USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Globalsat gb-580p vs Timex cycle trainer 2.0 gps  (Read 3975 times)

kimso

• Regular Members
Globalsat gb-580p vs Timex cycle trainer 2.0 gps
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:46:04 am »

Hello,
Timex cycle trainer 2.0 gps unit (http://www.timex.com/watches/cycle-trainer-20-gps-bike-computer-t5k615f5) is the same device that Globalsat gb-580p?

My questions are:

- Which of the two devices is better
- In Timex device can be load the newer globalsat firmware.
- Can I load gpx tracks to follow routes downloaded from the internet?
- The band's heart rate monitor is encoded?
- Which is the best soft to use with a apple computer?

Thank you,

Kim
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:12:27 am by kimso »

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: Globalsat gb-580p vs Timex cycle trainer 2.0 gps
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »

To answer some your questions, we have a different firmware for both of these devices since they have different features. In other words, they are not identical products.

As of now, for the GB-580P, you're able to create Routes from the unit itself by going to Main Menu > Navigation > Routes > Create New. For more details, please refer to its User Manual (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/678/gb580_user_manual.pdf) starting from page 29.
The route planning feature is not currently supported in the Training Gym Pro (the program used for this device). However, our engineers will look into this and see if they can add this feature.

The GB-580P is using a 2.4G ANT wireless HRM, as stated here: (http://www.gs-sport.com/products.php?en_product_id=10). To learn more about ANT, please click here: http://www.thisisant.com/

The Timex Cycle Trainer 2.0 can be used with TrainingPeaks software, which is a very professional program. You can learn more about this software online or just click here: (http://home.trainingpeaks.com/). As for the GB-580P, currently, we don't have any MAC OSX software available. However, we would have the Cloud version of the Training Gym Pro. For more info, please refer to this forum posting: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4257.0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:33:49 pm by USG_TECH10 »

bluej

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:48:45 pm »

I purchased and have been using a 580P for a few months now.  I'm starting to play with the desktop software more now and I have to echo the strong desire to be able to plan a route with Training Gym Pro and especially load one from another file.

I'm currently the first person I know who has taken a chance on this device and I've been pretty happy so far, and will be able to share my experiences with a large cycling community.   Not being able to utilize all capabilities of a GPS based unit because the desktop software cannot is a very strong turn-off for this device.  It seems like the intention was to have this capability either in the past or future and I'd like to urge you to make it a development priority.  The ability to save, share and load routes is a feature I would say most in the american market expect from more than just a very bare-bones gps unit.

I think this is my first post so I also wanted to say thanks for setting up a forum like this to connect with your customers.  Seeing your response to input and the steady development of new and also refinement of existing software features was one of the reasons I took the chance on this product, so please keep it up.  :)

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:51:26 pm »

Loading KML or GPX(not all GPX compatible) is no problem TGPro 1.6.8. top menu FILE>OPEN>KML.
Making tracks I use bikeroutetoaster.com This in GPX format with altitude profile, you can use Sporttracks 3.1 to upload it to the GB580P and a very nice program to use, or use TGPro.
If you want to convert it to KML use TCX converter (look on the web) this is a very good program.
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:52:21 pm »

Hello bluej,

Welcome to the forums! Good to hear that you enjoy using the device. I will go ahead and share your concerns with our engineers.

You could also take a look at albert's suggestions since they're good and reliable programs that let you create a route and upload it into the GB-580.

And, you're welcome. We do try our best to provide efficient support and good service as we can. Moreover, thanks for considering and trying out our product.

Feel free to ask us if you have any questions.

mikek753

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 12:49:54 pm »

hi,

I'm in USA and yes, I'd like to have ability to plan route in Training Gym Pro and upload it to device in one click as well.
I'd like to use embedded google maps to create the route the same way as it's done in standalone online google map direction feature to be able reshape it to my likes based on altitude.
This isn't about getting fastest or shortest route!!! but, proper workout.
Calories / power forecast will be even better to create the route.

In short - please add "Create Route" to Training Gym Pro  ;)

Thanks. 
Best Regards.
Mike.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 12:55:16 pm »

Hello Mike,

Alright, will go ahead and pass this on to our engineers. Thanks.

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 03:25:47 am »

Hi Mike,

you can use Sporttracks for what you want also.

Best regards
Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 10:59:56 am »

Thanks, Longjog, for your input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 19 queries.