USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DG-200 Datacenter utility map problem  (Read 1734 times)

rafael901

DG-200 Datacenter utility map problem
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:21:57 pm »

I downloaded the latest DG-200 utility and it will not show the map inside the datacenter window pane as shown in the user guide. The window pane only shows a blank white screen instead of a map.  Is there an embedded mapping software that suppose to show up in the utility or do we have to save the datapoints and open them up in mapping software like google earth?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Re: DG-200 Datacenter utility map problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:12:54 pm »

Just a couple of questions:

Do you have internet access? If you have internet access, the Google Map should show up in the window pane.

Did you download the utility the CD or from our website? If from the CD, please download the latest version (V1.2.2.12327) from here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/download/677/datacenter.zip
Make sure to uninstall the previous version first and restart your computer. Then, install the latest version.

What is the operating system and version of your computer?

rafael901

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:19:23 pm »

I uninstalled the previous version of Datacenter and rebooted my pc. Then I used your link to download and install the latest version with no luck.   Google maps still does not show up in the window pane.  I do have access to the internet.  I am running windows 7 32 bit version.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:49:36 pm »

Perhaps, there are some settings on your computer or programs that won't allow you to completely use the DataCenter program. Please refer below for some of the possible troubleshooting steps:

If you have an active antivirus program, disable it and restart your computer. Once your computer completely rebooted, please run the DataCenter program.

Moreover, you can try to follow the possible workarounds that are suggested by one forum member here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4073.msg11783#msg11783

You can possibly try another option as well such as running the Data Center program as an administrator. To do this, you can right-click on its icon and select Properties. In the Compatibility tab, check the box that states 'Run this program as an administrator' under Privilege Level. Click Apply and OK.

rafael901

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 08:21:37 pm »

I have already tried running the program as administrator.  I also disabled my antivirus program and entered an exception in windows firewall for the DG-200 utility and the Google map still will not load.  there is just a blank white page where the map should be.  Does anybody have any ideas to get Google maps to show up inside the utility.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »

Basically, if you have followed the suggested workarounds, that would resolve the issue. Also, we have a computer here running on Windows 7 and the Google maps showed up properly in the DataCenter program. Perhaps, you could try to restart your computer and logged in as admin and see if that would resolve it.

Have you tried duplicating this problem with another computer? You could try installing the DataCenter program with this computer and see if you encounter the same issue.

In the meantime, can you please register your product first and generate a support ticket? So, I could forward your issue to our engineers.

We recommend that you visit our website: (http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/signin.aspx?ReturnURL=/store/support/). Register your product and generate a "Support Ticket" from within our system.

If you had purchased the item from the USGlobalSat website, you should already have a customer account and password. You can immediately log-in using that info. If you purchased it from one of our authorized resellers, you will need to establish a NEW account at: http://www.usglobalsat.com/store/createaccount.aspx

By working within our support structure, we do not only address your specifc issue in a timely manner, but also maintain a history of your incident to ensure that it is handled with appropriate actions. It's not only now, but for all potential future communications as well.

We again thank you for your patience and cooperation.

WARRANTY POLICY
Please read our posted warranty policy, especially on how it pertains to sellers of USGlobalSat product on e-Bay & other unauthorized resellers: http://www.usglobalsat.com/s-131-terms-conditions.aspx#12

rafael901

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 04:32:39 pm »

I tried to duplicate the problem on other PCs and I could not.  Google Maps worked on a PC running windows 7 home premium and on a PC running windows XP sp3.  So this problem is only happening on my PC that is running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.  I was not able to register on the USGlobalSat because apparently I purchase my data logger form an unauthorized site (Amazon).  Does this mean that you guys can not help me with this issue?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 06:02:50 pm »

Perhaps, the reseller, whom you bought the datalogger from (since we have some on Amazon), is one of our authorized resellers. :)
So, please register your product first and generate a support ticket from our website. Also, it's one of our company policies for our products to go through this process.

Once you have registered the product and generated a support ticket, I'll be able to forward your issue to our engineers. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 19 queries.