USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notifications on new firmware  (Read 1316 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

Notifications on new firmware
« on: November 08, 2011, 03:58:43 am »

Hello!

One of the best things with Globalsat is the constant strive to improve products through new firmware. Unfortunately, I  think most users outside this forum is not aware of it. This leads to that users isn't utilizing their watches to the max and also to  cause dissatisfaction with the GS-watches when comparing them with other brands etc. it can also cause bad reviews in mag. since they don't have updated firmware. This happened with the 625-review I translated earlier.
 I think that in the included manuals you should emphasize the possivility of upgradeing the firmware much more than you do today. I would therefore like to suggest that you have the possibility to register your watch on the website and then get notifications by email when a new firmware is out.

Anders

albert

• this product gives value for money
Re: Notifications on new firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

Hello!

One of the best things with Globalsat is the constant strive to improve products through new firmware. Unfortunately, I  think most users outside this forum is not aware of it. This leads to that users isn't utilizing their watches to the max and also to  cause dissatisfaction with the GS-watches when comparing them with other brands etc. it can also cause bad reviews in mag. since they don't have updated firmware. This happened with the 625-review I translated earlier.
 I think that in the included manuals you should emphasize the possivility of upgradeing the firmware much more than you do today. I would therefore like to suggest that you have the possibility to register your watch on the website and then get notifications by email when a new firmware is out.

Anders

Excellent Anders,

This is a very good idea. Not only you know where people buy the product also they will give there view about the devices and getting involved.

with regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:20:12 pm »

I think it should be easy (maybe even automatically?)  to check for new firmware from within the Training GYM SW, that way the first time you start it it will tell you there is new software.

canadien

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:34:19 am »

I think it should be easy (maybe even automatically?)  to check for new firmware from within the Training GYM SW, that way the first time you start it it will tell you there is new software.
I think both ideas are possible. A flyer could be inserted in box to invite people to subscribe to firmware update newsletter (for does who not necessarily use TGP) and automatic recognition in TGP.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:13:11 am »

Dear all,

It is a good idea to put a service flyer into gift box which to emphasis the forum and services. :D
I would like to move forward to discuss with out artwork engineer.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 19 queries.