USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware whishes and requests  (Read 11526 times)

jmicanovelles

Re: Firmware whishes and requests
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 09:01:09 am »

Cicling:
Mountanbike, 57,76 Km
85% forest roads
+1215/-1220 Acumulated altitud
Calories 3207 ...??? Too much No?
Sporttracks 1221...???
gh-625xt
firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231.GHX

partyman66

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 03:09:04 pm »

-Larger data-entry textfield in Training Gym Pro.  I'm forever being cut short when trying to describe my workout by the character limit of the text area in TGP.

canadien

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 10:36:34 am »

...and redmine, being recommended in the discussions
Do you know a good one among these:
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/9-free-and-open-source-bug-tracking-softwares/

www.redmine.org
Hi Anders,

It is what you recommend us? Somewhere else you spoke about docky. Please tell us what is the best for us:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/08/bug-tracking-system/
I like request tracker interface http://bestpractical.com/rt/screenshots.html
but bugzilla, trac and mantis seem popular...

But if no particular preference we can go redmine.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:09:42 am by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:33:56 am »

...and redmine, being recommended in the discussions
Do you know a good one among these:
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/9-free-and-open-source-bug-tracking-softwares/

www.redmine.org
Hi Anders,

It is what you recommend us? Somewhere else you spoke about docky. Please tell us what is the best for us:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/08/bug-tracking-system/
I like request tracker interface http://bestpractical.com/rt/screenshots.html
but bugzilla, trac and mantis seem popular...

But if no particular preference we can go redmine.

Well my experience inthis field is very limited. Have come across bugzilla and trac which seems to work fine. Had a quick look at redmine now and it seems fine. Guess what we're loking for is something that can manage bugreports and featurerequests, right? Bestpractical I have never seen but judging from the screenshots it seems fine.
Is this by the way your own initiative Canadien or something that Globalsat endorse? Oh, and then the pessimist: is it really needed? If the only reason is featurerequest we could just make a new subforum in the existing one and that would keep all ideas on the same place. Well maybe there is a point. I haven't really read the forumrules. My guess is that people using the forum is quite open to the idea of open source and intellectual property. If GS claim ownership of ideas discussed in here then that itself should be a reason of external discussion. :-)

Have a good day!

Best regards
Anders

canadien

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 06:01:07 am »

Well I am waiting for gssport answer but I sure don't want to scan and every post that contains requests like I did for gb6580. So I don't see the advantage of a subforum unless I am not sure to understand what would be the inner difference with this one? Requests will be lost anyway in the amount os posts,no? Or someone will have to manage this subforum to only keep the ideas/features request and make sure that they are properly organized and easy to consult.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:07 am »

I do definetely understand that you can't repeat the work in the 580folder. My suggestion with a subforum is only that it gets obvious that every thread deals with one specific request. :-)

I'm up for any solution that is not bundling everything together.

Best r
Anders

canadien

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »

My suggestion with a subforum is only that it gets obvious that every thread deals with one specific request. :-)

Of course. But from my experience following request comments or posts will add or remove to the initial request. But yes, a sub-forum will resemble much to the bug software. So, in the end, one or the other...

As I understand TWG_TECH4 as been replace with TWG_TECH8 on the forum. Hope he will soon gave us his insight on that matter...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:00:15 pm by canadien »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:23 pm »

Hummm....yes Geoffrey has been away a long while, right?
Maybe it's time for the forumusers to set up a company of our own soon.  :)

Anders

canadien

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 04:35:00 pm »

lol... why not.

I heard that the idea interest them. The reason why they don't give much news is because they are overloaded with ODM project.

As soon as it calm down they should come here and give us the details about the sub forum management or bug tracking software.

In the meantime USG_TECH10 will give us a helping hand and will assure the Globalsat support until then.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:37:22 pm by canadien »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 02:44:40 pm »

Hello All,

Sorry for the wait everyone. Been busy with so many things. Thank you for understanding.

In order to keep this topic up and running, I was wondering if anyone has further suggestions or recommendations for the GH-625XT? Any firmware wishes/requests/bugs that you would like to add/point out?

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 05:08:40 am »

Wishlist:
1)   In "INTERVAL TRAINING" it is necessary the addition of "RUN SPEED/TIME" feature, with alerts when exiting from selected speed range.
2)   It would be very useful to have an additional pace (real Instant Pace), calculated as for SPEED, making the average pace on a very short distance, or at least add the option to display the SPEED also in Min*km.
3)   Again in (Pace or Instant Pace) add the ability to choose the size of the range applying the smoothing of the data for the detection of Pace (currently 600m. as described here).
4)   To conserve battery power, I would like to have the opportunity, through the long press button or Combobuttons to deactivate the GPS reception, maintaining the possibility of exploration of the menus.
5)   Streamline the menus that are shown, depending on what you are performing. Example: It makes no sense during a race I can connect the watch to PC or upgrade the firmware or reset to factory default, or schedule a next training session. All this makes uncomfortable the menus navigation.
6)   Currently when you press a button during the display of a pop-up (PAUSE-START-LAP SPLIT), it simply closes the pop-up and doesn't carries out its function. This can be considered useful, or not ... I personally think it might be useful if you are eventually navigating in the menus, but not during the classical view of data regarding running, I find it difficult when I have to quickly press multiple keys, eg: Stop/Start or Lap/Stop, and every time I have to visually check if I pressed the button to use its function or I just close pop-up.

BUGS:
1)   In "INTERVAL TRAINING" during the execution of a workout, the remaining time is not displayed correctly when it exceeds the duration of 1 hour.

Thanks for your consideration!!!!!

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 05:28:22 am »

wishlist:
  • as above; one idea-one thread in order to keep the discussions tidy.

Many requests pop up several times but tend not to be properly discussed. I know, I've been grumping a lot about this but it's because I find it important.

@wincenT: good spotting on the bug. :-)    Point nr 5 sounds interesting! Agree with the aother points too.

/Anders, the evil forumcleaner

canadien

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 10:57:48 am »

I will repost 2 little requests:

Having an option to reset gps right when powering up the device: GPS fix is always instantaneous when it get reset, even if it's stormy weather with big black clouds and heavy rains. When it rush to find ephemeris it can be quite long. There was posts about that with Geoffrey and agreed with that.

-------

Cleaning users pages: Having the possibility to show user page(s) I don't want or use, as well as the location page (this part could be include in user page setting instead, so one can choose to display it or not). Same for the hour page (could be include in user page setting instead, so one can choose to display it or not).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:56:16 am by canadien »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Firmware wishes and requests
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »

Hello All,

Thanks for your continuing effort in sharing valuable suggestions. We welcome any input, bad or good.

Any additional suggestions, everyone?

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 09:12:21 am »

I would add to my Wishlist to strengthen what is already said by someone else in some other thread:
7 )    Add the ability to have "Lap-to-GPSPoint", which would be useful on a circular path;
8 )    Increase readability, increasing the font size and arrange the elements differently.
Currently the time of day is difficult to read during a race, so it would be better to have the opportunity to include it among the other data displayed in custom pages.
An example would be this:

The font height would increase from 16 to 20 pixel.

THX again.
WincenT.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:23:17 am by WincenT »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 20 queries.