USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trackback  (Read 2760 times)

korivo

• Regular Members
Trackback
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:33:49 am »

Hi,
A month ago, I went riding with some friends to a new place.
It is a single track, but it has a lots of other trails crossing it, my friends new place really well.
So I basically followed my friends the whole time and  tracked the trails with the GPS for a future ride alone.
I did trackback yesterday.

It seems to work "OK".
There is a few thing I didnt understand about the feature and the manual has no information at all on it.
Could someone give me more details about this feature.
Sometime the device was beeping at intervals, I never understood why.
It kept zoomin in when I stop (20m), at the zoom level, I couldnt see my track at all on the device so at a fork, I didnt know where to turn.
I tried to disable automatic zoom, but then I did not know how to manually zoomin and out.
How should I read the distance of waypoint on the map, there was a whole bunch on the creen that I could scroll thru.
When I do a trackback, can I also track my ride ?
There was a long black line on the trackback screen, I did not understand what it was, how it got there and how to remove it.
How does the auto jump working ?

Thanks a lot for any input.
Mat
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:45:06 am by korivo »

canadien

Re: Trackback
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:33:35 am »

you should download the manual user guide. It is in download section of gs-sport.com, usglobalsat website, globalsat.com.tw

Check for auto-jump, auto zoom, etc.

albert

• this product gives value for money
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:44:04 pm »

Sometime the device was beeping at intervals, I never understood why.
It kept zoomin in when I stop (20m), at the zoom level, I couldnt see my track at all on the device so at a fork, I didnt know where to turn.
I tried to disable automatic zoom, but then I did not know how to manually zoomin and out.
How should I read the distance of waypoint on the map, there was a whole bunch on the creen that I could scroll thru.
When I do a trackback, can I also track my ride ?
There was a long black line on the trackback screen, I did not understand what it was, how it got there and how to remove it.
How does the auto jump working ?
To start, I have to admit that not everything is in the Manual, so reading it thus not clear all your questions.
1.Trackback is easy to use, if you start riding and hit the right (up) button you start the recording. Device is now recording whit all data (speed, distance, cadence(if you have a sensor) etc. If you want to ride a trackback you have to load it in from the PC or it is already on the device. Go to MENU>ACTIVITY>ACTIVITY INFO>TRAINING INFO and select the trackback you want. Now you have to select BACKWARD or FORWARD, after this the recording starts automatic. The screen gives the warning PLEASE WAIT OPTIMIZING.
Now you have to make sure that MAP MODE is set to Bird Eye View and Auto. On manual you don't gain anything yet, you can't press UP or DOWN key to zoom in or out because what you do is going up or down in Smart Track Points (STP) so there is no possibility to zoom in or out (has to be fixed I agree)It works now only on speed.
Than you have to set the STP distance alert this in MENU>ACTIVITY>SETTING>SET GUIDING, You can choose 25,50,100,200, etc. I prefer 100m with the racing bike. With MTB it can be 50m maybe, best to have 75m as well in next firmware. This is the point where the trackback go's to a next STP to show you where to go. The arrow gives the direction and the box in the right corner the distance to go to next STP and number of the STP(This is in map mode and at the bottom of the screen).
2. Auto jump works to the nearest STP, you not always want that, if you cross the tracks it could shortcut your complete track by taking the nearest STP, so watch out whit that.
3. Waypoints are working different, you can make waypoints and it directs you to the waypoint but this is not following a road, you can however make many waypoints to make a route, but smart trackback thus that for you. You could put waypoints on crucial points because they showing up in the map.
4. From the PC you can use TGPro 1.6.8. to load in KML tracks or GPX(not all GPX are compatible) see manual.
I use trackback a lot, for race it is OK, but for MTB maybe you need more than 200 points or you have to do it on crucial points manually. Make sure to put a point before the turn and direct after the turn. this should work.   

With regards,

Albert

GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202
Biker, minimum 8000 km a Year.

korivo

• Regular Members
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:44:29 am »

Indeed, the manual doesnt covert at all this feature.
So with STP, if I set it up at 25 meters , it will direct me to the closer STP at 25 meters correct ?
Auto jump should definetly be off for me, unless i am lost, by turning it on, it will direct me to the closer STP correct ?
Do you know why the device was beeping ? I had not alarm setup.
what do you mean by "maybe you need more than 200 points", what kind of points are you referring to ?

Thank you so much for your input.
Mat

albert

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

Hello Mat,

So with STP, if I set it up at 25 meters , it will direct me to the closer STP at 25 meters correct ?
Yes, for fast cycling to late because you have to wait short to see the next direction STP (can be for example 1500 fuhrer away)
Auto jump should definetly be off for me, unless i am lost, by turning it on, it will direct me to the closer STP correct ?
Yes this is to shorten a track or to find the track back on the nearest point.
Do you know why the device was beeping ? I had not alarm setup.
Beeping comes from a STP if you pass one it beeps to give you the attention that the next STP is chosen.
what do you mean by "maybe you need more than 200 points", what kind of points are you referring to ?
A track is made out of 200 points maximum, so a track should not much bigger than 100 km STP avg= 500m. The system is much more clever but it is a average.

With regards,

Albert
GH-625M, Firmware: F-GGH-2A-1012103, GB580P version 2.0 F-GGB-21402241.GHX,  GH 625XT, GH 561, Training Gym Pro V1.7.10 / Sport Tracks (ST)2.1.3478/ST3.1.5202

korivo

• Regular Members
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:29:34 pm »

Ok I get it now, but in MTB the direction of the Next waypoint are not ideal because the trails are swirling so much in a short distance.
What I was looking for is just to follow the map on my screen, but I had trouble with that, the map wasn't always showing or couldn't really locate me at the correct position on the trail segment.
Meaning, sometimes I was exactly on the trail segment, and that was way cool because I could quickly look at the screen and see all the turns coming up!
But they were some occasion where I know I was on the right trail segment, but the GPS could not locate me accuratly  i guess, so i was left with no visual, just a waypoint, which doesn't help me much on a MTB trail.

What happen if I setup the STP at 25m and I ride a trail of 40km ?

Thanks,
Mat

albert

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:21:45 pm »

Hi Mat,

The 25 m thus not do anything else than warning and go to next STP, so it is more accurate but also telling later when to turn!
Best to do some manually work, if a trail is without junctions I would suggest to take out a lot of track points. In this way you avoid that the system makes STP and you have left more for the crucial points in the track. I found it the best way to have a track point just before a junction and just after, than you almost never go wrong.

albert

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »

Good news for people how like to travel a longer period without a computer to download the Activities to.
If you set in ACTIVITY--> SETTING-->DATA RECORD-->
RECORD DATA POINTS [CUSTOM TIME] RECORD EVERY 16 SEC.
You get about 226 hours of record time and the tracks are still very nice to follow.
I tried it my self during 10 day's with also 16 tracks (avg length 110 km) loaded to follow.
I still hat about 89 Hours left after the journey. So you can go a long journey without fear to have to short on memory.

With regards,

Albert

GS_TECH01

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:19:05 am »

Hello Albert,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the TrackBack function. Hope it helps other forum members as well. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 19 queries.