USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with DG-200  (Read 6532 times)

jcr83

• Regular Members
Problem with DG-200
« on: January 02, 2012, 07:06:47 am »

Hello,
I have bought a DG-200 to record my hiking tracks. Unfortunately, it only records 2 or 3 points from time to time.

I have tested two configurations :
1. Record a trackpoint every second
2. Record a trackpoint when the distance is more than 1 meter from the previous point.
The results are the same.

With my TomTom GPS, which also has a SiRF Star III chip, there is no problem.
On the image below, you can see the DG-200 track (orange), and the TomTom track (green).

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/671/dg200.jpg

Please help me !

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Problem with DG-200
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:47:58 pm »

Just a couple of questions about this:

When you're recording the trackpoints, is the DG-200 able to get a fix? Is the green light flashing? At all times? Or sometimes?
What is the test environment? Are you surrounded by any tall trees?
Is the device fully charged?
Have you tried resetting the unit by turning it off and turning it back on?

Also, can you please provide the .gsr files for both configurations (every second and when the distance is more than 1 meter from the previous waypoint)? To do this, please refer to its User Manual on page 22: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/677/dg_200_user_manual__eng_v1_1.pdf

jcr83

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:54:32 am »

The DG-200 had a permanent fix (green light flashing all the time). There were no trees, no buildings. The device was fully charged. I made several tests during a week, at different places, and got similar results. It works correctly only when I use it in my car, so I suspect that it is a problem with the "static navigation" parameter that is activated. I have found in this forum : http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/bt338.php that there was a similar problem with your BT-338 device, and that you solved it :
“Static Navigation” is a feature of the chipset that freezes your position when you are moving slower than 4 km/h . Position changes will only be registered when the difference exceeds 50 meters. As a result when you walk slowly your position seems to be frozen and it updates only every once in a while.
We have heard that the current batch of BT338 receivers are delivered with Static Navigation disabled, so you should not even see that effect any more.

Can you tell me if the static navigation is activated in the DG-200, and if yes, how to disable it ?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:26:22 pm »

Regarding static navigation and how to disable it, please check your email for our response.

jcr83

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:28 am »

Hello,
I have flashed the firmware you sent me, but it doesn't seem to change anything :

BTW, are you sure that the firmware you sent me was different from the previous firmware ? I ask this, because the version number was the same (F-GPS-0H-1111181).

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:59:44 am »

Can you please provide the .gsr files for both configurations (every second and when the distance is more than 1 meter from the previous waypoint)? To do this, please refer to its User Manual on page 22: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/677/dg_200_user_manual__eng_v1_1.pdf

Please send the following files via email at support@usglobalsat.com. We will need these files for further review.

Before you test the firmware, did you erase all data from the unit? Did you turn it off and turn it back on? Moreover, do you have the WAAS/EGNOS function enabled?

jcr83

• Regular Members
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »

Hello,

I have send a .gsr file to your email address.
It contains two tracks.
The first one has been created with "the distance must be more than 1 meter from the previous waypoint", and the second one "every second".

I didn't erase all data from the unit after reflashing the software, but I did turn it off and turn it back on.

And yes, I have the WAAS/EGNOS function enabled, because I want the maximum accuracy.

Best regards,

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:56:07 pm »

Just got the files. We'll go ahead and take a look at them. Thanks.

swangsat

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:50:57 am »

I also am having problems getting all the points from my DG-200.
The firmware version on the DG-200 is F-GPS-03-1009062.
The usb-serial driver that I am using is "Prolific" version 3.3.1.152
My DG-200 utility version is 1.2.2.110510.
Any progress on this problem?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58:29 pm »

Just a couple of questions:
When you tried acquiring the trackpoints from the DG-200, did you get an error? If so, can you please post a screenshot?
Are you using the Data Center program (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/677/datacenter.zip) to get the DG-200? What is the version of this software?
Moreover, are you having the same problem as this end-user has stated?

swangsat

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 03:37:18 am »

When acquiring points no error messaage came up.
I am using the DataCentre software - version: 1.2.2.110510.
It does appear that I am having the same problem as jcr83.
Like him/her I can get trackpoints faithfully recorded and downloaded via gpx every 10sec on my Nokia 6800 Symbian using ViewRanger.
Do you want screenshots of DataCentre Settings

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »

Got it and the latest version of the DataCenter program that we have is 1.2.2.111104. You can download the latest one here: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/677/datacenter.zip). Make sure to extract the zip file first.

Can you also please confirm what are the config settings of the DG-200? And yes please, you can post a screenshot of it. To do this, just open up the DataCenter and click the Connect button. Then, go to Device and select Setting.

Have you tried deleting all trackpoints from the unit? Also, have you configured all the settings back to 0, except making the DG-200 record every 1 second (By time)? Were you able to get the same results?

swangsat

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:50 am »

Thanks for the DataCentre link. Have downloaded and installed latest version. Put settings to 0 as suggested except timing 1s. Great! Picked up 654 points. But it was a mixed car journey(25mph) and walking. The car part comes out with a smoother route on Google. The walkabout in town is a series of spikes. Why should this be?  I have 'disable data logging if distance....' still checked. Will uncheck and see if this helps on the walking. How can I send you the gsr and gif?
Thanks for your help!

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 02:54:19 pm »

Thanks for the update. You can send the .gsr and .gif files to support@usglobalsat.com. Let me take a look at those files for further review. Thanks.

jcr83

• Regular Members
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »

Thanks for SiRFDemo. I have been able to display the navigation parameters :

It seems that "static navigation" is enabled on my device. That explains the problem I have described above.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 21 queries.