USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HRM accuracy  (Read 15218 times)

partyman66

Re: HRM accuracy
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »

@partyman,

it is the exact same belt, no difference

Hmm.. interesting.  I thought I remember somebody posting on here that they didn't have any problems with HRM accuracy when they used the old monitor from their 625M watch.  I just assumed it was because the hardware was different.... but if that is true that their 625M monitor works fine and the XT does not, it could just be a bad batch of monitors shipped with the XT version.  I have never used the regular 625 watch, so I have zero actual input on how that one works, whether it's the same as the XT model or not.

canadien

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:10 pm »

it could just be a bad batch of monitors shipped with the XT version.  I have never used the regular 625 watch
Thats what we think...

Have a good week.

canadien
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:22:39 pm by canadien »

SurferBobInHb

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:08 am »

I'm interested in getting the GH-625XT and am curious on the reliability of the HRM function.   Having read the comments here, it sounds like there are still some issues to resolve with HRM readings.   Is this the general consensus from the current owners of this watch?     Do others have the same problem with the HRM readings that make it so unreliable that it is unusable?   What is the expectation to getting this issue fixed?  It seems that USGlobalSat is responding and has a plan to fix it.   

Thanks for any input and recommendations

partyman66

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 12:24:26 pm »

Hi and welcome to the board.

All new HRM are now tested prior to packaging. If you receive a defect one from an official reseller (first batch) you can ask for a RMA.

Regards,

canadien

How exactly would one go about getting an RMA for one of the defective ones from the first batch?  I fall into that category, having purchased mine from a reseller in December of last year.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:56:10 pm by canadien »

canadien

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 12:52:28 pm »

I hope I am not wrong. Please write to usglobalsat customer support and come back to tell us what they said about it.

PS
I modified my quote in your post and changed reseller for official reseller.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:56:57 pm by canadien »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 01:36:14 pm »

I'm interested in getting the GH-625XT and am curious on the reliability of the HRM function.   Having read the comments here, it sounds like there are still some issues to resolve with HRM readings.   Is this the general consensus from the current owners of this watch?     Do others have the same problem with the HRM readings that make it so unreliable that it is unusable?   What is the expectation to getting this issue fixed?  It seems that USGlobalSat is responding and has a plan to fix it.   

Thanks for any input and recommendations

Hello SurferBobInHb,

In USGlobalSat, if a customer encounter some issues with the HRM, we request them to register their product and generate a support ticket. In this way, we have records about the customer, his/her device, and detailed info of the problem. Once we received this data, we would assist that customer.

If the customer is still experiencing problems with the heart rate monitor, first, we check if it's under warranty. If it is under warranty, then, we issue a replacement.

For now, that's the general process in resolving the HRM problem.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 02:42:59 am »

Since the HRM has been so unreliable I decided this spring not to use it. I have however picked up some signals anyway. These screenshots below are taken from 3 different occasions. The first 2 ones are from the same run, I've highlighted the parts where the watch picks up a signal. As you can see the HRM reacts at more or less the same places everytime. I suspect it's because of the railroad (marked out in green on last photo).
Please note that I did not have the newest firmware installed by then so this might be completely uninteresting. Nowadays the watch is upgraded and I'll try to do the same track next weekend wearing pulseband and we'll see what happens. :-)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:21:53 am by AndersBrontosaurus »

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 02:56:07 am »

....As you can see the HRM reacts at more or less the same places everytime.....

It happens to me also, almost always in the same places.
When I wear the HRM band, in some sections subject to interference, the values dart up to 180-190 bpm, and when you do not wear the HRM belt, it is not uncommon to note that the watch detects BPMs of unknown origin.
I have the latest firmware.
I think we need a fix.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2012, 03:49:06 pm »

Please note that I did not have the newest firmware installed by then so this might be completely uninteresting. Nowadays the watch is upgraded and I'll try to do the same track next weekend wearing pulseband and we'll see what happens. :-)

Hello Anders,

Since the watch is upgraded, any news how the watch performed with the heart rate monitor? Just wondering, did you use the HRM included in the package?

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2012, 07:19:07 am »

Hello Anders,
Since the watch is upgraded, any news how the watch performed with the heart rate monitor? Just wondering, did you use the HRM included in the package?
Hi i ran the same track yesterday and the watch behaved a little strange. Will hopefully get time to analyze and upload tomorrow. :-)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2012, 05:11:44 pm »

Hello Anders,

Thanks for the update. Just keep us posted.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »

It happens to me also, almost always in the same places.
When I wear the HRM band, in some sections subject to interference, the values dart up to 180-190 bpm, and when you do not wear the HRM belt, it is not uncommon to note that the watch detects BPMs of unknown origin.
I have the latest firmware.
I think we need a fix.

Hello WincenT,

Please check your email for our response.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 02:23:45 am »

Hello Anders,

OK. Here is the new race.
I do now have the newest firmware. I ran with the same pulseband as the other times. I can not say for sure if it's the one that came with the XT or the one Bernd sent me to use with my 615 a year ago or so. They look the same. One other difference is that I this time wore my belt upside down.
This time I checked my pulse twice while (running in zones where the watch did not behave strange when I was running without a pulseband) and the watch showed a pulse at least 15 bpm too high both times.

For some reason the pulsecurve gets much more smooth around 50 minutes and on...

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2012, 06:38:19 pm »

So, you're still getting heart rate values within 180-190 bpm or higher? If so, please follow the troubleshooting guide that I'm going to send you through your email address. Let us know if that resolve your problem.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2013, 12:13:37 pm »

Back on track after 6 months of cold. Have tried the troubleshooting guide and upgraded to the newest firmware.
I still get too high readings on my pulse. What's the problem?
Am I the only one who is still suffering from this?

/Anders
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 19 queries.