USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware whishes and requests  (Read 10581 times)

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
Firmware whishes and requests
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:04:34 am »

Hi Globalsat-Team,

it would be fine, if you can implement the field heartrate in % HFmax (%HF) in the page-setup.
Is this possible?

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

partyman66

Re: Firmware whishes and requests
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:49:13 pm »

I would like to see:

1) An option to disable error correction in the heartbeat monitor algorithm
2) A feature where you can change the number of data points that are used to calculate your current pace (I feel like there is something like a 30-50 data point window used for this by default).  Sometimes when I stop after my run, and walk around for a few minutes, it takes about 2 or 3 minutes during my cooldown before the current pace (as indicated by the watch) drops down from a 25 minute/mile pace to the actual speed I'm running during that cooldown(usually like an 8:00 mile).

gerhard

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »

I am mostly copying from a previous post:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=3794.msg11035#msg11035

Bugs:
 * Distance calculation, still slightly too long.
 * Lap is displayed too short time
 * No notion of Pauses in the recorded data
 * Distance is increased when pausing.
 * No points inserted when pausing. When resetting and connecting to PC, there is a last point inserted, but at the last known position.
 * When you are indoor mode, watch ask yes/no confirmation to start because there is not GPS fix. This is annoing bug. If you are indoor, you don't use GPS (Rookie)
 * When you use indoor mode + Distance based lap trigger, any distance baced calculations won't work even you hit lap button after each lap. For example distance is not showed on display (Rookie)
 * calories-calculation is wrong if nor HRM-belt is wearn (Longjog)

Wishlist:
 * Different screen rendering, increasing font. I have a hard time see the device in rain and dusk.
 * Pace-last-km as in some 625M beta firmware
 * Hide time-of-day and GPS info screens - too many screens to cycle
 * ArrowDown while PowerOn to reset Sat cache (ephemeris)
 * Easier access detail GPS info screen
 * GPS accuracy fields: No of sat, accuracy in meters (feet for imperial)
 * HR current lap

* Bike mode: Some settings for pace/speed fields and data recording should be different run/bike.
 * I would prefer to turn the screen when biking so the antenna face up when biking.

* TrackBack mode has no time info, see if you are behind/after. (This can kindof be handled with Trainer function.)
 * Workouts could be improved - this could be expanded on
 * Activate indoor mode to GYM menu (Rookie)
 * Distance based lap trigger setup under GYM-Indoor menu. That allow you configure lap based trigger same time when you turn indoor mode on (Rookie)
 * HRM-function selectable enable / disable (Longjog)
 * show HRM in % or bpm selectable (Longjog)

120316: added bugs and whishes from Rookie
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:58:38 am by Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter »

partyman66

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 06:57:36 pm »

Oh... I almost forgot one of the most important things that I would love to see on a future version of the firmware, if possible, would be some sort of way to lock the watch so that the pause button doesn't accidentally get hit during a workout and stop the watch from recording the rest of the workout(I've had this happen to me twice so far, once while just running normally, and then once while vaulting over a fence while on a run).  Perhaps this could be accomplished by having the operator press 2 buttons which are located on different sides of the watch at the same time in order to enter and exit that lock mode.  For example, by pressing the ESC\Lap button (upper left corner of watch) and the Arrow-down button (lower right side of watch).  It would be ideal if such a lockout feature was enabled that it still left the backlight feature functional and also possibly the ability to switch between display screens in case the runner wants to switch between a screen.  For me the only real problem is that I occasionally hit the PAUSE button by accident, so that's the main button I'd love to be able to lockout during a run.

zingo

• zingo.org
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 07:52:05 pm »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:11:31 am »

Can we please drop this thread?
Lining up 50 good suggestions in a row makes it impossible to keep track on all on the discussions they deserve. Some will disappear among all the others and when you try to find them, or some interesting point someone has made after a month or so it's impossible to find them in all the pages and posts.
I suggest a new subforum or at least different posts for them in "suggestions to optimize...folder"

best regards
Anders

canadien

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:13:47 am »

I already thought about that Anders. I am looking for a survey external website where people can post their whishes and others user can vote for the most wanted request. So we will end up with a prority request (most wanted request in the top).

If someone can recommand a good free survey website, please let me know.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:54:12 am by canadien »

gerhard

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:58:29 pm »

If someone can recommand a good free survey website, please let me know.

Any bug report system will do. There should be a moderator that rejects, merges and resolves. Some type of auth too, to avoid skewing/spamming.
Many bug report systems are based on BugZilla. It allows public/private access. So GlobalSat could provide a system they use themselves.
A really simple system that Google Code should work too.

canadien

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

Do you know a good one among these:
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/9-free-and-open-source-bug-tracking-softwares/

One that also has a good setup to manage request? I would really want to have a system where priority list is displayed according to the popularity of each request (in a vote like system but not corrupted like the russian system ;-).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:17:02 pm by canadien »

gerhard

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 06:11:44 pm »

Do you know a good one among these:
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/9-free-and-open-source-bug-tracking-softwares/

One that also has a good setup to manage request? I would really want to have a system where priority list is displayed according to the popularity of each request (in a vote like system but not corrupted like the russian system ;-).
Any of those will do the job (and more)
The question is to find an open service.
Those I have have used have been related to open source services. It makes sense to relate the bug tracking and source repositories, it is not common to only run a bug tracking system. But it can be more of a burden then help for Globalsat to open a subset of their bugtrack database to the public.
A Russian system where some users vote many times on a certain candidate is still better than no voting at all.

canadien

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:51 am »

A Russian system where some users vote many times on a certain candidate is still better than no voting at all.

I understand you on that one...

... will ask to Geoffrey to follow up this thread.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 06:15:26 am »

canadien

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 09:40:31 am »

Ok, thanks. But I am unable to reach Geoffrey for his acceptance.

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:28 am »

Couple addition.

Bug.
*When you are indoor mode, watch ask yes/no confirmation to start because there is not GPS fix. This is annoing bug. If you are indoor, you don't use GPS
*When you use indoor mode + Distance based lap trigger, any distance baced calculations won't work even you hit lap button after each lap. For example distance is not showed on display.

Wishlist.
*Activate indoor mode to GYM menu.
*Distance based lap trigger setup under GYM-Indoor menu. That allow you configure lap based trigger same time when you turn indoor mode on.

Rookie

Alain51170

• Regular Members
    • MTB and RAID Nature - France -
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

Hello ..
I am using very often the watch and really happy with.. but as a wish..
- smart track : scale erased by track!!
- smart track need a way to rename recorded track (memorized into the watch as favorite)
- Training Pro : fix map display issue
- watch lock sometime..
.. Thanks for all. Alain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 20 queries.