USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to easy upload a route...  (Read 1395 times)

bengelen

• Regular Members
How to easy upload a route...
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:41:40 am »

Hi,

Is there an easy way to upload routes made with eg bike route toaster to the cycling computer?
The way as in the manual is adding waypoints and let the device create the route i think...

Thx,

Ben

abarth

• Regular Members
Re: How to easy upload a route...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:16:27 pm »

There is no easy way that I know of, but here is how I do mine:  Map your route using a web site like mapmyride.com, then save and export the route to a kml file.  Open the kml file in Training Gym Pro.  Go to Data Transmission, Track Points, then select Upload to device.  Once the file is uploaded, then go to menu on your 580P, select Activity, Activity Info, Training Info, choose the file you just uploaded, select Track Back, select either Forward or Backward and you are good to go.  It is not as easy as the Garmin 500 but you probably didn't pay the Garmin price either. 

I used the track back function to navigate a 68 miles ride yesterday, I only had to make a U turn twice.  So I am pretty happy with it.  I will be happier if the 580p would continue to navigate after I deviated slightly from the uploaded route.

canadien

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »

I will be happier if the 580p would continue to navigate after I deviated slightly from the uploaded route.
Please se my post here:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4227.msg12582#msg12582

abarth

• Regular Members
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

Thanks canadien.  My next question is, how can I stop the automatic zooming during Track Back? I set the Map Mode Set to Manual already, but during the ride, the map still zoom in/out automatically.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

Hello abarth,

Are you still experiencing this Auto Zoom during TrackBack?
Also, have you upgraded to the latest firmware available here: http://www.gs-sport.com/pro_dl.php?en_product_id=10&en_product_cnt_id=33?

abarth

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 03:24:18 pm »

I upgraded to the v1.03 right after I got my 580P.  I have not use the trackback function since that ride, so I don't know if it is still doing the auto zooming on trackback.  I will use it again this Saturday, will report back.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »

Alright, thanks for the update. Just keep us posted on this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 19 queries.