc.

I am afraid it can't be Geoffrey cause I think he is ultra busy and daily forum update take too much time for him. Could it be George the new tech?

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 02:53:36 am »

Dear all,

The idea is good for tracing and make everyone knows the any good ideas provided.
Since the sport peak season was coming, we are getting much busy. George is occupied by ODM projects now, so I still to be the right person. ;)
We usually to do this with ODM customers, almost over hundreds items to trace. :o

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:15:10 am »

Hi!

I have to say that it's really nice to come back after a month off seeing such activity on the forum.
Also interesting to see how we the users almost consider us as part of the design- and codingcrew. :-)  Not every company has this. Time to go open source soon. :-)

Rookie are you thinking about something like this?
Timeline, open bugs etc....

https://launchpad.net/docky

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 12:30:47 am »

Hi!

I have to say that it's really nice to come back after a month off seeing such activity on the forum.
Also interesting to see how we the users almost consider us as part of the design- and codingcrew. :-)  Not every company has this. Time to go open source soon. :-)

Hi Anders,

Open source and timeline management platform looks very interesting.
There are some topics need to check:
1. How to protect I.P against competitors;
2. The authorization scenario for members only to developpment
3. The fee of development and supervisor to monitor.

BTW, is LaunchPad free?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 05:43:47 pm »

Hi!

I would be happy if current status, wishlist and plans with them would be visible somewhere. But yes, that launchpad would be more than I imagine  :)

Rookie

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 11:15:40 pm »

Hi!

I would be happy if current status, wishlist and plans with them would be visible somewhere. But yes, that launchpad would be more than I imagine  :)

Rookie

Hi Rookie,

I am happy to do. ;)
At this moment, I am almost occupied by the new products planning and firmware improvement. ;)
We are going to toward these ideas:
- Mono color hanhdeld device with navigation and lower price;
- Sailing application
- Ultra low power training watch

Any ideas are welcome to let me know,

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 05:45:19 am »

Hi!

Hi Anders,

Open source and timeline management platform looks very interesting.
There are some topics need to check:
1. How to protect I.P against competitors;
2. The authorization scenario for members only to developpment
3. The fee of development and supervisor to monitor.

BTW, is LaunchPad free?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey.
Sorry for the late reply.
I assume launcgpad is for free. At least it is for opensourceprojects but my guess is that it's free  for everybody to use.
When it comes to protecting intellectual property I don't really support that. I do understand that there is a problem with using ideas that others have invested money and time on. i also understand the problem about being a smaller company constantly having ideas taken by bigger brands which have the power to invest in commercials which makes it difficult to stand out when you are a small actor. I think the solution is to just stay on top of them anyway. Staying open generates good atmosphere and good people like the ones here on the forum - for free.

da Vinci is told to have said: First you invent something- then others copy it. Then you invent something new, and it's the "something new" that matters.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 19 queries.