USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leap Second Firmware  (Read 1664 times)

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
Leap Second Firmware
« on: July 09, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »

The leap-second firmware, which has the version F-GPS-03-1203062, resolves the leap second issue or one-second advance.

Although, if you have an older firmware version, per our engineers, it will still adjust to the proper time once it acquires a good GPS fix within 10 minutes or less. In other words, the older firmware is still stable and would show the corrects time once it gets a good fix.

If you still want to upgrade to the leap-second version, you can send us an email (support@usglobalsat.com) to request that version. Make sure to include a brief description for your request.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:45:39 pm by USG_TECH10 »

SteffenKristoph

Re: Leap Second Firmware
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:22:38 am »

Just for the sake of the bookkeeper... the firmware ist for em406 only, isn't it? And not for the em406a? Because when I flash it to my em406a the devices led stops blinking and doesn't find satellites any more? Where can I get the actual leap second firmware for the em406a?

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:50 am »

Hello SteffenKristoph,

Welcome to the forums! Just a couple of questions:

What firmware version are you referring to that's only for the EM-406? Are you referring to the same firmware version (F-GPS-03-1203062)?
And, what firmware version that you flash to the EM-406? Where did you acquire it from? Please keep in mind that upgrading the firmware of the unit without proper instructions, you may render your device unusable.

Also, in order to provide further support, can you please register your product and generate a support ticket? Please check your email for further instructions.

SteffenKristoph

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:51:05 pm »

Hello,
I'm very sorry for my late feedback. To make it clear, Iam searching for the leap second
firmware for the em406a, the one providing also the 1PPS output.

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:03 pm »

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Any reason, why you want to upgrade to the leap second firmware?
Also, have you registered your product and generated a support ticket within our system?

SteffenKristoph

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 09:02:22 pm »

Oh the reason is quite simple  ;) I have several em406a devices which i use to synchronize some mikrocontroller clocks. At first the time is read from the nmea string to adjust the actual time and afterwards the 1pps signal is used to correct the clock drift.
But my problem is following: I only need the devices once in two months and as a result the internal battery is empty. Now some of the devices have newer firmware and on the first run some of them have an offset of 2s. Leaving the modules running for 15minutes and restarting them I get the correct times. But I don't want to wait until the module has read the leap second correction  ;)
That's the reason why I'm asking for the correct firmware. I have tried the one your homepage but now the the led has stopped working!?

And no, I haven't opened a support ticket yet  :(

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:55:30 pm »

Alright, thanks for sharing your comments.

Regarding the LED, is it still not working? What was the reason it stopped working?

Got it. In order for us to provide further support, please generate a support ticket within our system. Thanks.

SteffenKristoph

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 03:55:41 pm »

No, the LED is still not working  :(
To get into this issue I downloaded the firmware file from the following page
http://www.usglobalsat.com/s-90-em-406a-support.aspx
but having a look at the download link provided by you this is the firmware file for the em406 without the A, so it doesn't have 1PPS support ??

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 11:54:32 am »

If the LED is still not working, do you still see data coming through?
What was the initial firmware of the engine modules?

Please check your email for our further response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 19 queries.