USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH625M Bricked!  (Read 1092 times)

Paolo

GH625M Bricked!
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:40:43 pm »

Hello there.

I used to be a happy owner of the 625 until this month, when first the hrm belt failed suddenly and without any apparent reason, then, while trying to update the firmware, the connection got lost all of a sudden - and still for no apparent reason, leaving the device bricked for good.

Money thrown out of the window? Is there a way to fix both devices? Do I have to pay for that? How much?

I am really puzzled... and frankly a bit angry... Thanks to anyone willing to help.

Cheers,

Paolo

canadien

Re: GH625M Bricked!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:16:02 am »

Hi Paolo,
For HR I suggest you to check battery. My 625 HR monitor recently stopped working too and it was due to batterie death.

As for the watch: if you live in Europe and if it's no more on warranty I suggest you to reach Bernd (longjog username on the forum) at http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

He will have an option for you...

Regards,

canadien

Paolo

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 10:56:33 am »

Merci beaucoup pour la réponse, canadien.

Unfortunately, changing the battery has been the first thing I did, to no avail.
Two different batteries did not succed in reviving that belt... D*&Y$$.

As for the bricked watch, I'll try and contact the german guy, thank you. Anyway paying extra money for a failure depending on the watch malfunction makes ma bit agry, as I said previously.

Thanks again and have a good time,

P.

canadien

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 01:09:59 pm »

Same happened to me in he beginning because I let it too much longer on charge. After that, I decided to let it charge max one hour after being full and never had the problem again. It now is on it's third years and no sign of weakness.

Did you let your watch on charge during long period of time prior of this failure?

Paolo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 01:59:25 pm »

Uhm... no... actually it happened after a pause of a couple of months; I have checked that enough battery was still available - it was - and tried to upgrade the firmware via Training Gym. The app didn't recognize the watch, the watch said that the upgrade had started, then it shut down and it was over, bricked.

Still angry... and waiting for an "official" word on this matter.

Thanks again canadien, and happy running!

P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.