USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware whishes and requests  (Read 9130 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: Firmware whishes and requests
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 08:27:20 am »

is there  possibility to code that the watch can understand when you stop getting closer and closer to the point and make the lap then?
at work now. Can try to make a sketch when i'm home if i'm unclear.

Anders

canadien

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 08:34:20 am »

I also thought about that once.

The watch check when you pass near by the original point and deduce the time and position when you were at the closest to this point.

A little more complicated to do but will generate more precision.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2012, 10:11:30 am »

Thanks. That was a better explanation.  :)

canadien

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 11:59:31 am »

Thanks. That was a better explanation.  :)
...not that much  ::) ;D

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 04:39:55 am »

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly :-\, but Lap_Time and Lap_Point might be more accurate if calculated in this way.
In your exemple there is no such thing as B when you get out of the perimeter.

For instance on a 400m lane of a trackfield, I want the perimeter to be 1 to 5 meters. So every time I'll pass near my starting line, a new lap will be added. If I keep having 25m (fictive) perimeter my lap will be trigger at 375 meters for the first lap and all other laps will have 400m but will all be 25m before the starting line.

Yes, now Point B is not considered.
 With few lines of code added in the firmware, could be contemplated.

gerhard

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 03:55:28 pm »

Suggestions here still holds:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4136.msg12095#msg12095

Some clarifications:

Layout: The nice display is not used in a good way.
Make numbers bigger is most important - I have problem seeing the numbers.
It seems like I run a lot in dusk and rain (still loving it.)

Will not comment on the individual suggestions previously, several combined:
* Remove black borders above/below in Chrono mode. Time/charge could be visible in Time-of-day. Custom 1 or so I do not need to see at all. GB-580 is better here.
* Normally use max 3 numbers for digits. Maybe pace should be 4. I could live with that also for pace, pace slower than 10 min/mile is unreliable anyway (I use km, even better). Seeing 11:30 or 11,5 /km is not a problem.
* Much small/abbreviate content label - I know what I have added anyway.
* Much smaller units, I know what they are (only reason to see them at all is that I may want to be sure that I have set min/km and not min/mile).

Improve distance calculation.

Pauses: The Globalsat protocol has no notion of pauses. It is therefore impossible to merge with other data if you have paused, intentionally, auto-pause or bumped the buttons.
Suggestion: Use the PwrCadence field to include the total time in seconds between two points.
I would rather use a special point with illegal GPS, but existing applications may not handle this.

Always add points at pauses. Will improve pause handling, as well as the annoying bug with no point added at end but at reset connecting to PC.

Some shortcut to GPS Info etc as suggested in thread started by AndersBrontosaurus

Accuracy data field

Hybrid Recording (start without GPS) as in the gb580

---
Regarding lap at point: I advise against that. Just the discussion here shows that this is more difficult than you may expect.
I have tried to use the functionality in another device but have given up: GPS is not precise enough for a track and it is to cumbersome to set up for trails.
I instead got involved with a SportTracks plugin to analyze trails based on GPS positions: Trails. (I do not want to think of all hours I have spent on the detection algorithm.)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »

Thanks, everyone!

I'll go ahead and forward these additional ideas to our engineers.

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 03:05:09 am »

I already thought about that Anders. I am looking for a survey external website where people can post their whishes and others user can vote for the most wanted request. So we will end up with a prority request (most wanted request in the top).

If someone can recommand a good free survey website, please let me know.
No news on this?

partyman66

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 06:25:25 pm »

I wanted to mention one more potentially fixable firmware anomaly that has caused me some problems.

I have my watch configured to beep at certain splits... usually each mile, but sometimes less.  There have been several times where I finish a run right as the interval warning beep occurs, and while that beep occurs there is about a 1 to 2 second window of time in which all button pushes on the watch are ignored.  When this happens at the end of a run, sometimes I don't notice that my button push was not picked up by the watch for a minute or 2 after I finished my run, and the watch timer keeps going since it never recorded me pushing the STOP button on the side of the watch.

It would be helpful if the firmware could be updated so that button pushes are not ignored if they occur at the same time as the interval warning/beep time.

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »

Yes, it should be certainly revised, now if you press any button during the display of a pop-up, this does not carry out its function.... it close only the popup.
The same problem occurs when you press "stop" and "start" immediately after. Pushing the restart does not perform its function but only closes the "pause" pop-up, so if you do not check visually the display, the execution remains paused.  :(
Someone has an idea about the waiting time for the release of the new firmware. ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:13:23 pm by WincenT »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 12:12:09 pm »

Hello All,

Thank you for your additional comments and sorry for the delay. For a quick update, the firmware for the GH-625XT wll be officially released soon.

We thanks all of you for your patience and understanding.

German-User

• Regular Members
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »

Hello all,
I have also some wishes  ;D

1. If you save the track in the App "GS-Sport Training Gym Pro" with Files -> Save, then the name of the track should be the same as in the watch, e.g. 2012-9-30... Now the App saves the name like: GS-Sport Training Gym Pro-[Username]-120930

2. It would be very pretty, if you can mark the last waypoint also with an ending-image. Now only the start is marked with a red balloon. If you can transfer these start- and end-images also to google earth, it would be great. Now nothing is transfered.

3. The german translation of the watch functions are very  bad  :-[ Perhaps, I can help you with the translation?

Thats all  ;D 8)

Thanks from Germany.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »

Hello,

Thanks for your first two suggestions. Will go ahead and forward those to our engineers.

As for the German translation of the watch function, please check your email for our response.

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:36 am »

Any news about waiting time for realising new firmware?
first, will be released any beta version?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:12:53 am by WincenT »

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2012, 07:45:04 am »

Yes. What about that beta that never was released?

Anders
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 20 queries.