USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: wishes for the new firmware  (Read 4451 times)

albert

• this product gives value for money
wishes for the new firmware
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »

I like to point out a few wishes for the new firmware:
1. a home altitude preset, now the GPS is is calibrating the barometer with different outcome.
2. better trackback system, more detailed
3. A bit better zoom: speed < 20 km zoom 20 m; speed < 25 km zoom 50 m; speed < 30 km zoom 100 m, in combination with point 2 it would not be beatable.
4. altitude fix after switching of device during a break, now it sometimes stays on 0 after restart.
5. saving processor time, now temp and avg is updated very frequently.
6. better page scrolling only in navigation mode scroll or user page scroll, now if you want to use navigation and you miss a Smart Track Point (STP) you have to go to the electronic Compass and switch to next STP. and then go trough all user pages and finally coming back on navigation.

Please feel free to put more Items to the list.

Regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
Re: wishes for the new firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:28:12 pm »

Hi Albert,

Sorry for my late reply.
I am really appreciated your kind support and detail orangization on these items.
Our team is getting released and will go to implement.  ;)
How about ROUTE planning by PC? I am still also wondering what is the best compression threshold on trace, 30m or 50m? ;)

Will give an updated soon,

Have a nice weekend,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:48:12 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

How about ROUTE planning by PC? I am still also wondering what is the best compression threshold on trace, 30m or 50m?
I think the main planning will be done on the PC, however sometimes you want to have a way point set so you  can find the place back. But planning is not necessarily in the GB580, because of the bigger distance you do it is useless to have planning in the device.

About the zoom function:
I did read in the forum that for mountain biking some people need less zoom, best zoom we can have is zoom by STP I am still convinced about that.
How should it work?
STP should always be in view, if this point is 800 m a way zoom is 1 km and STP is at the top of the screen.
STP near 300 m, zoom 500, etc.
STP past next STP comes up and zoom is changing to have STP always in view.
Advantage is that the route you follow looks the same as the STP lines (between the STP 's) because of a bigger scale and near to the STP it is spot on to the track you loaded in.

If this is technical not possible or due to other reason I would suggest to have the speed zoom as follow:
< 5 km zoom 20 m
< 10 km > 5 km zoom 50 m
< 20 km > 10 km zoom 100 m
< 25 km > 20 km zoom 200 m
< 30 km > 25 km zoom 500 m
> 30 km zoom 1000 m

With Regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:25:32 am »

One vote for this speed based zoom from here. :)

Rookie

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:11:16 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

How about ROUTE planning by PC? I am still also wondering what is the best compression threshold on trace, 30m or 50m?
I think the main planning will be done on the PC, however sometimes you want to have a way point set so you  can find the place back. But planning is not necessarily in the GB580, because of the bigger distance you do it is useless to have planning in the device.

About the zoom function:
I did read in the forum that for mountain biking some people need less zoom, best zoom we can have is zoom by STP I am still convinced about that.
How should it work?
STP should always be in view, if this point is 800 m a way zoom is 1 km and STP is at the top of the screen.
STP near 300 m, zoom 500, etc.
STP past next STP comes up and zoom is changing to have STP always in view.
Advantage is that the route you follow looks the same as the STP lines (between the STP 's) because of a bigger scale and near to the STP it is spot on to the track you loaded in.

If this is technical not possible or due to other reason I would suggest to have the speed zoom as follow:
< 5 km zoom 20 m
< 10 km > 5 km zoom 50 m
< 20 km > 10 km zoom 100 m
< 25 km > 20 km zoom 200 m
< 30 km > 25 km zoom 500 m
> 30 km zoom 1000 m

With Regards,

Albert

Hi Albert, Rookie,

Our team is going to improve firmware now.
The first stage is to "Smart Track Back and compression scenario improvement" and "barometer improvement".
When Smart Track is activated, it will be:
1. To set "Bird Eye View" and "Auto Zoom In/ Out" activated
2. Arrow symbol instead of "cyclist"
3. Up is to go "LAST Point", DOWN is to go "NEXT point", since there are less two buttons than GH-625.

From my view, the auto scaling bases on SPEED is preferred. We do the first suggestions into first release firmware, but it is not perfect. ;)
Do you mean it is not necessary to add "ROUTE from PC"?

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

albert

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:49 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

First of all, thanks for the next update. I really like to try the SSTP. And fine you still busy to develop the GB580(p) software.
From my view, the auto scaling bases on SPEED is preferred. We do the first suggestions into first release firmware, but it is not perfect.
No, route is much better on the PC, only create a single way point is still useful to have on the  device. For example, you can put in a way point the place where you left your bike.

with regards,

Albert

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 10:20:36 am »

Hello Geoffrey,

First of all, thanks for the next update. I really like to try the SSTP. And fine you still busy to develop the GB580(p) software.
From my view, the auto scaling bases on SPEED is preferred. We do the first suggestions into first release firmware, but it is not perfect.
No, route is much better on the PC, only create a single way point is still useful to have on the  device. For example, you can put in a way point the place where you left your bike.

with regards,

Albert

Hi Albert,

We will implement route planning into device instead of route connected by sequent waypoints.
You will be amazed with charm. ;)
For sure, we will always listen customers and improving product.

Sincerely,
Geoffrey
Geoffrey

Phil

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »

Hi!
Tried the new firmware this weekend for the first time and I really liked the new track back mode with thicker tracklines. Great job!

What I didn't understand very well was where does the black line is starting? I imagined it to be the current track line, but most of the time it just doesn't make sense, and doesn't match the track back line.

Another thing, when I started track back, all the recorded data I had behind was deleted, which is really anoying as you should understand.

The auto zoom works well, but sometimes I still miss the control of zooming. Since there are less buttons, I suggest to add zooming in/out by long pressing up/down keys. What do you think?

Regards
Phil

albert

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 02:05:55 am »

Hi Phil,
I tried yesterday the new software, I agree with you it is much nicer, in my case the track line was following the track exactly. Your suggestion about controlling zoom is good, I did miss it sometimes. I took a shortcut and than to have a control zoom is better to see where the original track is going. The arrow always points to the track so finally you get the track back. What I want is a message please wait to say that it is busy to calculate the track when you start and when you coming from user page to the clock. If you press on the clock to go to the map noting seems to happen, but is busy to calculate, so you think you did not press good and if you press again you back in electronic compass and have to go around again. 

With regards,

Albert

eugen

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:07:18 am »

Hello everyone, I'm eugen, new to the forum.
I just received my new GB-580P and excited :D

What I thought would be nice in future update is an USB interface with Linux PC.
(USB mass storage class would be best)

Regards,
eugen

albert

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:05:41 am »

What I want is a message please wait to say that it is busy to calculate the track when you start and when you coming from user page to the clock. If you press on the clock to go to the map noting seems to happen, but is busy to calculate, so you think you did not press good and if you press again you back in electronic compass and have to go around again. 

This is already done in the new software  8), and the calculating time is only by the start now great thanks to GS ;D for The good work
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:12:35 am by albert »

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:05 am »

What I thought would be nice in future update is an USB interface with Linux PC.
(USB mass storage class would be best)

I use SportTracks to talk to the watch (I do not have a gb580 but a gh625XT) Gerhard has done a great job with the plugins for globalsat for Sporttracks 3.0. You can run SportTracks 2.x/3.0 in Mono (I have not got 3.1 to work but have not tried lately) I don't know if the old SportTracks2.1 plugin can talk to gb580 I dont think so.

There is a set of script files to handle old watches it would be great if they could be updated to handle the "new" ones also.
http://code.google.com/p/gh615/ the project is kind of dead so someone has to add the stuff need hopefully the old author can merge them in.
I have not used GPSBabel and PyTrainier I don't think any of them supports Globalsat.

Globalsat is very open on the format, the code for handeling watches are available in the globalsat plugin project page http://code.google.com/p/globalsat-sporttracks-plugin/ If you need specs just ask we got them without problem when we worked on the SportTracks plugin. If you want to work with this let me or Gerhard know and we can probably help you a little. I know Gerhard is interested in making GPSBable work with globalsat.

What ather tools are there and are PyTrainer something I should look into?

albert

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 04:17:14 am »

Hello all,

The GB580P is really good now, there are only two thinks left.
One is to have a option to scale the Map manually for instance with one press (3sec hold) on the top right in the map mode and then you can zoom in or out until you press the top button again for 3 sec to go back to automatic zoom. Why: If you want a shortcut or you lost the track line you are quick be able to find your way back to the route. Second: I proposed a quicker response on the slope, but the quickest is to quick now (inaccurate), so the quick and medium should be calculate a bit longer before it gives a Percentage.
I also like to have ODO somewhere, if it not possible in the GB508P then in TGP, got also requests for this option.

With regards,

Albert

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
wishes for the new firmware: Field in Navigation-Display
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 01:14:27 pm »

Hi,

It would be fine to have a field right at the upper side in the navigation-display to show the heartrate.
When Im training, I often download tracks from the Internet for navigation in unknown areas. But I wan to know my heartrate also. Maybe it is possible to have the speed also.

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

albert

Re: wishes for the new firmware: Field in Navigation-Display
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 02:41:40 pm »

Hi,

It would be fine to have a field right at the upper side in the navigation-display to show the heartrate.
When Im training, I often download tracks from the Internet for navigation in unknown areas. But I wan to know my heartrate also. Maybe it is possible to have the speed also.

Best regards

Longjog
Hello Longjog,

I really like your Idea, I suggested it a long time a go for the speed. But to have HR as well is also a good idea!
I said the slope medium should be calculated a bit longer, but it is good, I tried it now for longer and satisfied about it. Not good is the quick response, it not usable now. It was me to have it to quick :-[ but times learn the possible and impossible things. ;)

with regards,

Albert 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 19 queries.