USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Sport track 625xt plugin topic  (Read 13905 times)

zingo

• zingo.org
Re: Official Sport track 625xt plugin topic
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 03:39:32 pm »

Could be a wrongly guessed serial speed I guessed 115200 but maybe this device only work in 57600.

Please try this version and let me know:
https://bitbucket.org/zingo/sporttracks_globalsat_plugin/downloads/GlobalsatDevicePlugin_580_57500-3.2.xx.st3plugin

snow_freak

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 05:51:12 am »

Hi Gerhard,
i checked your plugin. It seems to me that your TainHeader data is not right, I have checked again TrainingGymPro. The TrainHeader starts with offset 28 (not 30) and MaximumSpeed is Int32 (not Int16).
It would be nice if you could verify that findings.

Greets
snow_freak

gerhard

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 05:23:58 pm »

It seems to me that your TainHeader data is not right, I have checked again TrainingGymPro. The TrainHeader starts with offset 28 (not 30) and MaximumSpeed is Int32 (not Int16).
It would be nice if you could verify that findings.

Which device?
Is it in the public build or in the source code?
Is it possible for you to build and debug?

I can test GH625XT and GH505 on Windows, zingo GH625XT and GH625M on Linux. There will be a call for more tests when we are done.

There has been quite a lot of changes in the latest source. This was done when putting all Globalsat related to one plugin, and enable access from other plugins to Waypoint/Route handling. Also, I hope the code can be a base for GPSBabel support. I have tried to make those changes in a way so the actual code are changed as little as possible to the device specific code (but it would have been easier to take a bigger take from the start, GlobalsatDevice and GlobalsatWaypoints plugins differed a little too much.) I cannot say when this is ready to test.

...and most of the credits for the plugins go to ZoneFiveSoftware and Phil. zingo is doing a lot of work too...

snow_freak

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:16 am »

I found this by comparing data of GH-625XT shownin ST3 with plugin Version 3.2.12 compared with data shown in TrainingGymPro. Then I checked your source code and found the things I discribed above (TrainHeader offset and data type of MaximumSpeed).

I have never thought about builduing and debugging ST plugins. At the moment I try to brew my own tool to read out the GH-625XT. I hope to find a replacement for ST soon (pytrainer looks good!), because I run linux and the ST performance under linux is very poor. Especially maps don't work. However, I belief there would be only some little tweaks in the ST source code necessary, to get a better linux support. But its closed source and ZoneFiveSoftware is not interested...

It's a very good idea trying to get GPSBabel support for GlobalSat devices. If you need some help doing that, I would support you, if it's within my capabilities.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 03:42:14 am »

There are two files for downloading.
Is one for ST2 and another for ST3?

Yes, the .st3plugin is for ST3 and .st2plugin (should be .stplugin) is for ST2.
There will be some updates in a while. I am merging the Globalsat plugins: ZoneFiveSoftware's device plugin and the waypoint etc from Phil's plugin, this has taken quite some more time than planned though.

/Gerhard

Thanks, Gerhard.
The plug-in will make product more attractive and advantage.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 03:51:40 am »

I found this by comparing data of GH-625XT shownin ST3 with plugin Version 3.2.12 compared with data shown in TrainingGymPro. Then I checked your source code and found the things I discribed above (TrainHeader offset and data type of MaximumSpeed).

I have never thought about builduing and debugging ST plugins. At the moment I try to brew my own tool to read out the GH-625XT. I hope to find a replacement for ST soon (pytrainer looks good!), because I run linux and the ST performance under linux is very poor. Especially maps don't work. However, I belief there would be only some little tweaks in the ST source code necessary, to get a better linux support. But its closed source and ZoneFiveSoftware is not interested...

It's a very good idea trying to get GPSBabel support for GlobalSat devices. If you need some help doing that, I would support you, if it's within my capabilities.

I really appreciated for your all kind support.
Once they are finished, we are happy to put on our website to announce.
I believe our products will be more popular in the market. ;)

Cheers,

Geoffrey

gerhard

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 03:01:31 pm »

It seems to me that your TainHeader data is not right, I have checked again TrainingGymPro. The TrainHeader starts with offset 28 (not 30) and MaximumSpeed is Int32 (not Int16).
The TrainHeader data is 29 bytes. To find the offsets, you have to add the field sizes and add them one by one. After some structures, I got tired and added incorrectly....
Anyway, MaximumSpeed is 32bit, but this field is not used in ST, as ST normally calculates such information from track information. The visible problem due to the offset was that Calories were incorrect. That was corrected. In addition, more information like ascend/descend seen if switching to manual calculations were added.
For lap data, some info is added in the Notes.
The plugin is not yet ready to be updated.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »

TurboTorben did my special version work better for you ?

gerhard

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 06:29:42 pm »

Disclaimer: Everything is not final yet, but I would like to refer to this update from other posts. There will be updates.

The Globalsat Device Plugin from ZoneFiveSoftware and Phil's Waypoint (KeyMaze) plugin were both written for Globalsat devices and had separate implementations of similar Globalsat protocols.
Phil's plugin had some features that could be used by other users too. In addition, there are other plugins that handles waypoints and routes like old man biking's Waypoints and Courses plugin, that could be adapted to access Globalsat devices. Both plugins were a little difficult to maintain, with most devices separated. In addition, I have some thoughts on adding support for Globalsat in GPSBabel, using the existing plugins as a basis.

To achieve this me and Zingo have moved all Globalsat device handling to the Globalsat device handling. This has required a lot of rewrite. As an example, I had made 5 svn commits to get the first public version of the device plugin. For this release, there are 87 more commits. The code is adapted to simplify adding of new devices.
Me and Zingo only have the possibility to test the few devices we have access to, so there are more tests needed.
Some items also need a response from Globalsat. For instance if sending activities to Globalsat will be supported or if Routes will be.

Me and Zingo have access to 625XT, 625M and 505. The plugins also supports most of GB580 functionality. GH561 waypoint support is implemented but not tested. There are code for 615, but 615 is considered depreciated. I doubt that there are any users with 615 that use SportTracks, the 615 is completely untested. The code not removed but no functions are added for the device.

You need to update both plugins from previously released versions.

Overview of changes:

Globalsat Device
Most details in the changes log: http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/wiki/Changes
Download: http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/downloads/list

Waypoints
 * Renamed to Waypoints Plugin from Phil's KeyMaze plugin. Less generic name anyone?
 * The plugin has GUI for some specific Globalsat features like SendActivity if the Globalsat Device plugin is installed. The intention is that these actions could be done by other plugins too, like Waypoints&Courses from old_man_biking.
Download: https://bitbucket.org/zingo/sporttracks_globalsat_plugin/downloads#download-49177

Known issues:
 * 625XT SendRoutes sends a route, but it all fields are blank. Use the route hangs the device.
 * 625XT SendActivity hangs the device when sending. Disconnect USB to restart.
 * 505 has problem receiving Routes (activities seem OK).

The following remains for a official release:
 * Test reports that device detection works also for other users.
 * Test reports for the GB580 and GH561
 * Knowledge if someone were using the import plugin for other than the supported plugins, and test reports for them.
 * Better Device Import Images for GH-625XT and GS-Sport
 * Permission from Globalsat to use the images and the Globalsat/GS-Sport names

What to test:
 * GS_Sport (Generic) device import.
 * Device detection in Generic, device specific dialogs

gerhard

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »

New version on Google code for Globalsat device plugin:
http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/downloads/list

* Plugin GUID was changed after 3.1.3. Uninstall previous 3.2.* versions prior to installing this version.
 * Pauses were inserted in some situation, but ST did not save the pauses if they contained milliseconds. Workaround done, pauses are now always estimated to full seconds.
 * Lap info: Cadence and Power were added as 0. This was only visible in .fitlog exports.
 * Lap Distance markers set.
 * Possibility to cancel import for 625XT.
 * Import problems for 625M in 3.2.94

Documentation updated, especially the Feature description:
http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/wiki/Features

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 06:33:55 am »

gerhard,
I installed it but after it ST3 won't start anymore, it only gives one very long error message.
Then I removed all other languages than Finnish manually from this plugin and ST3 started after that normally.

But if I remove old version 3.2.12 from ST3 all my Globalsat devices seems be unknown in list when start import.

Rookie

gerhard

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »

I installed it but after it ST3 won't start anymore, it only gives one very long error message.

Can you please post/send it?
Anything in the ST log?

Versions 3.2.12 and 3.2.94 uses a different GUID compared to 3.1 and earlier, so they will not replace the previous version. Of course you need at least one version installed...

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 04:34:07 am »

Hi,

same problem here.
Seems it has to do with uninstalling previous plugin. Sporttracks starts but then it closes automatically and the long error-message window appears.

The problem appears after uninstalling the old plugin without installing the new plugin. I canīt solve it by installing  the new plugin or the previous plugin.
Hope this helps to find the problem.

Best regards

Longjog
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 04:46:48 am by Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter »
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

gerhard

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 08:03:38 am »

I have tested a number of upgrade combinations but cannot recreate the problem.
The error message is from ST when loading, I cannot say what is wrong.

* Install the 3.2.105 plugin normally.
 * If the plugin version for Globalsat device plugin is not the installed version (i.e. 3.2.12), try uninstall it.
 * If there is an error message when uninstallling, the plugin must be uninstalled manually.
    Close ST, then delete the plugin directory. The directory is located in the ST plugin directory.
    The 3.2.12 version has name "9d20cac2-3c37-4224-810a-366bc17ccda7", the version to keep is "fb88d87e-5bea-4b70-892a-b97530108cfb".
    For location of the plugin directory, see the ST FAQ: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/forums/viewtopic.php?p=35922#p35922
    For Vista/Win7, type in search box: %PROGRAMDATA%\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed
    For WinXP, type in Run box: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 02:11:21 pm »

Hi I managed to start the ST again (donk ask me what I have done. It works now), uninstalled the plugin 3.2.94, closed ST, doubleclick in plugin Version  3.2.105. Message success installing the plugin but after running ST agaun, the plugin doesnīt appear in the plugin-list.
With version 3.2.94 the same.

Please help.

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 20 queries.