USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DG100 and kml file query  (Read 1186 times)

XVV

DG100 and kml file query
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:01:41 am »

I have recently re-installed the DG100 software [version 1106231] to my PC.

I am able to download data from the DG100 and view it OK within the program, but when the data is exported to a .kml file and then viewed via Google Earth [version 6.2.1.6014] the individual track points show a speed category of "ude(feet)". And, when the Tour option is selected, Google Earth spins to a position around mid-Africa (where a solid red line divides Africa) then zooms into a position close to the sea and tours indefinitely in an Easterly direction across the sea.

When the list of track points were viewed in GlobalSat's Data Logger software the speed rating was shown correctly as "mph".

However, when the data was read from the DG100 by DGManager software [version 1.0.3309] and the data Saved to a kml file - the correct rating "mph" is shown in Google Earth and a Tour zooms to the start track point and follows the route correctly.

It would appear that the data recorded by the DG100 is fine but the export to kml routine has a problem.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: DG100 and kml file query
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »

I have recently re-installed the DG100 software [version 1106231] to my PC.
Can you please uninstall this program, restart your computer, and reinstall this program (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/25/datalogger_setup.zip)? Please check if you still get the same results.

I am able to download data from the DG100 and view it OK within the program, but when the data is exported to a .kml file and then viewed via Google Earth [version 6.2.1.6014] the individual track points show a speed category of "ude(feet)". And, when the Tour option is selected, Google Earth spins to a position around mid-Africa (where a solid red line divides Africa) then zooms into a position close to the sea and tours indefinitely in an Easterly direction across the sea.
Can you please provide some screenshots of that issue in Google Earth? Also, can you please send us the kmil file you're referring to this email (support@usglobalsat.com)?

However, when the data was read from the DG100 by DGManager software [version 1.0.3309] and the data Saved to a kml file - the correct rating "mph" is shown in Google Earth and a Tour zooms to the start track point and follows the route correctly.
Moreover, we're not familiar with the DGManager Software? Can you provide some info/specs about it? Also, some screenshots would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:09:50 pm by USG_TECH10 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 19 queries.