USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests next release (compared to v1.02 F-GGB-2O-1201051)  (Read 13999 times)

emtoonst

• Regular Members
Re: Feature requests next release (compared to v1.02 F-GGB-2O-1201051)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 02:27:14 am »

I think that the temperature doesn't have to be a decimal fraction like 30.28 degree Celcius, just 30 is enough:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:16:41 am by emtoonst »

canadien

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 06:27:30 pm »

Sorry Canadien, if I understand you correctly, you would like to see some sort of breadcrumb trail where you've been on top of the route? (My screenshot came from the device itself)
No stress. I finally decided to make it with apple motion software. I will based it on your screenshot I quoted above. I will simply copy it into the video.

Thanks anyway for offering your help  :)
-----
For the temperature I think having only one decimal (ex: 30,3 - 30,9 - etc. ) or having rounded to half unit would be great too (ex: 30,5 - 31 - etc.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:20:04 pm by canadien »

jormas7

• Regular Members
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 04:00:10 pm »

Mass storage on conecting unit, for the linux users...

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 01:43:56 pm »

Another feature request:

For sensors, when I select speed/cadence it then does not allow me to select speed or cadence for the other sensors and vice versa. I have multiple bikes, some with the combined speed/cadence and some with separate sensors. Can the firmware be modified to allow any combination so I don't have to re-program everytime?
Per our engineers, the reason why you're unable to select both sensors at the same time is because the Cadence and Speed is considered a single sensor each; whereas, the Speed/Cadence is two sensors in one unit.
For example, if you scan for a Cadence or Speed sensor, the Speed/Cadence will be disabled since the GB-580 could only scan for one sensor only. This is to avoid confusion as to where it acquires the cadence or speed values from a cadence and speed sensor or a speed/cadence sensor.

If not, can it at least remember which bike has what combo? For example bike 1 and 2 has the speed/cadence and bike 5 has separate speed and candence and when I select bike 5 it switches the sensor setting appropriately?
To be able to do this, you can perform a scan of sensor(s) before you start using them. In general, the device will show the last scanned sensor(s) (speed and cadence or speed/cadence) when you initiate the GB-580P. If you want to move to another bike which has a different combination from the last one, please perform the scanning process again.

Our engineers also suggested that the distance between one bike (i.e. Speed and Cadence sensors) and another bike (Speed/Cadence sensor) should have some space between each other in order for Scan feature to work properly. 

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any questions.

foo_fighter

• Regular Members
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 06:50:26 pm »

Well this is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to have to "re-scan" everytime I change from one bike to another.

Actually, today, I realized that you don't have to "re-scan" you can just deselect speed and deselect cadence and then select speed/cadence(sc option) and it will remember the pairing.

It would still be better if when I selected "bike 1" in the accessories it automatically remembers that bike 1 has the speed/cadence combo and enables it automatically.

To be able to do this, you can perform a scan of sensor(s) before you start using them. In general, the device will show the last scanned sensor(s) (speed and cadence or speed/cadence) when you initiate the GB-580P. If you want to move to another bike which has a different combination from the last one, please perform the scanning process again.

Our engineers also suggested that the distance between one bike (i.e. Speed and Cadence sensors) and another bike (Speed/Cadence sensor) should have some space between each other in order for Scan feature to work properly. 

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any questions.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 01:46:56 pm »

Deselecting the sensor(s) is one way to disable them if you switch to another bike with a different combination. After that, you still need to scan for the sensor(s) for the device to detect it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, our engineers are unable to meet this request since they're tied up with other projects. Perhaps, they could look into this in the future.

For now, you could disable the sensor(s) and perform the scanning process again.

lars

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:33 am »

Hello,

My dad has bought a GB-580p and i'm really surprised it is that good. But I think it needs a coupe improvements.

1. Increase the number of 200 points when you want to track a route. I think it needs to be at least 1000 points.

2. It is not possible to transfer .gpx routes with the program, maybe a bug? It really should support gpx files, it is in the program, but when I try to transfer them to the device, it comes with a unknown error.

3. Improve the program Gs-Sport Training Gym. It's a good program, but it sometimes doesn't do anything for a while, the only option is to shut the program down with ctrl-alt-del.
I think the first thing you want to see if you open GS-Sport Training Gym, is an overview about the activities you have. It is not really user-friendly that you have to search for a date when you want to see your last activities.
I think it should be made possible to share the ride with your friends with the program. Everyone wants to show what they've been up to. Make a kind of widget for facebook, or for websites, so that you can make it visible for other people. Programs like endomondo pro, sports tracker etc. (smartphone apps) make it possible to share your ride or run with other peope.

A MAC-friendly version of sport training gym pro would be great!

If some of these suggested features will be built in into the device, i want to buy one also!

Kind regards.

abarth

• Regular Members
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »

The Track Back function stops navigate once you deviated (e.g. detour, road construction, etc) from the uploaded route. Even after you get back on route afterward, the bottom arrow will continue to direct you back to where you deviated.

Can you also make the Slope function response faster?

The 580P is a great unit, but it is limited by the Training Gym Pro.  The Training Gym Pro needs to have the ability to save the ride data in either FIT or TCX file format.  The Training Gym Pro can only open KML file and not GPS file.  Why?   

canadien

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 11:13:39 pm »

The Track Back function stops navigate once you deviated (e.g. detour, road construction, etc) from the uploaded route. Even after you get back on route afterward, the bottom arrow will continue to direct you back to where you deviated.
It is because you did not enable auto-jump. Auto-jump will jump to nearest waypoint from where you are. If you don't enable it, you have to make sure to pass near every waypoint (inside 25 meter diameter default I think) one by one.

abarth

• Regular Members
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 08:42:36 am »

Thanks canadien. 

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

Hello Abarth,

The 580P is a great unit, but it is limited by the Training Gym Pro.  The Training Gym Pro needs to have the ability to save the ride data in either FIT or TCX file format.  The Training Gym Pro can only open KML file and not GPS file.  Why?   

If you deviated from the track simply hit the upper right button in map mode and see when the arrow is going up or the ...meters are counting down and after they counting up you are in the right direction again. you can select how much before  reaching the Trackpoint you want the new one (50, 100 ore 200 meters and so on) GPX is a problem with TGpro, I agree it needs to be better. But TGPro on the PC is better than having it on line, if online is not possible you still can download your data.

With regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 02:41:17 pm »

How fast do you want for response?

Regarding the FIT format, please refer to this forum posting: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4209.msg12603#msg12603).
Also, do you mean it's unable to open a GPS or GPX file? If it's the GPX file, you can go to File > Open. The Open window would come up. In the Files of type field, select the GPX Files (*.gpx). You'll be able to see the gpx files that you have.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 02:50:23 pm »

Hello,

My dad has bought a GB-580p and i'm really surprised it is that good. But I think it needs a coupe improvements.

1. Increase the number of 200 points when you want to track a route. I think it needs to be at least 1000 points.

2. It is not possible to transfer .gpx routes with the program, maybe a bug? It really should support gpx files, it is in the program, but when I try to transfer them to the device, it comes with a unknown error.

3. Improve the program Gs-Sport Training Gym. It's a good program, but it sometimes doesn't do anything for a while, the only option is to shut the program down with ctrl-alt-del.
I think the first thing you want to see if you open GS-Sport Training Gym, is an overview about the activities you have. It is not really user-friendly that you have to search for a date when you want to see your last activities.
I think it should be made possible to share the ride with your friends with the program. Everyone wants to show what they've been up to. Make a kind of widget for facebook, or for websites, so that you can make it visible for other people. Programs like endomondo pro, sports tracker etc. (smartphone apps) make it possible to share your ride or run with other peope.

A MAC-friendly version of sport training gym pro would be great!

If some of these suggested features will be built in into the device, i want to buy one also!

Kind regards.

Hello lars,

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your following suggestions.

Just let us know if you have any questions.

gerhard

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »

Data fields for accuracy.
GPS info: signal strength in numbers for satellites.

Record temperature, pressure and bearing, include the data in the protocol.
Include sat fix information in track point info, to make post process distance calc better.

The transfer protocol has a few unused bytes, but the internal storage may be full?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »

Hello gerhard,

What do you mean by "transfer protocol has a few unused bytes, but the internal storage may be full?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 19 queries.