USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faulty Unit?  (Read 1802 times)

Garnett-Devon

Faulty Unit?
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:21:55 am »

Hi

I have a ND100-s bought at Christmas. I have had it running on my netbook (eee pc running on XP) for canal navigation.

I have just had to do a system rebuild. I have tried downloading drivers and software from this site but have got rather confused. I can't get the dongle to recognise on a com port. This morning I unistalled everything and copied the contents of the CD that came with it to a flash and tried a new instalation. Again I get the sotware with map but nothing on any com port. I get a steady blue light on the dongle but it doesn't appear to recognise it when I plug in (no noise or new software detected)

I have tried puging it in her at work (without drivers as restricted). I get a blue light but it still does not recognise it as a new piece of hardware. I have pried both direct conection and on the extension lead.

Any suggestions to get the PC to recognise this unit?

Thanks

Garnett

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Faulty Unit?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:11:25 pm »

First, we need to confirm whether you have the driver installed or not, please follow the instructions below:

To check if you have it installed, do this by going to Control Panel > Programs. Scroll down the list of the programs and verify if you see the PL2303 USB-to-Serial. If it's installed, highlight the said program and click Uninstall. Once the driver is removed, turn off your computer and wait for a few minutes. Power up your computer and download this driver: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/590/windows_allinone_usb_driver_v130.zip). Make sure to extract the file first before installing the driver.

If the driver is not in the list of Programs, just directly download the driver.

Plug in the device with the provided extension cable and check the Device Manager. You can do this by right-clicking on Computer > Manage > Computer Management > System Tools > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > Prolific to USB Serial Comm Port (COMXX).

To test your device, please download the ND-100S GPS Test Utility: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/590/nd-100_gps_test_setup.zip). Open it up and extract it. Bring your computer outside where there is clear access to the sky and there are no tall buildings or trees around that area.

In the said utility, select the correct com port, choose the appropriate baud rate, and press the Connect button. You should see some scrolling data on the Terminal window. Also, check if the blue light is blinking.

Let me know how it goes.

Garnett-Devon

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:59:34 pm »

Hi

Still struggling.

I don;t show any comm ports showing. I have tried adding them manually but they come up with a yellow mark indicating no driver. I have uninsulated and reinstalled several times. Scan com port finds nothing although the added ports are now an option but they don't allow connection. the connect button works with no port selected but crashes if a start up mode is selected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Garnett

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:44 pm »

If there is a yellow exclamation mark besides Prolific, it means the driver is not properly installed. So, you need to uninstall the driver manually and restart the computer afterwards. Before doing so, you need to have the ND-100S disconnected from the computer. After you have disconnected the unit, please do the uninstall process again by following the instructions below:

Go to Control Panel > Programs. Scroll down the list of the programs and select the PL2303 USB-to-Serial. Then, click Uninstall. Once the driver is removed, restart your computer.
Once the computer rebooted, download this driver: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/590/windows_allinone_usb_driver_v130.zip). Make sure to extract the file first before installing the driver. After you have successfully installed the driver, restart your computer.

Plug in the unit to another USB port directly (not to any USB hub) along with the provided extension cable. Then, it should automatically install the drivers and assign a com port.

Keep us posted about this.

Garnett-Devon

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:23:22 pm »

Hi

Followed instructions but there are no com ports to select from in the software.

I get no plug and play whatever I plug into. No problem with other USB devices

Any ideas?

Thanks

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:29:23 pm »

This is quite strange. I was wondering if we could do a GoToMeeting session tomorrow where I could remotely access your computer and help you troubleshoot the issue that you're having. Basically, we're open from 8:30AM to 5:00PM PST. Please let me know what time would be good for you tomorrow to do this troubleshooting. Please send an email to support@usglobalsat.com for the time that you're available.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:32:52 pm by USG_TECH10 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 19 queries.