USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My HRM beeps in pace with my pulse.  (Read 3787 times)

AndersBrontosaurus

Re: My HRM beeps in pace with my pulse.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 02:44:53 am »

But also, since this sound seem to follow my pulse and since it loses rhythm everytime you something physical, could it have something to do with the HRM inaccuracy? Climbing a ladder was enough for the beep...beep...beep to go beep...bi-di-beep..bidididdelideep-beep...beep..bip. so if it can't track my heart properly when moving that would be the problem.

I think the reason why the beeping sounds erratic to you when you're moving is that the strap is pressing against your chest differently depending on your body position.  I know that with my strap, I can't hear the beeping when I have it on unless I stick my finger in between the sensor part of the strap and my chest so there is a little space between the sensor and my chest.  When I just let it sit flush against my chest, the beeping is completely inaudible.... presumably because the speaker is situated on the back side of the strap and the sound is probably being completely muffled by my chest.  I've tested the strap quite a bit over the past few days and it seems to be just as accurate when it's beeping as when I can't hear the beeping.  The problem for me with the strap's inaccuracy seems to mostly happen in the upper spectrum of my heartbeat range.... like during a tempo run where I'd normally expect to be at around 180 to 188 BPM, and the strap is saying it's at 199 or higher.

Yes. And this is what I find interesting. When I run, the watch often give too high readings. When I stop it gives correct readings. When I climb ladders the pulseband beeps completely random and when I stand still it beeps according to my pulse. Am I misunderstanding something, am I stupid or why am I the only one who find this odd?

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 02:48:47 am »

Hello Anders,
Can you please try to follow the guide that I sent you via email? Check to see if that resolve the problem.
Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Hello. I think I did what was told but can't find the mail so i don't know what I was supposed to do. Therefore can't answer on if there was a differen but I don't think so.

I'm not sure that people saw the soundfile in my first post since noone really comments on it so I'll post it again here. :-)

http://min.us/mNxtiH2AN#1o

Longjog @ GS-Sport-Servicecenter

• Globalsat GS-Sport-Servicecenter Germany
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 03:17:48 pm »

Hi again,

I think the beeping and the wrong readings were independant from each other. A belt which is beeping could be defective but it is also possible, its accuracy is okay.

Best regards

Longjog
http://www.gs-sport-servicecenter.de.vu/

GH-625M, GH-625XT, GH-505, GH-561, GB-580P, BT-338
Germany

AndersBrontosaurus

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53:13 pm »

Hi again,
I think the beeping and the wrong readings were independant from each other. A belt which is beeping could be defective but it is also possible, its accuracy is okay.

Best regards
Longjog
Hi Longjog and others.
I finally reproduced the asynchronous beeping twice this morning wearing the watch. Sat still the entire time. Here's a screenshot from one of the sessions. As you can see the pulse rises up to 200 when I start fiddling with the pulseband after a minute or so and then comes back to normal when I let go of it.

Would be interesting to see if someone else can reproduce the error.

/Anders
As you can see

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 19 queries.