USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware whishes and requests  (Read 9171 times)

canadien

Re: Firmware whishes and requests
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 10:04:45 am »

Ľou mean go back to the old interface...?

Now that we are all accustomed to the new one?   ;D

Well I think most will prefer the actual one.

We had discussion little about display here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=109.120
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:30:43 am by canadien »

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 03:23:07 pm »

Undoubtedly having the data to the four corners, returns better perceptiveness but perhaps worse exploits space.
Personally I would just like a larger font.  :D
So if you prefer might be also something like this .......

canadien

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »

Yes I am in for bigger fonts in square format!  :)

Rookie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 03:41:22 pm »

Undoubtedly having the data to the four corners, returns better perceptiveness but perhaps worse exploits space.

Both New and New2 are better than current view. In current view there is wasted display lot because of poor layout.

Rookie

canadien

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 07:08:19 pm »

7 )    Add the ability to have "Lap-to-GPSPoint", which would be useful on a circular path;

Yes lap by point is simply magic. This and the option to select the diameter of the point is, IMO, necessary.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:14 am »

Both New and New2 are better than current view. In current view there is wasted display lot because of poor layout.

Rookie
Agree as well. Bigger figures has been on the board before. Would be nice.
I like the way you moved the units (bpm) to the same line as HR etc. in "NEW2"  :-)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:42:55 am by AndersBrontosaurus »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 03:24:23 am »

7 )    Add the ability to have "Lap-to-GPSPoint", which would be useful on a circular path;

Yes lap by point is simply magic. This and the option to select the diameter of the point is, IMO, necessary.
You mean setting it already before starting the run? There is a manual version to do this while running already, which Zingo was involved in, isn't it? Or was this on the 625?

activity>setting>lapsetting =by point.

...by the way...since I'm so into buttonfiddling couldn't it be a good idea to make:

lapbutton:
short press- normal lap
long press - lap by gpspoint

Then you wouldn't have to go into the activitymenu just to change lapmaking.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:46:51 am by AndersBrontosaurus »

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:07 am »

... couldn't it be a good idea to make:

lapbutton:
short press- normal lap

I think it's a very good idea.

You mean setting it already before starting the run? There is a manual version to do this while running already, which Zingo was involved in, isn't it? Or was this on the 625?

activity>setting>lapsetting =by point.

Thx for revelation, I did not know yet.
I'd have more questions about it, but in accordance with what you often advised, it seemed right open another topic here, for not clog up this topic used for other purposes.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:55:25 am by WincenT »

canadien

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:12 am »

You don't have choice to set your lap by point when starting the run but you can't change the perimeter of the lap-by-point.

It would be useful to set it according to your desire: 5 -10 -15 -20- 25meters...of diameter.

... couldn't it be a good idea to make:

lapbutton:
short press- normal lap

Yes it's a good idea for faster shortcut. May I add long press ok button at the beginning to set the lap-by-point at your departure.

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 03:24:53 pm »

Yes it's a good idea for faster shortcut. May I add long press ok button at the beginning to set the lap-by-point at your departure.

Also this, surely, very useful!  ;D

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:00 pm »

Not that it is a big difference between starting with longpressing startbutton or pressing start and then longpressing lap though. :-)

When it comes to the diameter, personally I don't know how low you can go without risking to miss the lappoint. :-)

canadien

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »

Not that it is a big difference between starting with longpressing startbutton or pressing start and then longpressing lap though. :-)
... and you have unwanted lap? That way I prefer the actual procedure.

When it comes to the diameter, personally I don't know how low you can go without risking to miss the lappoint. :-)
Depend where you are running. Trackfield is not like in nature. On a trackfield you want to have the smallest perimeter as possible cause you want your lap to be as near as where you started (not 25 meter away from your departure). The opposite is valid for larger area. Roger c has already proposed the same while ice skating in circle surface.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:27:40 pm by canadien »

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 03:42:36 am »

Longpress START and  longpress LAP would be both useful and can coexist.

On a trackfield you want to have the smallest perimeter as possible cause you want your lap to be as near as where you started (not 25 meter away from your departure). The opposite is valid for larger area. Roger c has already proposed the same while ice skating in circle surface.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly :-\, but Lap_Time and Lap_Point might be more accurate if calculated in this way.

But for the lap time you should expect to be left out of the area determined by the desired diameter.
You could have a first acoustic signal at point A (with a pop-up indicating you have reached the LapGPSPoint), and the calculated Lap_Time to point B.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:58:54 am by WincenT »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 06:14:24 am »

... and you have unwanted lap? That way I prefer the actual procedure.
True. You get unwanted laps. (Personally i sometimes start with pressing "lap" since I don't want laps to start on zero (as on very old discussion)

Longpress START and  longpress LAP would be both useful and can coexist.
Agree. :-)

canadien

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 08:08:59 am »

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly :-\, but Lap_Time and Lap_Point might be more accurate if calculated in this way.
In your exemple there is no such thing as B when you get out of the perimeter.

For instance on a 400m lane of a trackfield, I want the perimeter to be 1 to 5 meters. So every time I'll pass near my starting line, a new lap will be added. If I keep having 25m (fictive) perimeter my lap will be trigger at 375 meters for the first lap and all other laps will have 400m but will all be 25m before the starting line.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 19 queries.