To enable the Trickle Mode in the device, you can possibly follow the instructions below:
1. Download the SiRFDemo program: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/downloads/SiRFDemo387.zip
2. Extract the file and install the application.
3. Connect the engine module.
4. Open up the software.
5. Select the proper com port and baud rate.
6. Go to Action > Open Data Source.
7. Next, go to Action > Switch to SiRF Protocol.
8. If you see scrolling data in the Response View window, it means the board is in SiRF Mode.
9. Go to Action > Set Low Power (Trickle Power).
10. The Low Power window should come up.
11. Select TricklePower under Mode.
12. You should be able to see the other fields not grayed anymore.
13. change the other settings as you prefer.
14. Click the Send button once you're done.
Note: Be sure not to click on anything else in this software, as you can render your device unusable. Moreover, the device will return to its default settings once the internal battery drains when it is removed from power.