USGlobalSat GPS Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH 625XT --> GB-580  (Read 628 times)

triple_Run

• Regular Members
GH 625XT --> GB-580
« on: June 18, 2013, 04:22:39 am »

Hi,

due to the fact that I have a new Bike I am considering to replace my watch with the cycling computer, mainly because of the barometric Altitude measuring (but also for speed and cadence). Therefore I have two questions (some of this stuff has possibly been asked before)

1. Is there meanwhile a way to purchase the GB-580 with a wrist-strap as well (I read it was not one year ago, but there was picture showing one)?

2. Is it true that the device uses less accurate GPS sensors (or measuring/calculating method) than the GH 625XT?

Regards Curt 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:31:58 am by triple_Run »

gerhard

Re: GH 625XT --> GB-580
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:48:16 pm »

I have used the 580P together with the 625XT to test both on run and bike rides.
While the 580P has advantages like a better used scree, barometer and ANT sensors, the 625XT is a better overall device.

1. Is there meanwhile a way to purchase the GB-580 with a wrist-strap as well (I read it was not one year ago, but there was picture showing one)?
Dont know, but even if it fits the gb580 is a little thick for the arm.
It fits well in the hand though.

2. Is it true that the device uses less accurate GPS sensors (or measuring/calculating method) than the GH 625XT?
SirfStar3 vs SirfStar4. That should not be major, but I expect the 625XT to have a better antenna too. The track in the woods is often a little off compared to the 625XT (why I suspect the antenna). Road tracks are fine.
The SW is tweaked for "road usage" it seems. While a pace value can be displayed, it does consistently seem a little slow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 19 queries.