USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DG-200 Toolbox  (Read 3101 times)

pixelk

• Regular Members
DG-200 Toolbox
« on: September 10, 2011, 02:23:07 am »

My opensource Windows client for the DG-200 is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dg200toolbox/

Any question is welcome
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:52:24 am by pixelk »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: DG-200 Toolbox
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:54:47 pm »

Thank you for sharing this software. We appreciate all your time and effort.

By the way, we encountered some issues when using this program:

Whenever the 'Clear DG-200 Memory' button is pressed, we usually get the following statements:
Clearing DG-200 memory
It may take long if the memory is full
ERROR while clearing DG-200's memory

What do you think could be the problem? After saving the tracks into the GPX format, do we need to perform another step before deleting data from the DG-200?

Another one is the COM Port detection part. The software will always look for the lowest com port rather than the com port of the device is using. For example, the COM18 is designated for the DG-200 and we have another device assigned to COM17. Oftentimes, the DG-200 Toolbox detect COM17 instead of COM18.

When configuring the device, I would like to suggest to reboot the software. So, users can view the modified setting(s) they have loaded into the DG-200. This is not required, but optional in order for them to confirm the changes have been made into the unit.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:00:39 pm by USG_TECH10 »

pixelk

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:06 am »

Thank you for your Feedback.

Version 1.1.01 corrects the handling of the memory cleared message. I was displaying the wrong message when memory is successfully cleared. (by the way the protocol documentation may be wrong on paragraph 2.5 about the memory clear result value. I get only 00, not 1). thank you very much for reporting this bug to me.

About the automatic detection protocol, I will try to reproduce and correct this bug (unfortunately I don't have much virtual Serial over USB devices to reproduce this bug other than a DG-100 and a DG-200, so it may take some time).

About asking to restart I don't understand your suggestion, sorry. I never needed to restart it to see the changes in configuration (it directly asks for the configuration again after changing it). Could you tell me more about that please ?

Thank you for taking time to test the software and give me quality feedback on it, I really appreciate it.

pixelk

• Regular Members
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:08:20 pm »

Version 1.1.04 tries to detect the DG-200 on all available COM ports

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »

Great! We will go ahead to test this version and come back with feedback. Thanks.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:51:37 pm »

Version 1.1.04 was able to detect the DG-200 on its com port. It's a success!

Regarding the handling of cleared memory message, I will check with our engineers about the documentation protocol.

As for the changes in configuration, I would have to click the 'Configure DG-200' button to modify the settings of the datalogger. Then, I would see the message below:

Sending new configuration to the DG-200
DG-200 Configuration received
New configuration is set

Since I would like to see the changes right away, I would click the said button but I still see the previous configurations. So, I have to restart the Toolbox by closing it and opening it back again. That's why, I was wondering if you can add a message stating that you need to restart the software to view the new configurations.

Please let me know if you need more explanation about this. Thanks.

tscott

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:28 pm »

Great software!  Thank you for writing it.

They very day you released it on this message board I had just received and was testing out a DG-200 logger.

Thanks again for sharing!

-- Tim

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:05 am »

Hello tscott,

Welcome to USGlobalSat forum! By the way, how did the DG-200 testing perform with the Toolbox? Were you able to encounter any issues on your side? Any comments? Please let us know. Thanks.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 02:02:17 pm »

Version 1.1.01 corrects the handling of the memory cleared message. I was displaying the wrong message when memory is successfully cleared. (by the way the protocol documentation may be wrong on paragraph 2.5 about the memory clear result value. I get only 00, not 1). thank you very much for reporting this bug to me.

Our engineer stated that the firmware of the DG-200 has a bug when it comes to reporting the correct message. For that reason, they will revise the firmware. I will keep you posted for new updates.

Thank you for understanding.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 12:02:00 pm »

Please download the latest version (1.1.16) of this program from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dg200toolbox/

DeeGee

• Regular Members
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

A great piece of software - well done and thanks.

I've noticed one bug (I think!) when I try to use DG-200 toolbox to set the configuration - there seems to be a difference (factor of 10) between what's set on the DG-200 unit when I use DataCenter as compared with DG-200 Toolbox to disable logging when the speed falls below a threshold; e.g. :
 - set to disable logging if speed falls below 5km/hr in DataCenter, then the speed shows as 1km/hr in DG-200 Toolbox config dialog box (i.e the minimum integer)
 - set to disable if speed falls below 50km/kr in DataCenter then this appears as 5km/hr in DG-200 toolbox config settings
and conversely
 - set speed at 8km/hr in DG-200 Toolbox, this appears as 80km/hr in DataCenter config dialog box
 - set speed at 1km/hr in DG-200 Toolbox, this appears as 10km/hr in DataCenter config dialog box

Any suggestions, please?

pixelk

• Regular Members
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »

Oh I never noticed that (I don't use speed threshold myself).
I think I fixed that behavihour in this beta : DG200Toolbox 1.1.18, could you test it and tell me if it's ok ?

DeeGee

• Regular Members
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 03:26:39 pm »

Yep, that's fixed it!  :)  It works fine now, many thanks!

pixelk

• Regular Members
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 12:02:23 am »

Thank you for your feedback DeeGee, I uploaded this version to Sourceforge, making it the latest official revision.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »

Also, tested the latest version of the Toolbox program with configuring the disable logging speed. It works properly!

Thanks for fixing and improving this software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 19 queries.