USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trainer Feature (Virtual Partner) problem  (Read 3587 times)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Trainer Feature
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 06:37:16 pm »

Thanks. Got your email.

Just forwarded the files to our engineers. Will keep you updated.

WincenT

• Regular Members
Re: Trainer Feature (Virtual Partner) problem
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 06:08:01 am »

I apologize if I answer only now, but I had missed the email between spam.

Quote from: Caron Ramos in email response
Hello,

After checking with our engineers regarding the Virtual Partner problem, they stated that the watch is calculated by average speed, not by the moment of speed. In order to match the training principles, the device does not follow the speed if it goes suddenly fast or instantly slow.

As for the issue with the displayed remaining time in interval feature, they will work on modifying this part. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Caron Ramos
Technical Support

Ok, but as you can see from the following image: at time: 24:12 I was just 50 meters ahead, but from 625XT was reporting a lead of 500 meters.
However I have not tried with the new firmware if the problem has been solved
Instead I am pleased that the new firmware has solved the issue with the displayed remaining time in interval feature.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:17:05 am by WincenT »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 02:44:00 pm »

Hello WincenT,

Alright, thanks for the update. And, no worries.

Thanks for providing that screenshot, along with a brief description. Please test out the latest firmware with the Virtual Partner function and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

WincenT

• Regular Members
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 09:24:02 am »

I tried it with the new firmware and the wrong result does not change.
On December 13, I ran 10.52 km in 55:30 (average 5:16 / km).
On December 27, I ran against race of 13 December and and I ran just only 6.18 km before stopping because I got injured.
However, I took two references, the first after covering 2000 meters and the second at 4000 meters.
At a distance of 2000 meters (partial time: 9:52) clock reported an advantage on the trainer of 140 meters.
Instead from the image that clarifies the evolution of the races can we grasp that trainer at the same Partial 9:52 had run for 2,100 km, so Trainer was ahead 100 meters and NOT 140 behind.
And yet at a distance of 4000 meters (partial time: 20:50) the clock reported an advantage on the trainer of 46 meters.
While at part-time 20:50, trainer had run for 4.250 km, therefore Trainer was ahead 250 meters and NOT 46 behind.
Everything would make sense if the clock merely consider the average speed of the trainer 5:16/km (see in the lower part of the image)
It 's so??

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for sharing your test results, as well as providing a detailed info about the issue. Also, thanks for providing a screenshot.

This has been forwarded to our engineers. Will get back to you once I get a response.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »

Hello WincenT,

Regarding this issue, our engineers are requesting for the complete activity files of the Virtual Partner and yourself. Can you please send those files to support@usglobalsat.com and include a brief description? Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.