USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Sport track 625xt plugin topic  (Read 13888 times)

albert

• this product gives value for money
Re: Official Sport track 625xt plugin topic
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:18 am »

The updated plugin has been added to the SportTracks Plugin Catalog

Thanks Gerard,

It still works great in ST3.1, no faults since the last one.

With regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2012, 05:09:56 pm »

Hello gerhard,

Tested it as well.

I do agree with Albert that the plugin works flawlessly. No problems at all!

Many thanks for your time and effort in developing such a good plugin.

triple_Run

• Regular Members
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2013, 06:13:37 am »

Hi,

I tried in vain to export routes or activities to the device but ST gives the message "Globalsat device not found". Importing data from the watch works fine.
can anyone help me out her?

gerhard

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

I do not have a 625M device myself and cannot test. Has this worked for anyone?
It may be required that someone runs the export in a debugger to find the problem.

/Gerhard

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2013, 03:10:59 am »

Hi,

I tried in vain to export routes or activities to the device but ST gives the message "Globalsat device not found". Importing data from the watch works fine.
can anyone help me out her?
Hello,

With loading in the data it seams ST thus not matter what was selected, but you should set the correct device. later with export it needs the correct one.
What could be possible is to switch the device of and on again to make the connection, I had it sometimes could also me not having select the right device with import.

With regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

triple_Run

• Regular Members
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 04:07:29 am »

With loading in the data it seams ST thus not matter what was selected, but you should set the correct device. later with export it needs the correct one.
What could be possible is to switch the device of and on again to make the connection, I had it sometimes could also me not having select the right device with import.
I have the 625xt (Arival SpoQ) and ST identifies it as 625xt like it should.

gerhard

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »

The device identifies with an id, the plugin first tries to get the id from the available com ports.
(Ports where the device was previously found are tried first.)
The id must match the id for the device.
You can use the GS-Sport device to autodetect from the id, gives the same result as selecting the specific device directly.
It is possible to add devices without rebuilding the plugin, see here:
http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/wiki/Features#Unknown_devices

The same identification is done both when reading and writing activities. The protocols are not exactly the same so there are to some extent separate implementations. I have spent a lot of time unifying the code but it is still quite complex, you often have to change many paths for a single change. The protocols are more complicated then necessary and the documentation is incomplete and incorrect. You have to guess some when implementing.

So I am not surprised that there are problems where I cannot test. A user/developer with a 625M is needed.

triple_Run

• Regular Members
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 10:45:42 am »

@Gerhard, thanks so far
according to http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/wiki/Features#Unknown_devices the export should work. The device is detected as COM4 (thats the same port were it works in Training Gym Pro) and I can also capture screenshots from the device display and see the remaining recording time.

reinstalled the device plugin and the waypoint plugin, now the export succeeds!!!

:) it works! :)

@Gerhard, thanks alot!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:19:00 pm by triple_Run »

gerhard

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2013, 03:19:57 pm »

reinstalled the device plugin and the waypoint plugin, now the export succeeds!!!

Good!
For the record of helping others: Do you know if anything changed? For instance were both plugins up to date?
The waypoints plugin reports if it works with the Globalsat device plugin on the Settings page.
... your problems got me thinking if I should add "untested" to devices I cannot test until someone does after releasing an update...

triple_Run

• Regular Members
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 08:27:33 am »

For the record of helping others: Do you know if anything changed? For instance were both plugins up to date?

yes, the reason was that I accidentally had the wrong Plugin installed (globalsat plugin v0.5.65) instead of the waypoint plugin v0.5.128!

the only disadvantage over TrainigGymPro is that waypoints (and therfore also routes) created with ST have no Altitude. So feel free to change that. ;) 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:49:08 am by triple_Run »

gerhard

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »

the only disadvantage over TrainigGymPro is that waypoints (and therfore also routes) created with ST have no Altitude. So feel free to change that. ;)
If the waypoint has elevation set, it will be transferred to the device. I retested waypoints with 580P and tried to review the code for 625M and did not find any problem.
Have you set the elevation for the point?
If exporting an activity as a route, does the activity have elevation? (You can add that with ElevationCorrection)

triple_Run

• Regular Members
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2013, 04:51:34 am »

If the waypoint has elevation set, it will be transferred to the device. [...]
If I manually set the elevation it of course gets transfered to the device. I was talking about that no Altitude gets created when adding ("drawing") a new route or waypoint in SportTracks (regardless whether I transfer it to a device or not).
If exporting an activity as a route, does the activity have elevation? (You can add that with ElevationCorrection)
if the activity has elevation data it gets exported correctly but thats not my point (my issue has nothing to do with the export function or the device anymore, it seems to be just SP that I struggle with. But I will probably create my routes with training gym or gpsies instead)

gerhard

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2013, 04:55:26 am »

If the waypoint has elevation set, it will be transferred to the device. [...]
If I manually set the elevation it of course gets transfered to the device. I was talking about that no Altitude gets created when adding ("drawing") a new route or waypoint in SportTracks (regardless whether I transfer it to a device or not).
if the activity has elevation data it gets exported correctly but thats not my point (my issue has nothing to do with the export function or the device anymore, it seems to be just SP that I struggle with. But I will probably create my routes with training gym or gpsies instead)

There is no possibility to get the elevation on the map without accessing a elevation source like Elevation Correction does.
This would require some work, or that for instance Elevation Correction opens an interface to the data. As there is a workaround for routes I suggest that is used.
(There are likely not that many users, you will use other route creators and I have spent too much time already. The plugin is open sourced, so this can be done by anyone interested.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 19 queries.