USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: connecting BR-355 to Standard-Horizon GX1150 marine VHF  (Read 1286 times)

RockyShore

connecting BR-355 to Standard-Horizon GX1150 marine VHF
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:12:55 am »

I have interfaced the BR-355 to my marine VHF/DSC radio using a slightly different approach than a previous poster. To make it easy to install and test the components separately, I constructed a small (1"x2"x3") project box that contained a PS/2 jack for the BR-355, a stereo audio jack for the VHF, a 5 VDC regulated power supply with USB jack, and a hard-wired, fused lead to the 12 VDC boat supply and ground. The VHF that I used had 3 bare wires: GPS in, GPS out, and signal ground. All permanent connections were made in the box. That way there is no need to cut the end off the BR-355 cable, and the VHF is easily removable for testing and repair.

I can report that the BR355 and Standard Horizon GX1150 work together flawlessly.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: connecting BR-355 to Standard-Horizon GX1150 marine VHF
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:50 am »

Great! And, good to hear that the BR-355 works properly with the Standard-Horizon GX1150 Marine VHF!

Also, thanks for sharing your test materials and setup procedures with us. It was very informative.

Again, thanks for the info and updating us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.