USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Extra Mounts and Wrist Strap  (Read 6844 times)

foo_fighter

• Regular Members
Re: Extra Mounts and Wrist Strap
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 04:46:07 pm »

I was able to order 4 extra mounts from usglobalsat.com.

I even tried to zip tie one to an extra wrist watch velcro strap that I had....but it sits much higher that in the picture above and makes it unwieldly(flops around too much.)

canadien

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:12:37 pm »

You could try to cut a slot in the mount with a dremel (I like to dremel things :D) and pass a sport watch wrist band into it. Then it would not be that high.

How did you make yours: any pics?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:16:26 pm by canadien »

foo_fighter

• Regular Members
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 12:27:29 am »

That's not a bad suggestion but it won't help that much. It's very tall:

Maybe I'll just strap it to my backpack strap when hiking.
Your band is very flat which helps a lot.

You could try to cut a slot in the mount with a dremel (I like to dremel things :D) and pass a sport watch wrist band into it. Then it would not be that high.

How did you make yours: any pics?

canadien

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:08 am »

lol! I must admit it does look strange. My idea would only help to gain 2 or 3 mm. Not much difference.

Even with the strap you feel the device a little towards the front. Has anyone contacted Gs-sport taiwan to see if this item
got into productions and is available or not?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 12:01:28 pm »

Hi canadien,

Regarding the wrist strap, please refer to this posting: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4206.msg12424#msg12424

canadien

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:09 pm »

Ok sorry I missed this one :-X

gerhard

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »

First: Having a wrist strap will make the product more unique and will drive sales.
As for instance the 625XT can be used for runners that occasionally bikes, the 580P can be used by bikers that occasionally runs.
I have used it while running too, to get better elevation profiles. I also like the big screen, the 625XT is too small for me. The 580 uses the big screen better too (no black borders). For me, the height/width could be bigger.

However, the current design will not be a 5 star product. The device is simply too thick to be used comfortable on the wrist.
I tried limiting the height using a ziptie to tie it to the velcro, but it is still to thick (and not reliable enough to use!). See picture:

Drilling holes in the socket (also turning the device) and use threads to tie the velcro will be better, but I do not know if it is usable.
I may try it in the
Another issue is the device software. Distance calculation seem to be optimized to (surprise) biking, not running. This is another reason to have optimized run/bike modes.
The GPS reception in my pocket may not be the best, but it will not be much different to the wrist. The antenna seem to be less sensitive than wrist devices (sats need more time to synch for instance). Not a problem biking as I have more preparation time there, but it is annoying when running. (The 625XT synchs while tieing shoes).

But if the considerations are considered for next product, it could be a killer product.
In my opinion, the low-end GPS market will get very serious competition from smart phones, at least when wrist companions are more common. The features need to be unique.

canadien

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »

In my opinion, the low-end GPS market will get very serious competition from smart phones, at least when wrist companions are more common. The features need to be unique.
I agree with that. And there will be a lot of competition from Asian market as well, so unique should be the prime word.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »

After double-checking with our engineers about the wrist strap, they do not plan to add this item at this point. We are truly sorry that we are unable to provide this accessory because of the high MOQ request (1k pieces) by the vendor.

However, the current design will not be a 5 star product. The device is simply too thick to be used comfortable on the wrist.
I tried limiting the height using a ziptie to tie it to the velcro, but it is still to thick (and not reliable enough to use!). See picture:

Drilling holes in the socket (also turning the device) and use threads to tie the velcro will be better, but I do not know if it is usable.
I may try it in the
Another issue is the device software. Distance calculation seem to be optimized to (surprise) biking, not running. This is another reason to have optimized run/bike modes.
The GPS reception in my pocket may not be the best, but it will not be much different to the wrist. The antenna seem to be less sensitive than wrist devices (sats need more time to synch for instance). Not a problem biking as I have more preparation time there, but it is annoying when running. (The 625XT synchs while tieing shoes).

But if the considerations are considered for next product, it could be a killer product.
Will go ahead and inform our engineers about these suggestions.

goodsonr

• Regular Members
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 06:22:37 pm »

I too would like to purchase extra mounts - and the (canadian) online sources don't seem to have them.

Did you just contact them via e-mail (as I don't see anything on the web page).

Thanks very much

ron

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 11:19:20 am »

As of now, we don't have any extra bike mounts available. We may have some by late August or so (actually, no exact date yet).

If you live in Europe, you could possibly contact Longjog at our Germany Service Center. Please refer here for the contact info: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1573.0

baccilus

• Regular Members
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 09:45:02 pm »

Is the wrist strap still unavailable? And can the Garmin speed/cadence sensor be used with the GB 580P?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 12:53:58 pm »

Unfortunately, it's still unavailable. However, I can confirm to make sure.

Regarding the Garmin speed/cadence sensor, I will check to see if you can make it work with the GB-580.

Will keep you posted.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 03:20:10 am »

ANT+ compatible sensors should work with GB-580P.
My firend has a GH-505 and this one works with his Garmin combines Speed/Cadence-sensor also.

Best regards
Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58:04 am »

As Longjog stated, the ANT+ compatible sensors should work with the GB-580P. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 20 queries.