USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buttoncombos  (Read 1370 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

buttoncombos
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »

OK. So, I would rather see a subforum where we could post all new ideas and suggestions for improvements but since that apparently is not going to happen (as mentioned here) I think i will start reposting ideas from the past. The ideas might not always be mine originally and it's not my intention to take credit from others. I only wish to relift the discussion in the case of forgotten topics. The best would of course be to refer to old threads and posts and i will do that if i find the right posts.   :-)

Since all sportwatches are quite similar I'm not sure if there is a need to keep suggestions in separate threads since one good idea mostly applies to all watches...if moderators have an opinion please move thread to where it suits best. :-)

Earlier we discussed buttoncombinations. in 625XT there is only one which locks the watch so the only thing you can do is see the time. I would like to have a shortcut that toggles batteryconsumers like HRM and GPS but still allow allow you to look at activities etc.

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
Re: buttoncombos
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:45 am »

Earlier we discussed buttoncombinations. in 625XT there is only one which locks the watch...
Are you describing your suggestion for improvement or is this already there ?
If already available, please explain how to use !

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

gerhard

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:55:26 pm »

This is an enhancement suggestion. My take:
When long press button down (OK in both the GH-625XT and GB-580), you get a shortcut with essential pre-exercise menues. There should not be more than 5 choices, for a quick selection.
Alternatively, the shortcuts are set in the end of the normal config menu (so a few arrow up is sufficient).

My suggestions:
GPS Setting (to set GPS on/off, GPS Info) - maybe two separate entries
Barometer setting (or even better, manual barometer set, regardless if Auto/Manual is set).
Intervall Training (if this is implemented in the com protocol).

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:42:12 am »

Earlier we discussed buttoncombinations. in 625XT there is only one which locks the watch...
Are you describing your suggestion for improvement or is this already there ?
If already available, please explain how to use !

Regards, Hubert
Both, Hubert. It is there but could be improved. If you press and hold bottom left and bottom right button the watch will go into "normal wristwatchmode" which means that gps is switched off and you can't navigate at all in the watch. The only thing you can do is to look at the display and see what time it is. I therefore suggest other or better buttoncombos because I want to be able to navigate in the watch.

Gerhard: I do fully support your suggestion with a menu for shortcuts.

Hubert

• Hubert (Germany)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »

If you press and hold bottom left and bottom right button the watch will go into "normal wristwatchmode" which means that gps is switched off and you can't navigate at all in the watch. The only thing you can do is to look at the display and see what time it is.
Okay, thank you for explanation. This functionality is (of course) not what I wanted. I thought, there might be already an unknown function to prevent unwanted stops/laps or other things, while being able to watch all other gps and/or training data.
I personally don't have problems with these kind of unintended button actions, but I know some users have and I think it would be good to improve the watch to provide a function for this !

Regards, Hubert
GH-625XT, Firmware: F-GGH-2P-1112231 (Beta)
GH-505 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2C-1007161 (Beta)
GH-625 M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1001073 (Version XII)
with GS-Sport Gym Pro v1.6.8 and Sporttracks 2.1.3326

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:50:54 pm »

Hello All,

Thanks for your valuable input. Will go ahead and share this with our engineers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 19 queries.