USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SportTracks plugin: Globalsat-Waypoints  (Read 3546 times)

gerhard

SportTracks plugin: Globalsat-Waypoints
« on: October 04, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »

Package available here:
https://bitbucket.org/zingo/sporttracks_globalsat_plugin/downloads/GlobalsatWaypointsPlugin-0.5.65.st3plugin

Initial release of the Globalsat-Waypoints plugin for Sport Tracks 3.
This is a port of Phil's SportTracks 2 "Keymaze" plugin with some additions.
zingo started the development, I joined after zingo loaned me his GH-505 in the middle of a race.
The plugin source is available under LGPL, available here:
https://bitbucket.org/zingo/sporttracks_globalsat_plugin/wiki/Home
Enhancements and patches are welcome.

The release is not final, there are some pending changes before the
plugin can be added to the SportTracks plugin catalog.
Documentation is also pending the updates.

Features:
 * Add and edit Waypoints on the map. Use the Waypoints activity page
(the waypoints are not related to the activity, this is required to
get map with SportTracks). Waypoints can be dragged on the map. In
addition to read/write/delete Globalsat waypoints, the plugin can
read/write waypoints to GPX files.
 * Edit menu: Reduce number of points for a track (to use for Route
for instance)
 * Export menu: Export activity as Route to Globalsat, Export as
activity to Globalsat
 * Settings-Plugins-Globalsat: Screenshot from device
 * Settings-Plugins-Globalsat: Read/save configuration in device

Future:
The Globalsat HW features should be merged with the Globalsat Import
plugin from ZoneFiveSoftware. It will also be possible to use Globalsat waypoints and routes from other plugins.
For instance has ST user old_man_biking made a very nice
Waypoints&Courses plugin, pending on interest he may add Globalsat
support.
ZoneFiveSoftware has initially agreed to merge functionality, we are
waiting for latest source and commit rights before this can be done.
The reminder of the Globalsat-Waypoints plugin should be renamed to
Waypoints plugin when this is done.

Translation:
If you are interested in seeing the plugin in your language, the file
to translate is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmDrrmbKUIZBdFhWRGpaZ05OenBSQ0dCUWtsRFdmblE
PM zingo or gerhard for write access.

Rookie

• Global Moderator
Re: SportTracks plugin: Globalsat-Waypoints
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:12 am »

Very nice features. I installed it and take better look later.
I hope you have interest in future as well to focus it and make it even better.

I can do Finnish translation to it. How I can contact you?

Rookie

gerhard

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:12:38 am »

My first post got a little long and I would like to clarify that Phil deserves most of the praise for the plugin. The ST2 plugin is a hidden gem.
Also. zingo put down considerable work on the plugin. I would probably not have been involved if he had not loaned his 505 to me (he offered to run backward in a race then...)

I can do Finnish translation to it. How I can contact you?

PM me or zingo with your email address, to get write access to the spreadsheet.
Then it is just to make the translation, maybe notify me or zingo (there is no notification at updates).
More instructions and links to more plugins here:
http://code.google.com/p/gps-running/wiki/Translations

JeroenVanOmme

• Regular Members
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:27 am »

Version 0.1 of the Dutch translation is ready. Feel free to correct/comment/flame  8)

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:37:43 am »

Finnish translations are also done and sent by email to Zingo's email (I was unpatient to wait write access  :P )

But for future needs regarding Finnish translations, access rights would be nice to have.

Rookie

gerhard

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 06:04:30 pm »

Uploaded new version, mostly for translators to view the outcome of translations.
There is some 625XT support too: Read/delete waypoints from the device and get screenshot. Write waypoint/rout/activity does not work.
(The com specs are incomplete and I have failed guessing so far, still waiting for Globalsat.)

You must have the Globalsat device plugin to see the Globalsat "waypoints" line. This is a preparation to mo move the waypoint functionality to the device plugin instead.

jlp_ng

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 02:23:33 pm »

Hello Gerhard,
Started to use the utility, very good one !!!

'This feature doesn't work for me:  Waypoints can be dragged on the map

Could you please explain how to do this ?

Thanks
Alex

gerhard

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »

Hello Gerhard,

Thanks
Alex
I should say that Zingo is elemental in the conversion of Phil's plugin, I joined to complete the conversion.

To move waypoints on the map you need to see the map area. ST requires that one or several activities are selected to do this.
When adding a new waypoint it ends up on the center of the map. Be careful when clicking and releasing the waypoint icon so you do not select the track instead, ST set a preference for the track. In extreme cases, you may need to zoom to find an area to drag&drop the icon.

---
Some status:
The plugin is added to the ST plugin catalog: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/plugins/?p=waypoints
However, the plugin is still not visible by default. The waypoint plugin uses the Globalsat Device plugin, where me and zingo wait for some feedback from Globalsat as well as test reports.  (Except sending activities and routes to GH-625XT, we are not aware of problems.)

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:14:37 pm »

Hello Gerhard,

Thanks
Alex
I should say that Zingo is elemental in the conversion of Phil's plugin, I joined to complete the conversion.

To move waypoints on the map you need to see the map area. ST requires that one or several activities are selected to do this.
When adding a new waypoint it ends up on the center of the map. Be careful when clicking and releasing the waypoint icon so you do not select the track instead, ST set a preference for the track. In extreme cases, you may need to zoom to find an area to drag&drop the icon.

---
Some status:
The plugin is added to the ST plugin catalog: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/plugins/?p=waypoints
However, the plugin is still not visible by default. The waypoint plugin uses the Globalsat Device plugin, where me and zingo wait for some feedback from Globalsat as well as test reports.  (Except sending activities and routes to GH-625XT, we are not aware of problems.)

Hello Gerard,

Would it work in ST2, I am using this because I can upload GPX to the GB580P (with the plugin from Phil) , for the rest I am using TGPro.

With Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

gerhard

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 06:54:21 pm »

Would it work in ST2, I am using this because I can upload GPX to the GB580P (with the plugin from Phil) , for the rest I am using TGPro.

Not really. There is a ST2 version of the Globalsat-Device plugin (import). The (Phil's, Keymaze) Waypoints plugin are quite different in ST2 and ST3, it is not really possible to port back to ST2.

In ST2, the plugins were independent. In ST3, all Globalsat device handling is moved to the Globalsat device plugin. The ST3 Waypoints plugin is more or less a GUI only.

I think Phil participated in adding GB580 support after zingo started to convert the plugin to ST3, so GB580 support would have to be backported to the old ST2 version.
Without ST2 (the least problem) and a GB-580 device, it is extremely hard to implement support.
I doubt the considerable work any type of backport of the plugin to ST2 is fruitful, considering the limited number of users for ST2 and the plugin in combination with the GB-580. Sorry....

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 02:23:53 am »

Not really. There is a ST2 version of the Globalsat-Device plugin (import). The (Phil's, Keymaze) Waypoints plugin are quite different in ST2 and ST3, it is not really possible to port back to ST2.

In ST2, the plugins were independent. In ST3, all Globalsat device handling is moved to the Globalsat device plugin. The ST3 Waypoints plugin is more or less a GUI only.

I think Phil participated in adding GB580 support after zingo started to convert the plugin to ST3, so GB580 support would have to be backported to the old ST2 version.
Without ST2 (the least problem) and a GB-580 device, it is extremely hard to implement support.
I doubt the considerable work any type of backport of the plugin to ST2 is fruitful, considering the limited number of users for ST2 and the plugin in combination with the GB-580. Sorry....

Thanks for the reaction Gerard,

It is not a problem, sometimes it can be handy to have beside the track a few waypoints. But I hope Globalsat with TGPro will come with a workable solution to create tracks and waypoints.
I was only curios to know if it would be possible.

With regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 18 queries.