USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Way To Order Securely?  (Read 4433 times)

partyman66

Any Way To Order Securely?
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:37:48 pm »

I was going to place a pre-order for the GH-625XT training watch, but I noticed that the US-Globalsat site does not have an SSL encrypted login for processing the order and credit card information.

Do you guys have a more secure way to handle this?  I really don't want my credit card information being stored in plain text on every intermediary webserver between my provider and the US-Globalsat Server.... this is just asking for trouble/identity theft.

I highly suggest you guys upgrade your site/checkout/cart configuration to use VeriSign-Trusted SSL certificates for both the security of your customers and the integrity of your operation.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Any Way To Order Securely?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 12:56:47 pm »

We do apologize for the inconvenience and we will be working on it to get it updated. This could be possibly resolved early next week since we are on holiday for the remainder of this week.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

partyman66

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 12:44:15 pm »

I'm not sure how much expertise you guys have with dealing with this sort of thing, but here is a direct link to where you go to get the SSL certificate process started:

http://www.verisign.com/ssl/buy-ssl-certificates/index.html?tid=a_box

Verisign/Symantec currently offer 4 different packages for purchasing a single SSL certificate, which comes along with various other protection suite options from their website, priced anywhere from $400 to $1500 for a one year subscription (less if you buy a multi-year subscription).... and they also have 30 day free trials available for each of those options so you can give it a shot and see how easy it is to implement without a risky financial commitment in order to implement it and test how feasible it is for you.  SSL certificates are generally very easy to setup, but the procedure varies depending on what software you use to host your webserver and how customized/hard-coded your site design is(can involve changing the http: prefix in some of your hyperlinks in some cases).

I've mostly done SSL certificates on web servers hosted on Microsoft IIS, and they were a breeze to implement(literally took about an hour to install).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:54:50 pm by partyman66 »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 04:06:56 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. Just forwarded this info to our graphics department.

As of now, still awaiting their response regarding this issue. Will provide an update once I got a response. Please standby.

partyman66

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 07:30:55 pm »

In the interim time, is there any other way to place a pre-order for this watch?  I've been following this thing along its development on here for some time now in hopes of being able to get my hands on one as soon as possible and would love to be able to do so at the pre-order $159 price.

Perhaps ordering via phone, or paypal?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 07:43:20 pm »

To place a pre-order via phone, you can contact our Sales Department about this as we're open from 8:30AM to 5:00PM PST:
Toll Free: (888) 323-8720
Phone: (909) 597-8525
You can also inquire on how to purchase the unit via PayPal.

Or, you can possibly purchase the unit from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GlobalSat-GH-625XT-GH-625-Sport-GPS-Watch-/370557749494?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item5646f688f6#ht_3054wt_626

partyman66

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:54 am »

I attempted to place an order for a pre-purchase today over the phone but was told that they are no longer doing prepurchase orders for these.  When I asked about the E-bay link, I was told that they have not sold any of these units and there shouldn't be anyone selling them on E-bay.

Can anyone fill me in on this?  I was really hoping to be able to get one of these things via prepurchase.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 06:07:16 pm »

After checking with our Sales Department, the deadline for the pre-purchase of the GH-625XT was last November 27. As of now, we're not taking pre-orders for the said watch anymore. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regarding the link from eBay, you can possibly contact the reseller, Dtech, directly: (http://myworld.ebay.com/dtechglobal/?_trksid=p4340.l2559). Basically, they are one of our Taiwan resellers. You can find some information about them here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3726.msg10996#msg10996

partyman66

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 03:38:37 am »

Ah, D*&Y$$.  I was really looking forward to getting one of these watches and helping provide feedback to work out the kinks (I'm a software engineer, 11 years in the field).

Do you have any idea as to a ballpark date range for when these watches will be available again for purchase?

canadien

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:46:30 am »

I attempted to place an order for a pre-purchase today over the phone but was told that they are no longer doing prepurchase orders for these.  When I asked about the E-bay link, I was told that they have not sold any of these units and there shouldn't be anyone selling them on E-bay.

Can anyone fill me in on this?  I was really hoping to be able to get one of these things via prepurchase.
Strange, here the link seems to work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GlobalSat-GH-625XT-GH-625-Sport-GPS-Watch-/370557749494?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item5646f688f6#ht_2994wt_1113

Just buy it...

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »

Ah, D*&Y$$.  I was really looking forward to getting one of these watches and helping provide feedback to work out the kinks (I'm a software engineer, 11 years in the field).

Do you have any idea as to a ballpark date range for when these watches will be available again for purchase?

Hello partyman66,

Apparently, there is no clear timeline yet of when the watch is going to be available for purchase. You can possibly check its product page for some time to see the availability.  Or, as canadien suggested, you can directly buy it from our Taiwan reseller by clicking on the provided link.

partyman66

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 06:34:20 pm »

Do you know if there is any region-specific product differences from buying the one from the Taiwan reseller, or are these watches all the same regardless of who is selling them?

canadien

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 12:01:54 pm »

I think the seller is from Israel. Exactly the same hardware but you will have to make firmware update aftewr receiving it.

partyman66

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

The seller is in fact from Israel.  If it's just a firmware upgrade to get it to the current standard, then that's not a problem.  I just hope that the watch ships in such a way that when you first turn it on, it prompts you for your choice of display-language on the very first screen that comes up.  I don't know Israeli or whatever language it is that is spoken in that region, so if it were to default to Israeli, I might encounter some difficulty in switching it to English.  LOL.

Vianney51100

• Regular Members
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »

I bought a GH-625XT from israel dealer dtechglobal, and i received the watch today. (it's excellent).
One Week to ship isreal to france.
The first turn on, it prompts in english, don't worry.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 19 queries.