USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trail Running  (Read 990 times)

Sydneywizard

Trail Running
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:53:25 am »

I'm thinking of buying a GH625M for trail running but I have a concern about significant dropouts. Does anyone here have any experience with this unit for this purpose?

canadien

Re: Trail Running
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:40:30 am »

Hi Sydneywizard,

I found the 625m most stable watch yet. Firmware has reached full maturity while 625xt firmware is still getting improve.

Under the threes of a forest 625m might not be able to tell actual speed because of gps signal blocked by the threes but the final or total speed and distance should be not far from reality.

But maybe you should go with 625xt for trail running because of the newest chip reception has been improved.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:46:41 pm by canadien »

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »

Both models has been working great for me.

TWG_TECH8

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:00 pm »

Dear customer,

Thanks for interesting GH-625M. Now GH-625XT is also avaliable with competitive price.
Both of them are with reliable and superior performance, for sure we always are willing keep serving you.
You can move forward to contact your local dealer about the detail.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

zerozed

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:38 pm »

I live in the Appalachian mountains and haven't had any problems with the GH-625M for trail running--with one exception.  I ran Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim in the Grand Canyon in 2011 and took both a Garmin FR305 and my GH-625 because I was going for 50+ miles and much longer than the ~9 hour battery life of either GPS watch.  The FR305 did okay, but lost the signal a lot.  The GH-625 had a lot of trouble in the Canyon; the resulting data was grossly inaccurate.  Understand; this is about as an extreme condition you can put a watch under--neither watch worked very well given the conditions.

Other than that, the GH-625M has been a champ.  Of course if you move to the new XT you'll get a SiRF IV GPS chipset which should be even more reliable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.