USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with GS-Sport training gym pro 1.6.2 and G Earth  (Read 3036 times)

ipedraz

Help with GS-Sport training gym pro 1.6.2 and G Earth
« on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:12 am »

Hi,

i have an issue with training Gym Pro 1.6.2 (and previous versions...)
everytime i click the "show in Google earth" option on a route, it opens GEarth correctly but maps the route as a red line in the middle of Africa...
but in google maps everything is ok
any clue why the coordinates are somehow corrupted when opening in GEarth?

thanks
Nacho
Spain
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:25:35 am by USG_TECH10 »

ipedraz

Re: Help with GS-Sport training gym pro 1.6.2 and G Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:08:10 am »

Hi
i did more investigation here.
it seems that Gym pro stores a klm file when exports to Google Earth, the file is located here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GEarthTemp.kml

if i open the file from GEarth, same problem happens, so the issue seems to be the klm format that Gym pro uses to create the file.
the header:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2">

while if i download a track from wikiloc in kml format, the file opens corrently in GEarth. with following header :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">

could it be a version problem? 2 vs 2.2?

any hint appreciated. I need to make the "open in GEarth" work  .
my GEarth is v6.1.0.4857
regards
Nacho, Spain

ipedraz

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:23:49 am »

and more findings....

the coordinates that i can find in the klm file are:
-3.632227, 40.567688, 681
 -3.632518, 40.567517, 682
 -3.632562, 40.567487, 682
 -3.63261, 40.567458, 682
 -3.632662, 40.567425, 683
 -3.632708, 40.567398, 684
 -3.632752, 40.567372, 684
 -3.63281, 40.567348, 685...

when i put them in google maps they take me to ecuator line in africa...
so definetily the problem is on the process to save the klm file in Gym pro.

regards
Nacho, Spain

Jimbo

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 11:16:34 pm »

any hint appreciated. I need to make the "open in GEarth" work  .
my GEarth is v6.1.0.4857
regards
Nacho, Spain

I've been having the same problem with GS-Sport training gym pro v1.3 and now v1.6.8 with my GH-625M.  Go_ogle changed something in Google Earth after version 6.0.3.2197 which causes the imported Globalsat .kml file to display incorrectly.  I just went back to this version of Google Earth and the routes show up correctly again.  Clicking on "Show on Google Earth" still exports the wrong file.  I can't believe that bug hasn't been fixed in v.1.6.8 as it's been present since at least v1.3.

To Globalsat - Your 4-step Verification before posting is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »

Just a couple of questions:
Are you experiencing the same thing as this customer, where the kml file (saved from the Training Gym Pro) shows a red line around the earth? If so, can you please try to uninstall the TGP and reinstall the program with admin rights. Please check your email for the instructions.

Regarding the posting verification questions, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience it has incurred since it helps to prevent spammers for posting irrelevant topics. As of now, if you reach certain amount of postings, you should not be able to encounter them. Again, we are sorry for the trouble.

Jimbo

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »

Just a couple of questions:
Are you experiencing the same thing as this customer, where the kml file (saved from the Training Gym Pro) shows a red line around the earth? If so, can you please try to uninstall the TGP and reinstall the program with admin rights. Please check your email for the instructions.

Got the email, thanks!  I'm having two problems with .kml files and Google Earth:

1. Opening a GS-TGP.kml file into Google Earth after G.E. version 6.0.3.2197 results in the .kml file showing up completely bizarre, i.e., a 10km route appears as a huge slice in the Earth usually near the equator.  Of course, that varies with each new route I open in G.E.  I'm assuming that Google did something that made the GS-TGP .kml files incompatible since .kml files display fine on the above G.E. version or earlier ones.  I got around that by reinstalling the above older version of G.E... a kludge, but at least it works.

2. Even using the older version of Google Earth, whenever I click on "Show on Google Earth" within GS-TGP it sends IIRC the very first .kml file that I sent after installing V1.3 of Pro last year.  I just installed v1.6.8 without uninstalling v1.3 as I wanted to make sure v.1.6.8 was compatible with my GH-625M and I still get the very same route, again, whenever I click on "Show on Google Earth" for any route.  I've been getting around that by saving each route as a .kml file then opening that file in G.E.  Of course it's a big pain in the b-u-t-t to have to do that, but I'm using Google Earth as a bak-up to store my routes, visually anyway.  I did that after losing many of my previous GS-TG records (crappy mySQL database) that had somehow become corrupted and more than once.  Of course I'm also saving the routes as .act files.

Regarding the posting verification questions, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience it has incurred since it helps to prevent spammers for posting irrelevant topics. As of now, if you reach certain amount of postings, you should not be able to encounter them. Again, we are sorry for the trouble.

Again, a single CAPTCHA should solve that.  If it isn't preventing the spammers, then Globalsat has implemented the wrong CAPTCHA system and should try another.  This insipid practice levied against new members with obviously low post counts should be terminated immediately.  And did anyone at Globalsat ever think that these forums are primarily for seeking answers and not a social forum where post counts grow quickly?!

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.  I do like my GH-625M and use it almost daily, but the frustrations are growing.

Jim

------------------------------------------------
Edit: Per your email I set GS-TGP to run in Administrator mode and now the correct .kml route shows up in Google Earth.  I also deleted the directory where vsn 1.3 was located as I didn't realize that the newer version would supercede the old one even though I specified a different install directory in Windows 7.  If I reinstall the latest Google Earth version will .kml files show up properly by running GS-TGP in Administrator mode?

Thanks for you help!

Jim
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:33:12 am by Jimbo »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:52:25 am »

Per your email I set GS-TGP to run in Administrator mode and now the correct .kml route shows up in Google Earth.  I also deleted the directory where vsn 1.3 was located as I didn't realize that the newer version would supercede the old one even though I specified a different install directory in Windows 7.  If I reinstall the latest Google Earth version will .kml files show up properly by running GS-TGP in Administrator mode?

Hello Jim,
Just to confirm, after installing the latest version of the Training Gym Pro (1.6.8) with admin rights, did it solve the two problems that you mentioned (with an older version of Google Earth)?
Also, try to install the latest version of Google Earth and check if you encounter any problems. Make sure to restart the computer after the installation. Keep us posted.

goodsonr

• Regular Members
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 12:23:09 am »

I have the same problem as mentioned here with saved kml files not showing up properly in google earth (a set of lines roughly around the equator).  This is with tgp 1.6.1 (as administrator ... just in case).   This happens when a file is saved as kml and then loaded into GooglEarth 6.1.0.5001.

Given that it is happening with saved kml files, I don't see how administrator privileges make any difference.

I did not pick away at the kml files to see what was wrong, but expect it will turn out to be that the file is written incorrectly (perhaps, as noted below, because GE changed something).

ron

goodsonr

• Regular Members
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 12:57:37 am »

To answer my own problem .... A quick google search found this page where somebody was asking about their paths now around the equator

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/earth/Xi2rlt_GVbE

An answer came back as:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Filip,you have space between the coordinates.

From the release notes for 6.1:

To conform more closely with the OGC KML 2.2 standard, we've made the parsing of the <coordinates> tag more strict in version 6.1. Spaces must only be used to separate the (longitude,latitude,altitude) triplets which specify the coordinates of a single point. It is invalid to add spaces between individual coordinates. We understand that previous versions of the client were more lenient, so if your KML files contain spaces beween coordinates in coordinate triplets, an easy workaround is to remove all whitespace located immediately before or after commas inside a <coordinates> tag.

http://support.google.com/earth/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=40901

I used a text editor to do a search and replaces to get rid of the extra space, leaving only the comma, and it seems to be correct now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried what was suggested in the last line ... got rid of all spaces between the commas for the coordinates .. and yup .. my path now properly displays in google earth.

There you go .....

ron

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:16 pm »

Hello ron,

Thanks for suggesting that workaround. This will surely help other end-users to troubleshoot this issue with the kml file.

Again, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 20 queries.