USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: instant pace in gh-625xt  (Read 8547 times)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: instant pace in gh-625xt
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 12:48:54 pm »

Hello WincenT,

Regarding your problem, just wondering, what would you suggest in order to improve this? What do you recommend?

Perhaps, you can post your firmware wishes and requests for the GH-625XT here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4136.0

canadien

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:18 pm »

I would not be surprised that part of this issue found it's counterpart in the virtual partner problem: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4278.msg12725#msg12725
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:09:39 pm by canadien »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 01:44:07 pm »

Thanks canadien. Let me go ahead and look into this issue.

Panda

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »

Greetings! I just got my 625xt today and love it so far. But I have to say that the 'pace' display gave me quite a surprise. Then I found this forum/thread.

I ran today on the road and whenever I came to a stop waiting for road cross signal, the pace value shown will gradually (and really slowly) increase while I am not moving at all. It looks like it is averaging over the last several minutes.

I too, wish that the pace display could be more instant. Averaging over last 10, 20 or even 30 seconds should be fine but minutes seems too long. I understand that GPS technology is not at the accuracy level that can give true instant pace value but from the track log in Gym Pro it seems that the device samples GPS location with a 2-second interval most of the time. 20s then is enough for 10 sampling points and should give a good pace/speed calculation.

The old GPS watch I used has a 'pace average' option that let user choose how much pace averaging is done and it works rather well ( I always use 'average less' though).

Also as Vincent pointed out, the 'speed' is rather instant already. In its simplest form the 'instant pace' could be just (60/speed), however the speed is calculated now. This should be trivial to do.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:28 pm »

Hello Panda,

Welcome to the forums! Good to hear that you enjoyed using the GH-625XT.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion. Let me go ahead and pass this on to our engineers. Thanks.

zahoulio32

for the gh-625xt gps watch
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 01:37:54 pm »

hey Vinc you should really check on this website http://www.memoryc.com/gps-navigation/fitness-gps/gps-fitness-training-watch-heart-rate-monitor-training-software-bike-mount-gh625xt.html and also if you live in europe and you have a valid vat number you can enter it in the form and get TAX DISCOUNT!!!  :D :D :D :D I bought my gh-625m from memoryc with a discount from 115e to 92 e (+ 5 e for transport expenses) !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.